Lt. Commander
# 31
10-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Things like overhealing cannot really be accounted for on my side, since I have to work with the information that is in the combat log. This also means that I won't be able to analyse the decline of CPB/TachBeam since these abilities don't show up in the log.

The first preview chart shows average magnitudes over time (something like a ship equipped with one normalised copy of EPtS/ES/TSS/...). The situation will improve a bit towards non-BFI healing when we look closer at absolute healing numbers and start adding some things instead of averaging them.

I'll also be able to look at some data from premade matches prior to BFI/TT for comparison, although I'm afraid that the earliest data points I have (Dec 2010) won't be particularly meaningful since these are the super quick SW wins in the KT league. But I am confident that there will be some useful mid-2011 logs.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-13-2012, 01:36 AM
Incredible work so far Hilbert.
Career Officer
# 33
10-13-2012, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
It's no fun for a player that has worked hard to unlock a certain power or effect, to be told they cannot use it in a certain circumstance. It's a more user-friendly option to tune such effects such that turning them off is never a necessity.
*scratches head*
you mean like operational assets that only work in fleetbase missions?

*uhm*... yepp that happened
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-13-2012, 02:34 AM
Some EPtS charts are now available at http://hilbertguide.com/datamining/
Career Officer
# 35
10-13-2012, 02:38 AM
A 3 hour tour...

A 3 hour tour...

I guess that game was full of Odysseys running extends.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Starfleet Veteran
# 36
10-13-2012, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakehilbert View Post
I have parsed 10GB log data starting in Dec 11. (That's when I started logging everything.)

I intend to publish some in-depth analysis of the data at http://hilbertguide.com in the coming days/weeks.

The first part is now available: EPtS
These numbers imply that BFI doffs need a scaling down of their healing potential to about 20-30% of what it is now... quite impressive to have those measurements. Thanks for sharing them!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 37
10-13-2012, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
Things like overhealing cannot really be accounted for on my side, since I have to work with the information that is in the combat log. This also means that I won't be able to analyse the decline of CPB/TachBeam since these abilities don't show up in the log.

The first preview chart shows average magnitudes over time (something like a ship equipped with one normalised copy of EPtS/ES/TSS/...). The situation will improve a bit towards non-BFI healing when we look closer at absolute healing numbers and start adding some things instead of averaging them.

I'll also be able to look at some data from premade matches prior to BFI/TT for comparison, although I'm afraid that the earliest data points I have (Dec 2010) won't be particularly meaningful since these are the super quick SW wins in the KT league. But I am confident that there will be some useful mid-2011 logs.
Cheers for that. Fgured as much, unlike others i agree that BFI is a destinct issue, just thatthis chart is almost certianlly exagerating things.

p.s. is it me or is the quote button broke,
Rihannsu
# 38
10-13-2012, 03:57 AM
Boy would i love GEcko to come in here and comment on these numbers.

I guess we all just don't spec into the right counter skills, remember, there are always counters
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Banned
# 39
10-13-2012, 07:42 AM
Gecko would say something like:

"Urrrr herpaderp derp derp!" Translation as I am quite fluent in Stupid Speak: "I AM GECKO MY MATH IS NEVER WRONG! THIS IS ALL A LIE!"

Also Hilbert, repost your BFI #s too You deleted the link when you put up EPTS.

I hope you don't mind me inserting some #s here of my own. I'm working on doing weapon tooltip data correlation.

But in the mean time. Here is why brace for impact is broken.

at full aux, when you smash it, you end up with an 11k Shield heal.
To put this in perspective the best shield regen in the game (borg) at full shield power only regens a little less than 6k shields in that same time span.
ST3 at full consoles heals around 5k shields in every 15 with either Two copies of ST3 or 2 dev lab scientist.
Transfer Shield Strength 2 heals for around 4500 after 15 seconds on average at full aux.

Who seriously thought this was a good idea.

Last edited by ghostyandfrosty; 10-13-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Career Officer
# 40
10-13-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
It's no fun for a player that has worked hard to unlock a certain power or effect, to be told they cannot use it in a certain circumstance. It's a more user-friendly option to tune such effects such that turning them off is never a necessity.
I realize Accuracy is one... But what about Resilience-style PvP stats?