Career Officer
# 111
10-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskin67 View Post
He said the Ent-D got destroyed in the Archer system, not the Ent-C.

Yesterday's Enterprise took place entirely in the Archer System. The temporal vortex the Ent-C emerged from was linked to the Narendra system.

You never actually see Narendra 3 in Trek until Enterprise Season 2.

Not the first time, Alpha Centauri Sector block doesn't have Alpha Centauri system.

You know, the star charts book isn't even canon. Nothing outside what has been seen in the Live action productions (and some of TAS) is canon. But it is clear based on the layouts of some sectors that the STO team did base some areas based off where they are in the star charts.
It's got to be somewhat Official...

It's based on Official Information taken from the episodes and was put together by two guys who actually worked on the shows...

It's just my opinion, but it's as UN-Officially Official as something like this could be.

(granted it's not perfect, but considering all the continuity errors throughout all the shows, it's pretty darn good)
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 10-14-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Career Officer
# 112
10-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Oh, Didn't we?
Ah...

So we will have to assume for now, that the New Romulan home world is the Dewa System...?...

OK... I'll give ya that one.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Republic Veteran
# 113
10-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Which interestingly enough according to Their version ...

ISN'T ANYWHERE NEAR THE KLINGON EMPIRE...

I should have stated that They ...didn't move the ICONIA System"...

my bad.

All we know from TNG is it is in the Romulan Neutral Zone.

The same map shows Nimbus on the other side of Romulan space.

Maybe the iconians when they came back swapped Iconia with Nimbus using their super duper space magic.

Last edited by tuskin67; 10-14-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Career Officer
# 114
10-14-2012, 11:36 PM
I think that Nimbus and Iconia should be swapped before this new sector block goes to Holodeck. The only game mission that I recall which relates to Iconia is Taris. A Commander 8 Romulan story mission. The text need only be edited to refer the Tau Dewa Sector Block for that portion. Granted that would place Taris within the same block as the newer endgame content. But so what? At this point, it needn't matter so much that lower and higher level missions cross paths within a sector block. The same can be said for whatever content is being composed for the Nimbus system.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Ensign
# 115
10-15-2012, 02:27 AM
did anyone see the Acamar System. Does this mean we might get the Acamarian species in game next ?
Starfleet Veteran
# 116
10-15-2012, 07:43 AM
http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/w...1350084869.jpg

From this image, does anyone recognize the ship on the left, using tetryon weapons and power siphon? It's definitely not Tholian and doesn't look Hirogen, and I don't think any other current NPCs use tetryon weapons.
Republic Veteran
# 117
10-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
I think that Nimbus and Iconia should be swapped before this new sector block goes to Holodeck.
Why should they be switched? Just because a non-canon book said so?
Captain
# 118
10-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/w...1350084869.jpg

From this image, does anyone recognize the ship on the left, using tetryon weapons and power siphon? It's definitely not Tholian and doesn't look Hirogen, and I don't think any other current NPCs use tetryon weapons.
It looks vaguely Klingon. Maybe it's a player ship.

Or maybe even a future timeship?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Starfleet Veteran
# 119
10-15-2012, 08:40 AM
The nose does look vaguely like the Pengqu, in the Freudian sense, but it's flatter. And the one in the background (which has the same weapons at least, but end on with plasma fires its impossible to tell the details) doesn't appear to have wings. Its lines look like one of the playable Gorn ships, but it doesn't match any of them, and it's smaller. Much different than the Gorn NPC frigates, as well.
Career Officer
# 120
10-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskin67 View Post
Why should they be switched? Just because a non-canon book said so?
No. Because a soft-canon based computer game (STO) acknowledges a soft-canon book (Star Trek Star Charts) about hard canon starship travels as the foundation for it's game maps. I'm not going to claim the book is perfection. However, IMO, it's a decent place to start from.

There is further discussion regarding the maps in this thread. So I'm taking my cause over there.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link