Rihannsu
# 81
10-13-2012, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
You do get 480 Dil when the event's not running, per run If during the event, the Datalogs replace the Dil instead
Problem here is that nobody plays vault outside the hourly event. So by a technicality you are limited with this one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
Career Officer
# 82
10-13-2012, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Lol, Tau Camel (Dewa is similar to Deva, which is the Croatian word for "Camel")? 1 hump or 2 humps?
No Humps... Just a few Toes... <chuckle>

They forgot to add the ICONIA System...

Which should be above the Archer System and some where to the right of the Nequencia System.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Career Officer
# 83
10-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawgenigma View Post
Problem here is that nobody plays vault outside the hourly event. So by a technicality you are limited with this one.
The Reman Mk XII set isn't good enough to gate as hard as they gated it, IMHO. It seems like a cloaking, plasma torpedo boat set.

So... Ah... Mainly good for KDF and Galaxy-X and even then not with the preferred builds.
Captain
# 84
10-14-2012, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dareau View Post
Didn't I once see that PWE wanted STO "Aisan-ized" to attempt to make money off both the western (US) and Eastern markets?
Frankly, I think it's entirely possible that this entire idea of 'Asianifying' the game could be anywhere on the spectrum from 'totally true' to 'totally made-up.' While it's undoubted that PWE has had at least SOME influence, I also think it's entirely possible that PWE doesn't really CARE all that much so long as Cryptic brings home the bacon, and possibly follows some mandates from on high, e.g. helping with R&D, and possibly putting lockboxes in.

Something that needs to be kept in mind is that PWE will do with Cryptic whatever PWE thinks will boost its bottom line. It's not trying to float an ideology, really. If it's "dictate their every move," they'll do that. If it's "who cares so long as we see the green," they'll do that, too. Though IMO they are PROBABLY smart enough to know a completely Asian model simply won't work in North America, and Cryptic's stuff is almost entirely geared towards a Western audience. If this company was willing to throw millions and millions of dollars to try to get a foothold in North America, they probably did at least a little research on the issue. That said, I could be completely wrong, save for the fact that PWE is more interested in whatever will make it more money than anything else.
Starfleet Veteran
# 85
10-14-2012, 03:59 AM
Please change the name of the sector - "Tau Dewa" wtf is that? Need something friendlier/commercial?

Give it a better name or better still ask the community for one

Last edited by somedudez; 10-14-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Career Officer
# 86
10-14-2012, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedudez View Post
Please change the name of the sector "Tau Dewa" wtf is that?

Give it better name or better still ask the community for one
Necron Dewa?
Career Officer
# 87
10-14-2012, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I wouldn't consider bonus rewards timegating, no. If the missions themselves were only available at certain times, then yes.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Well, "The Vault" could as well be completely timegated, since the Data Logs ONLY drop while the event is live, for that one hour.
With the quality of Pugs at the moment, and the increased difficulty, i get, if i'm lucky, one Datalog per Event.
-> getting 90 of those for the XII Set? ...for more than one character?

That makes the random STF Mk XII Tech drops odds look more reliable than ever getting a Reman XII Set.

Last edited by zerobang; 10-14-2012 at 04:29 AM.
Career Officer
# 88
10-14-2012, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Please change the name of the sector - "Tau Dewa" wtf is that? Need something friendlier/commercial?

If ya check out the Star Trek Maps, there is actually a Dewa System located in that area...

To bad They Didn't Actually Include It, in the new Zone.

Personally I would have picked Zeta Pictoris, it's a more prominant system on the maps.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 10-14-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Captain
# 89
10-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:

How is "Tau Dewa" any worse than "Iota Pavonis", "Psi Velorum", "Pi Canis", "Omega Leonis", "Eta Eridani", "Zeta Andromedae", "Beta Ursae", "Alpha Trianguli" or "Gamma Orionis"?
Survivor of Romulus
# 90
10-14-2012, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red01999 View Post
Though IMO they are PROBABLY smart enough to know a completely Asian model simply won't work in North America, and Cryptic's stuff is almost entirely geared towards a Western audience.
Well, while PWE would only have to look at NCSoft to see how "well" that kind of customer shoe-horning works, Cryptic has established a track record of selling themselves to such markets. PWE may not be quite the "grind til your eyes bleed" mentality, but they're obviously more than willing to nickel-and-dime a game away.
I was someone else here til the forum/account transition lied
and told me that my original name was taken.