Career Officer
# 1 Life Time
10-09-2012, 01:05 PM
I would like to Say thanks Cryptic! I know alot of people are NOT please with the new Lifetime Perk, But I for one Am. I have been Hollaring in multiple Places that LIFETIMERS should have access to All Veteran Rewards from day 0. The Simple reason being: We PAID our Dues. We have no Ongoing subscription to keep up. No matter what, if we go away from the game for 2 years or a year.. (like many Lifers I know did) You still are a subscriber.. I Know many 900 Day Veterans who might of played the game for 45 days but had bought the lifetime. THEY still get all the rewards when they come back. Heck there are still lifers coming back that are brand new to doing STF's. Offering something to the Lifetime Community that they are going to hit regardless is a Intelligent Business Move. It shines down on the Lifetime Perk Very nicely and gives a new and awesome reason For others to subscribe for it. GOLD MEMBERS (monthly subscribers) are not getting this Perk, Only Lifers Are, So they still have to earn the Veteran Rewards for Sticking with the game, the main perk of the Vet Rewards. But Lifers Already Paid that due with the nice chunk of change upfront. I paid 299 for mine, and play with this Sale to put my Alt account to lifetime, As well as my Wifes Account to lifetime. I was planning to do this anyway, But this now gives me more of a reason to.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Career Officer
# 2
10-09-2012, 01:29 PM
So they are finally just unlocking all the bonuses for us?

Awesomeness.

Its not like I can return/cancel/void the lifetime sub anyway lol
Career Officer
# 3
10-09-2012, 01:58 PM
So how many people, (including lifers) were posting in the forums that the Lifetime Subscription was no longer worth the price? This does put the value back into the Lifetime Sub, but left no bones for the original subscribers/Lifers... The should of at least left the Titles to actual subscription time played...
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
10-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
So how many people, (including lifers) were posting in the forums that the Lifetime Subscription was no longer worth the price? This does put the value back into the Lifetime Sub, but left no bones for the original subscribers/Lifers... The should of at least left the Titles to actual subscription time played...
It definitely added meat to the LTS. The value of all 1000 vet rewards (account wide) and the extra lts character slot that is added on top of gold make it work it.

It didn't lower the value of gold in itself, it just made it look weaker in comparison. I know of people who were gold from the start and switch to f2p after that will be missing out and anyone who is gold and is at the 700 day mark will feel a bit left out.

I'm almost at 700 days. I know if I weren't an lts I would feel a bit jealous that a new person will get the rewards first even though I have been there longer.

As an lts I have no problem with this because I would have gotten this anyway since I can't go silver.

Either way lts now has meat for new people but not for those at 700 days.
Rihannsu
# 5
10-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
For US $200.00 you get ALL of the veteran rewards including the new heavy destroyers on day one of your Lifetime subscription. This one stroke of the devs pen makes the LTS extremely worthwhile.

If you purchased an LTS at any point in time since they were first offered, you will receive access to all Veteran rewards up to and including the 1000 day, regardless of how long your LTS has been running.

Both of the above will happen after the maintenance period tomorrow morning.
Empire Veteran
# 6
10-09-2012, 03:13 PM
The only thing hurt by this move by Cryptic are the rather small e-peens of the wailing.
Rihannsu
# 7
10-09-2012, 03:33 PM
the way I see it, there are always people who complain about something, cryptic can't satisfy every single customer with every single decision.

Feds get a new ship, KDF players complain because they don't get one
KDF gets a new ship, Feds complain because they don't have something like it
Feds get a new mission, KDF complain because they don't have enough content
KDF gets a new mission Feds complain because they don't get to play it
Devs release faction neutral mission, Feds and KDF complain because it's not just for their side
New power released for PvE, PvPers complain that it's OP
Power nerfed for PvP, PvEers complain that it's now useless.
Golds get something, silvers complain they don't have it
silvers get something, golds complain because they want it all for themselves.

I could go on, it's a never ending cycle. Everyone needs to just calm down and accept that things can't be perfect, be glad that you got what you got when you got it.

I for one am glad to see this, lifetimers are already going to get all the vet rewards anyway, since they will be subbed for the life of the game, why not sweeten the pot by giving them their bonuses early.

For the record, I've been subbed since right before launch, if anything, this new deal only means I'll get the reward a few days early.

Last edited by f9thaceshigh; 10-09-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Career Officer
# 8
10-09-2012, 04:49 PM
This thread is a lot calmer than I expected. Of course, it's all lifers posting so far, and we've yet to hear from the regular Gold crowd. Still, the wisdom I've heard since I started playing was as such: Go LTS or stay Silver. Sticking with the $15/mo. means you would've paid about $585 to get to 1000 days (Gold membership sales could've lowered that). That's nuts. LTS is a better long term decision, and this is just rewarding those of us who made the obvious correct choice. Previously, I wasn't sure I was getting my money out of the LTS. Now I'm beyond sure. That was a darn good investment.
Career Officer
# 9
10-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Hi! I am a Gold Member of 300 days or so and i always hesitated to buy the Lifetime Sub.

Well, now i just did! I calculated the game needs to run for 13 more months to equal the price of normal monthly fee with the price of the LTS.

After having seen what happened to City Of Heroes, i am still a bit worried about MMOs and how fast they can suddenly be shut down.

But i took the risk today and i hope STO has at least 15 more months of life ahead so my money will not be wasted.

Long life STO!
Captain
# 10
10-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
the way I see it, there are always people who complain about something, cryptic can't satisfy every single customer with every single decision.

Feds get a new ship, KDF players complain because they don't get one
KDF gets a new ship, Feds complain because they don't have something like it
Feds get a new mission, KDF complain because they don't have enough content
KDF gets a new mission Feds complain because they don't get to play it
Devs release faction neutral mission, Feds and KDF complain because it's not just for their side
New power released for PvE, PvPers complain that it's OP
Power nerfed for PvP, PvEers complain that it's now useless.
Golds get something, silvers complain they don't have it
silvers get something, golds complain because they want it all for themselves.

I could go on, it's a never ending cycle. Everyone needs to just calm down and accept that things can't be perfect, be glad that you got what you got when you got it.

I for one am glad to see this, lifetimers are already going to get all the vet rewards anyway, since they will be subbed for the life of the game, why not sweeten the pot by giving them their bonuses early.

For the record, I've been subbed since right before launch, if anything, this new deal only means I'll get the reward a few days early.
Regarding your Fed-KDF complaints: The Federation players have zero room to complain. Really. The reason KDF players mostly complain is because the KDF is already behind in content and resources invested, and has been so since the start. . .so every time the devs give a shiny new toy to the Feddies, it pisses us KDF enthusiasts off, and rightfully so. Especially if that toy includes something that used to be KDF-exclusive (carriers, anyone?).

As for PvE vs. PvP, that's an issue with the game mechanics, and is kinda hard to work around.
Closed Thread