Captain
You might be having crashes randomly here and there because there is a 5 GB patch/download that is being added to your computer in little bits today.

It is most likely season 7 or components of it.

If you want to avoid the crashes and download it all at once - click the OPTIONS tab on the Launcher and click "disable on-demand patching"

This will start the whole 5 GB download

So is it season 7?

Last edited by levi3; 10-12-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Captain
# 2
10-12-2012, 10:35 AM
I was having crashes every time I beamed into DS9 - so I made the changes to the Launcher and am now in the process of downloading the 5 GB patch.

Thanks for the info. Hope it is Season 7 - Cryptic delievering something earlier than expected? That will be a huge surprize - with the LTS surprize this week they are really shaking things up compared to before when you would have to wait and wait.
Career Officer
# 3
10-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Interesting ....
Thanks for the heads up Levi.
Captain
# 4
10-12-2012, 10:45 AM
I thought series 7 was still a month or more away, it's probably just some new tech being added to the game
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Career Officer
# 5
10-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthyme467989 View Post
I thought series 7 was still a month or more away, it's probably just some new tech being added to the game
I'd agree that it's probably not Season 7, but I would bet that it is stealth patching some of the new tech for Season 7, so that when the BIG season premiere patch occurs it doesn't take so long.
Captain
# 6
10-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
I'd agree that it's probably not Season 7, but I would bet that it is stealth patching some of the new tech for Season 7, so that when the BIG season premiere patch occurs it doesn't take so long.
Probably this, I expect a Dev will see this thread at some point and drop in to explain
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
10-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
I was having crashes every time I beamed into DS9 - so I made the changes to the Launcher and am now in the process of downloading the 5 GB patch.

Thanks for the info. Hope it is Season 7 - Cryptic delievering something earlier than expected? That will be a huge surprize - with the LTS surprize this week they are really shaking things up compared to before when you would have to wait and wait.
I was wondering why my client tanked when I beamed into DS9. Thanks for the tip, I'll change my launcher options and see how that goes.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-12-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm not sure what are you all talking about - no crashes, lags or suspicious downloads on my side.

And what did you say... 5Gb sized patch?! What, they've recorded voices for every single bit of text in the game, added thousands of new areas and thousands of new unique looking ships?
Career Officer
# 9
10-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joxertm2 View Post
I'm not sure what are you all talking about - no crashes, lags or suspicious downloads on my side.

And what did you say... 5Gb sized patch?! What, they've recorded voices for every single bit of text in the game, added thousands of new areas and thousands of new unique looking ships?
It's all true Joxer.
There is indeed a 5G patch in the pipes.
You can make it happen all at once by doing what LEVI said above.
Commander
# 10
10-12-2012, 11:14 AM
My client crashes every time I try to log in my Klingon. He is currently in the Quo'nos shipyard.

I've made the launcher change and restarted but still crashes.