Career Officer
# 61
10-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Yes, from your Tier 5 Fleet Transwarp Gate.
I remember something about a shuttle taxi service.
Commander
# 62
10-13-2012, 11:44 AM
You're right about the whole shuttle part. They said that in addition to the new sector, there would also be a new fleet holding, an embassy. The shuttle is going to be taking us there from our fleet base, which is probably what that "interior" people were discovering during the early weeks of season 6. I smell a proper shuttlebay coming soon for both ships and starbases.
Starfleet Veteran
# 63
10-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta50024 View Post
You're right about the whole shuttle part. They said that in addition to the new sector, there would also be a new fleet holding, an embassy. The shuttle is going to be taking us there from our fleet base, which is probably what that "interior" people were discovering during the early weeks of season 6. I smell a proper shuttlebay coming soon for both ships and starbases.
It will probably act like Transwarp to Starbase does and send you back where you came from when you leave the system
Republic Veteran
# 64
10-13-2012, 12:12 PM
I hope that Khitomer is set up as a social zone where we can see the complex where the Original Khitomer Conference took place. Maybe even have a display to show the Khitomer Accords hard copy.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Starfleet Veteran
# 65
10-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
I hope that Khitomer is set up as a social zone where we can see the complex where the Original Khitomer Conference took place. Maybe even have a display to show the Khitomer Accords hard copy.
That would be nice, especially if there was another Khitomer Conference being held, which would install the third Khitomer Accords, and extend it to the Romulans.

Of course, given the war going on, the Iconian hostility and J'mpok as Chancellor, the story of STO would need to be progressed.
Career Officer
# 66
10-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
Wasn't the Khitomer colony destroyed (only two survivors, one being Worf) by a Romulan attack and then the planet and system annexed by the Romulan Star Empire? http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Khitomer and http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Khitomer_Massacre

I have a feeling that the first target that an invading Romulan orbital bombardment would have hit, would have been the revered site of the signing of the Klingon/Federation peace treaty.

Of course, according to Voyager, an obelisk was supposedly erected there, memorializing the dead, but erected by whom is an interesting question, since the colonists who did survive were moved to another planet, and there's no canon mention of Khitomer being retaken by or returned to the Klingon Empire. Perhaps the Romulans felt bad about it later... they're big on Obelisks.

In the STO timeline, Khitomer was apparently snagged back by the Klingons during that whole Shinzon business that never happened. Maybe in the decades since, the Klingons rebuilt the site of Camp Khitomer, but given their present stance with the Federation, I doubt that they'd bother.
Username: PodSix
Fleet: None

Last edited by podsix; 10-13-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 67
10-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
Timegated? You are still doing that after all the negative feedback about it?
I'm not seeing any mention of anything time gated in the blog

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 68
10-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I'm not seeing any mention of anything time gated in the blog

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
It mentioned extra rewards if played in a calendar event, and I think people misread it and thought that it could ONLY be done in that time zone. Simple misunderstanding.
All Good Things Must Come On Tuesday. (it's a liiiink!)

Musings of a Mad Man; Or, What This Game Could Fix

<--Click for how to get one of these.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 69
10-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
It mentioned extra rewards if played in a calendar event, and I think people misread it and thought that it could ONLY be done in that time zone. Simple misunderstanding.
Ah, okay. Bonus rewards here are like the Fleet Mark event, STF days, etc. Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 70
10-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by podsix View Post
Wasn't the Khitomer colony destroyed (only two survivors, one being Worf) by a Romulan attack and then the planet and system annexed by the Romulan Star Empire? http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Khitomer and http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Khitomer_Massacre

I have a feeling that the first target that an invading Romulan orbital bombardment would have hit, would have been the revered site of the signing of the Klingon/Federation peace treaty.

Of course, according to Voyager, an obelisk was supposedly erected there, memorializing the dead, but erected by whom is an interesting question, since the colonists who did survive were moved to another planet, and there's no canon mention of Khitomer being retaken by or returned to the Klingon Empire. Perhaps the Romulans felt bad about it later... they're big on Obelisks.

In the STO timeline, Khitomer was apparently snagged back by the Klingons during that whole Shinzon business that never happened. Maybe in the decades since, the Klingons rebuilt the site of Camp Khitomer, but given their present stance with the Federation, I doubt that they'd bother.
I'd hate for it to be "just nuked" because it's an iconic location, one of those places that's burned into your brain.

I'd much rather see it torn up and covered in vines, debris, phaser burns, and skeletons.

Turn it into a PvP map or a haunted house-type 5 man.

I'd rather have that than treat it as "totally nuked."