Lieutenant
# 21
04-04-2013, 02:40 PM
What if I swap Gamma orionis (all 4 blocks) and pelia sector ? Will game count this two?
Career Officer
# 22
04-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syrdeth View Post
As a relatively new player (been playing for about three weeks), I can verify that you can do this as a low level player and you should be doing this, in addition to the other things you are doing, as often as you can. Was it a lot of credits? No. But hey, it's free credits just for flying around the galaxy.

The amount of sector blocks you will be sent to will be lower as a low level player, but, this also means you can complete it more than once during the event. As you level up, each time you take the mission, you will be sent to more and more sector blocks. Since you don't get the slipstream until Vice Admiral, you may not be able to complete it multiple times, but you will get more credits as a higher level player, too.
If you have a Borg Subtranswarp Engine (from the Task Force Omega missions) you can complete the entire Level 50 circuit twice within the allotted hour.
Captain
# 23
04-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Search the forums for past suggestions. There are some good ones!

You'll make the most EC when you've leveled up.

Besides the previous suggestions: Tour the Galaxy (gets ~ 1+ Million EC at Level 50, less at lower levels but some EC is more than what you h ave now!), etc...

What's made me the most EC is Crafting: hort samples (buy them later when your EC rich) to work up your Crafting experience. You'll eventually be able to make Rare/Very Rare Mark XI items that sell for millions of EC on the Exchange.

You'll need some Dilithium to by items to craft the Rare and Very Rare Mk XI items. (Besides Crafting, there are lots of things that Dilithium can buy that can be sold for EC.)

The DOff system brings in EC and Dilithium, some you might need to spend EC. You can pass on any assignments you don't want. Different Sectors will have different assignments. Contraband missions will result in 2000 Dilithium once you have 4 contraband items and turn them in to a Security officer at the center of ESD (see STOwiki.org)

Don't make it a job though!

Hope this helps.
Please add Exploration to Star Trek Online!
Are you sure it isn't time for a "colourful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
Star Trek Battles Channel - Play STO more like Star Trek with challenge, teamwork and FUN!
Captain
# 24
04-04-2013, 06:46 PM
OP, you can make steady income once you get up to captain and above (30+). There is one sure ways I have made millions of EC on each toon.

Grind fleet actions ... over and over. You will get tons of white, green, some blue and a of 1 or 2 "purple" pieces if you finish 1st or 2nd. Can easily make 100-200K an hour assuming you can do decent dps. I was able to do this with cruiser captain too. Just make sure to use all your buffs from doffs and your toon.

If you are Klingon, it is even easier because you get more loot and the reward for 2nd + 1st place is 2 pieces and 4 pieces of purple respectively. You just need to practice and get efficient with the mission. Good luck!
Captain
# 25
04-05-2013, 01:00 AM
Once you hit 50, Tau Dewa patrols will give you more loot than you'll know what to do with.. with a healthy helping of Romulan Marks on the side.
Commander
# 26
04-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Capt001,

You're getting alot of mixed messages from your respondents, most of it irrelevant. Let me clear things up for you.

- Duty officers are mainly to get reputation, not ec's. You'll spend more money for them than you'll ever get from them.
- Repetition, commonly referred to as Grinding is part of the game. If you want alot of anything, you have to do it whether you think it's fun or not. Thinking it's fun only makes it easier to keep doing.
- You don't need a fleet to make ec's, you do if you want to lose them on fleet projects. What you do need a fleet for is to get direct answers to questions like yours and have support on your journey, being supportive in return when you become able. Beware such fleets are a rarity, like the straightforward approach my friends and I have in our fleet.

Best ways to make ec:

1- Flat out the easiest way to make ec is go on farming missions from the foundry, pick up the drops and sell them to Lessa, the merchant at Earth Space Dock (esd) to the right of the Tailor. You have a daily foundry limit of over 20 items, equalling about 600k ec daily. Best of all, you need do only 1 to reach the limit.
2- Second best way is to go to Deep Space K-9 station in the Eta Eridani Block and get tutorial missions for PvP qeues, each giving over 10k ec and doable over as many times as you want.
3- Third best way is the indirect apprach. Gather dilithium from daily and PvE missions and convert it to Zen in the Dilithium exchange. Then go to the C-Store and purchase Master Keys. Head to any exchange with your keys and sell them for at least 1 million ec each or a little cheaper than the least expensive one available.

I can tell you more, such as which foundry mission is best, what other missions do well and some hidden ways longterm players like myself know about, but you are not a member of our fleet and some things are strictly for those in the know. No offence, but rather than give you the runaround with ineffective methods, I'd sooner have you know the truth for your longterm benefit, if you intend to stay and make a career in this game as I and my friends have. If not, won't make the least difference anyway. But if you do stay and want to learn more, you can contact me in-game at: xean@xtern1ty
Pleasant journeys!
Have game questions? Struggling with build help? Need a mission team? Ask the help channel!
/channel_join XTERN1TY
For game/build help & discussion, ISE/PvE/Story mission teaming, borg sector space/doff assignment/accolade notifications, & free T3-T5 starbase/holding invites.
Captain
# 27
04-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Every poster here has been correct so far and the advice has been great. But there is one issue. Yes, Doffing is not required. But one part sure makes life easier and has some worthwhile rewards.

Diplomacy.

It gives you access to Transwarp Drive locations and a cool Diplomatic uniform. Slip Stream and more transwarp destinations are a time saver. Time savers equal less time traveling, getting to resource building content quicker, and therefore more time actually doing stuff like flying your ship at warp plaid with your hair on fire shooting the deserving or on the ground getting mideval with the ground pounders.

Always do Diplomacy missions and Diplomacy/Marauder Doffing. Always.
Just say no to ARC
Captain
# 28
04-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tancrediiv View Post
Every poster here has been correct so far and the advice has been great. But there is one issue. Yes, Doffing is not required. But one part sure makes life easier and has some worthwhile rewards.

Diplomacy.

It gives you access to Transwarp Drive locations and a cool Diplomatic uniform. Slip Stream and more transwarp destinations are a time saver. Time savers equal less time traveling, getting to resource building content quicker, and therefore more time actually doing stuff like flying your ship at warp plaid with your hair on fire shooting the deserving or on the ground getting mideval with the ground pounders.

Always do Diplomacy missions and Diplomacy/Marauder Doffing. Always.
Agree. This type of assignments has the most rewards directly and indirectly.
Please add Exploration to Star Trek Online!
Are you sure it isn't time for a "colourful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
Star Trek Battles Channel - Play STO more like Star Trek with challenge, teamwork and FUN!
Captain
# 29
04-07-2013, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Duty officers are mainly to get reputation, not ec's. You'll spend more money for them than you'll ever get from them.
That's simply wrong. of course it isn't "mandatory" but you'll be wasting a huge scource of income. Even if you're only running a roster made up from the green and blue Doffs you get for free from Ferra/Stass every time you rank up commendation (and which you can't sell, nor downgrind) and you just take 5 minutes each time you're online, just starting whatever assignment is currently available it'll be enough to make nice sums of money.

Every nadorc you run is a plain 750k profit, every support success, Fed-side 50k profit, every support crit between 300k and 7.5 million (depending on faction and luck on the downgrinder), everytime you refresh academy recruiting at least 270k profit (average common doff prices, no crits, no uncommons or above), every KDF marauding mission between 50-150k in contraband. Get an efficient Saurian/Lethean Boff? 1 million in profit right there.

Doffing has definately the best ingame time to EC ratio.

@OP: I wouldn't be too concerned with making money while leveling. A lot of the stuff that's worthwhile doing to make money will only become profitable at higher levels. Additionally, most things you can spend EC on and use while leveling are going to be obsolete in a very short period of time, given the fast pace you level in.

At 40+, foundry grinders can become a nice scource of income as well. There are foundry farm missions where you just sit in space and shoot down hostile battleships, which in turn drop item you can vendor. A 15-minute run will usually net you 450k+ EC and ~500 dilithium. Only "downside" is that there is a limit on how many drops you can get from those missions per day and character.

Last edited by fraghul2000; 04-07-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Captain
# 30
04-07-2013, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraghul2000 View Post
every support success 50k profit (110k klingon side),
I would like to point out that this is not correct, as a Klingon support does not produce a refugee, merely a prisoner, which isn't really worth anything.