Ensign
# 11
10-15-2012, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirai222 View Post
as far as I'm concerned, the Borg are the least interesting group in Star Trek lore. .
That's a bit harsh.

I have to admit though, I am VERY tired of always fighting the Borg. Some variety would be lovely.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-15-2012, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
I recall Picard saying "notify Starfleet.... we have engaged the Borg" (accompanied by a wonderful music score)
I recall Janeway saying "notify the ship.... we have engaged the Kazon" *Tuvok laughs histerically* (accompanied by a Benny Hilll musical score)

Ya, the Kazon were like C-List Klingons for Yoyager.
This is not as good as it used to be...
Captain
# 13
10-15-2012, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Forced to agree.

Which is a shame, as they didn't start off that way - heck, in 'Q Who' and 'Best of Both Worlds' they were fantastic - fearsome, practically unstoppable, flattened a 39 ship fleet with very little effort. I recall Picard saying "notify Starfleet.... we have engaged the Borg" (accompanied by a wonderful music score) and the Borg Cube juggarnaught, sent shivers down my spine at the time.

Sadly, so far as I am concerned, the Borg Queen ruined the concept and they've become a tired, overused, cliche. Needless to say, I am not overly bothered about the new 'Hive' STF.
THIS!

I sometimes catch myself of nostalgia and i wish things would have been developed a bit different. The borg where fearsome and scary then.

About Season 7, i think there will be just ANOTHER tribble reward, just like the previous seasons that i have tested on tribble. Maybe a accolade at best.

Thank you for reading or ignoring, depending on who you are.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Career Officer
# 14
10-15-2012, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by targpetz101 View Post
I recall Janeway saying "notify the ship.... we have engaged the Kazon" *Tuvok laughs histerically* (accompanied by a Benny Hilll musical score)

Ya, the Kazon were like C-List Klingons for Yoyager.
lmfao nice
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Captain
# 15
10-15-2012, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenor002 View Post
It'll be out when TOR goes F2P / Update 1.5 hits.
TOR F2P = aweful F2P looking at thier matrix and there is next to nothing in 1.5

I am sooo looking forward for when Season 7 hits Tribble, getting really excited to look around the new block, new shiney places and KILL STUFF lol

Going to be a packed 2 months with Season 7 and the Winter event
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Career Officer
# 16
10-15-2012, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
TOR F2P = aweful F2P looking at thier matrix and there is next to nothing in 1.5
bet that game still dose more content even after F2P if sto F2p is sooo good why cant the do more stuff that dose not count lockboxs or the Cstore? more then ones to 2 times a year i tell you why cryptic and PWE is greedy
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Commander
# 17
10-15-2012, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post

I am sooo looking forward for when Season 7 hits Tribble, getting really excited to look around the new block, new shiney places and KILL STUFF lol

Going to be a packed 2 months with Season 7 and the Winter event
"....next to nothing in 1.5?" Oh my...
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Captain
# 18
10-15-2012, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
bet that game still dose more content even after F2P if sto F2p is sooo good why cant the do more stuff that dose not count lockboxs or the Cstore? more then ones to 2 times a year i tell you why cryptic and PWE is greedy
You would think they would with the amount of devs they still have despite the massive layoffs - 1.5 , at launch for example SWTOR = 34 full time writers , STO = 1, they devs here have quickened up the pace in bringing out this season and hopefully will be quicker with the next one as they have increased the dev pool recently - which is great

With a bit of luck they will start doing STF's in the future that are not Borg based as you have the 3 parter and then ending with Into the Hive - which im looking forward to when it hits Tribble.
The Devs have said that this season is quite big with lots to do, enjoyed jumping on Tribble last season to wander around - loved the mirror ship in the planet lol
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Career Officer
# 19
10-15-2012, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirai222 View Post
Nothing to interest me yet. I don't do STFs. And as far as I'm concerned, the Borg are the least interesting group in Star Trek lore. Well, okay, the Kazon are worse.

Keep the Season 7 blogs coming, folks.
The biggest thing that I am looking forward too is the Reputation System. It will be made so that you do not have to ever do another stf and still can work towards getting the stf gear by playing other content
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
10-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
The biggest thing that I am looking forward too is the Reputation System. It will be made so that you do not have to ever do another stf and still can work towards getting the stf gear by playing other content
We don't actually know this. They could still easily put inputs on those projects that only drop in STFs, and even limit that to elite STFs for mk XII gear.

Though even getting rid of the prototype tech nonsense would be such an improvement...