Career Officer
# 51
10-14-2012, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Well, we certainly have stuff planned past S7.

I'll give you a hint.
Season 8's title is "S8: We made it past season 7!"
My suggestion wo0uld be (CBS and everyone else permitting) to take on a subtitle and start over with Season 1.

The "Season" thing was always a wink at the IP.

I imagine any other MMO would have gone with Patch 1.1 through Patch 1.4, probably treated Season 5 as Patch 2.0 and we'd be coming up on 2.2.

Star Trek shows last 7 seasons, ideally. It looks to me like S7 sets up a lot of changes and S8 is going to be heavy when it comes to payoff and change.

I think it's a Cryptic tradition to use "Issue" and keep going on up in numbers but I think a numeric relaunch might actually do the game some good from a marketing standpoint.

Y'Know, "Star Trek: Online Gateways Season 1" or whatever.
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-14-2012, 04:50 AM
Quote:

I'll give you a hint.
Well its nice your optimistic about the games future growth.......i just hope for all our sakes the people holding the purse strings feel the same way.
Survivor of Remus
# 53
10-14-2012, 05:03 AM
Quote:

I'll give you a hint.
I thank you for this ?ber generic reply that tells us absolutely nothing......no offense.
Empire Veteran
# 54
10-14-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
A company whose entire business consists of exactly one thing, F2P MMOs, buys Cryptic and turns STO into an F2P, and you see that as indicating they have no interest in the game...

It would have been bizarre if they had left it a subscription-based game. They don't do those. The instant anybody heard PWE was thinking of buying Cryptic, the very first thing to cross their minds would have been "oh, that means all of Cryptic's games will be F2P".
I'd be interested in playing some of the other games cryptic has too except they dont have anything like the dilithium system on those others.
Career Officer
# 55
10-14-2012, 06:55 AM
Quote:

I'll give you a hint.
You forgot the working title: "S8: The Search For More Money!" :P
Commander
# 56
10-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
You forgot the working title: "S8: The Search For More Money!"
I thought it was, How we we snag some fast cash this time around?
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Career Officer
# 57
10-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I'd be interested in playing some of the other games cryptic has too except they dont have anything like the dilithium system on those others.
Actually, their only other current game, Champions Online, has something almost identical to it; Questionite.

It remains to be seen what Neverwinter will have, but it's not even in beta yet.

City of Heroes and City of Villains aren't Cryptic's anymore, they were sold to NCSoft years ago; plus they're shutting down in a month and a half.

So at this point, EVERY Cryptic game has a system like dilithium.
Career Officer
# 58
10-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Awesome, a glass half full..half empty thread.For the naysayers, here's a satisfying response. DOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!For the positive outlook folks,I am quite sure this game will be around for awhile, and even thoughI have only been here for eight months, I have seen alot of new missions, and polish being added.But for the" gotta have it! gotta have it yesterday!" crowd, it might be too slow.
Think a minute,Doff system-added.2800 series added to the Cardassian missions.The Vault added to the Romulan missions.Tholian missions added, Starbases added.Like the away team on the transporter pad visuals added to the mission beamdowns.That was alot of material added to the game in eight months.Ive been waiting for almost two years for a sequel, and apology to the dragon age series by bioware.
So I bet this game will be around for awhile yet.As long as it's here, I will play it.
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!