Republic Veteran
# 31
10-12-2012, 09:39 PM
Nimbus III hmmmm....Idea for new emote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxk1BSQo8bg

Last edited by neoakiraii; 10-12-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Career Officer
# 32
10-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Strange that this New Romulus appears so far away from Iota Pavonis Sector Block (original Romulus was there). Not only has Sela vanished. But it appears that her seat of power on Rator III (Psi Velorum Sector Block) has been usurped. Donatra's alternate capital (see Path to 2409) on Achernar Prime never has been mapped for STO. Or might the Romulans have recently renamed Achernar Prime to New Romulus?
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Rihannsu
# 33
10-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Forgot this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Why is "New Romulus" in Klingon Territory?
Its on the Romulan side.

And the Romulan Star Empire capital is Nova Roma in Rator III, the Rator system happens to be on the Federation part of the Psi Velorum Sector Block so not only you are rather wrong about New Romulus but also your usual tirade about all thing Cryptic misses me the mark because not only New Romulus is just a Romulan world but also their actual Capital is on the wrong side of the Neutral Zone.

Oh psiameese, its not just the path that says it ... planet description also says it.

http://www.stowiki.org/Rator_System

I suppose they made Rator their new capital because of how similar it was to Romulus.

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 10-12-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Community Moderator
# 34
10-12-2012, 11:48 PM
So many famous trek locales. Let's hope they're used well
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Rihannsu
# 35
10-13-2012, 12:08 AM
finally a new sector block for my Klingon to conq.....explore.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 36
10-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Forgot this:

Its on the Romulan side.
Technically, but since Nimbus III is supposed to be on the Neutral Zone.

Khitomer was Romulan-occupied, but retaken by the Klingons, and Klingons were taking over Romulan Territory, well to me 2+2 =/= 4 with how Cryptic designed that map.

Are they now tossing away their own storyline now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
And the Romulan Star Empire capital is Nova Roma in Rator III, the Rator system happens to be on the Federation part of the Psi Velorum Sector Block so not only you are rather wrong about New Romulus but also your usual tirade about all thing Cryptic misses me the mark because not only New Romulus is just a Romulan world but also their actual Capital is on the wrong side of the Neutral Zone.
Rator was bad enough becoming the new Romulan Captial and on the edge of Federation space, but this "New Romulus" is even more stupid, being either in Klingon Territory or on the Edge of Klingon Territory (which they are currently not on friendly terms).

So I honestly like to know WTF the Devs are thinking. I doubt even the Pakleds would even do such a stupid thing in moving their capital on the edge of their border with factions they hated for centuries.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Captain
# 37
10-13-2012, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
So will the Regulus/Arcunis Arm Border now change into a "Arcunis Arm or Tau" prompt?
Someone at Cryptic : "oh s*&t , we forgot to do that ... " .
Any bets ?
Career Officer
# 38
10-13-2012, 12:38 AM
This all looks fantastic, but could we see the whole galaxy map to see how this even fits in? We know it's between Klingon & Romulan space and the Fed's touching it, but i'd like to see the whole picture, maybe even with the opportunity for you guys to tidy the Galaxy Map a bit? Right now it's less a map and more of a random patchwork of boxes that don't always make sense to newer players
Career Officer
# 39
10-13-2012, 01:16 AM
Timegated? You are still doing that after all the negative feedback about it?
*meh*

Just out of curiosity how many Reman XII Sets has The Vault Event spit out to players so far? You surely have statistics on that?
Because i rarely get to play that Event and when i do i get no data logs for it because 80% of the PUGs fail the mission itself.
I am unable to get Datalogs out of this Event at any decent rate, 1 Datalog per Hour is just not good enough if the Event just lasts one hour and if you have 11 Characters and are still working on the first Set after all this time, thats just no fun.

ok...
New Sector Block yay!

What about DOFF Assignments in that new Sector Block?
Anything special planned here?
Any new Chains or special flavored Assignments? Or at least just a pack of NEW Assignments, anything new to look forward too here?
Or will it just be more of the same old random assignments just to have something there?
OR worse will the UI just be empty, like in the Fleetbase Maps?

A new Sector Block without it's own DOff flavor would not feel complete to me.
I hope there is something epic planned here, not just another boring DOff Pack with new silly Pay 2 Win Active Roster Powers (thats the last thing i want to see right now).
Career Officer
# 40
10-13-2012, 01:22 AM
Well now this is marvelous news and made me chuckle too after reading all the whining naysayers predicting a quick cash grab and server close after the LTS changes. I hope all those doom mongers have now got their foot firmly in their mouth!

IMO there has NEVER been a better time to play STO, about time Chris brought STOKED back!