Lieutenant
When you reach Diplomatic Rank 4 (Ambassador), you are supposed to be able to claim an exchange officer from Jiro Sugahara in the Admiral's office on ESD. When I go to his store, the exchange officer tokens are blue (not red, like they would be if I didn't have one), but when I try to claim an officer, it says "You do not have room for that." I have 3 empty officer slots. What am I missing? I want my lizard!
Captain
# 2
04-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Try to beam down to SFC, and visit the cat that deals DuOff's... Ask him to update your diplo Commendation.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Lieutenant
Thanks for the answer. I talked to the cat and had my "Commendation Status" synchronized, or whatever the word was, but it didn't help. What a strange thing too - what is the point of that little exercise anyway - "updating your status" manually? (Rhetorical question; there can be no point) How would anyone ever learn that they should do this? (sorry - another rhetorical question. I'll stop now.)
Commander
# 4
04-06-2013, 03:59 PM
The problem may be that the "roster" on the right hand side is full. So pop a couple of the "boxed" BOffs you have into the mail and give it another go
Captain
# 5
04-07-2013, 01:20 AM
^^This.

You cannot claim an officer unless you've got a free slot in your bridge officer pool(stations tab) - much like how you cannot buy from vendors if your inventory is full.

It took me a bit to figure that out when it happened to me as well.
Lieutenant
# 6
04-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szerontzur View Post
^^This.

You cannot claim an officer unless you've got a free slot in your bridge officer pool(stations tab) - much like how you cannot buy from vendors if your inventory is full.

It took me a bit to figure that out when it happened to me as well.
You and oneandonlyrecce had it right. I had 12 candidates under the "stations" tab of character status. I assumed the officer would go to general inventory like they do in other cases when the candidate roster is full. But no. Not with this one. Thanks for the info.