Starfleet Veteran
Uh, I couldn't find a place to submit a forum bug, but I suppose this will work.
As shown on my profile avatar, I'm a Career Officer. I've clicked "Change Your Avatar," selected Starfleet Veteran, then clicked "Submit Title."
I'm still a Career Officer.
Help.
Republic Veteran
# 2
10-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Clear your cache. Log back in. Change it. That should work.

I got it to work by logging in from another computer (thus why I suggested clearing the cache).
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergaminggeek View Post
Uh, I couldn't find a place to submit a forum bug, but I suppose this will work.
As shown on my profile avatar, I'm a Career Officer. I've clicked "Change Your Avatar," selected Starfleet Veteran, then clicked "Submit Title."
I'm still a Career Officer.
Help.
If you're using a 3rd party browser, try setting the titel using IE. It seemed to work for me and a few other posters here. Using Chrome, clearing the cache, etc. did not solve the issue, but using IE did. I suspect it might be the way the toggle is coded in the background.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
10-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiusrex View Post
If you're using a 3rd party browser, try setting the titel using IE. It seemed to work for me and a few other posters here. Using Chrome, clearing the cache, etc. did not solve the issue, but using IE did. I suspect it might be the way the toggle is coded in the background.
Looks like I'm going to redownload Internet Explorer.
EDIT: It works. Thanks.

Last edited by supergaminggeek; 10-12-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
10-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
NP. Don't feel obligated to use IE after you successfully change this option, though

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Empire Veteran
# 6
10-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Go Klingon! Grrr another fed. *MALLET*

Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010
Captain
# 7
10-12-2012, 11:54 AM
This really should be an option under the User CP "Edit Avatar" area, as well. I went there first, rather than clicking the thing at the top of the forums, because really they ought to go to the same place, right?
Career Officer
# 8
10-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidiusrex View Post
Quote:
So IE has another use afterall, besides a tool to download another browser.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 9
10-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Glad you found a solution to your issue. For future reference, if you do need to open a support ticket, you can click on "Support" at the top of any page on the site. Then click on "Contact Us", and that'll take you to the form. "Forums and Website" is the type of support you'd want for anything related to the forums and website.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
10-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Glad you found a solution to your issue. For future reference, if you do need to open a support ticket, you can click on "Support" at the top of any page on the site. Then click on "Contact Us", and that'll take you to the form. "Forums and Website" is the type of support you'd want for anything related to the forums and website.
Thank you. I'll keep that in mind.