Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Career Officer
Hello,

as you all probably know the Fleet Norgh BoP is...well it exists but appearently it does not seem to fill any particular function.
It lacks firepower, it lacks hull and it lacks a 10th console slot.

IMO the Fleet Norgh as it s set up right now seems to be designed as some kind of support similar to the Vo'quv (in fact it can replicate the Vo'quv's setup) but without the ability to survive a hit.

So here's my proposal:

Cryptc, if this ship actually supposed to support others remove the Lt. and add another 10k to the hull, giving us a ship with 26,500 HP and a 4th science console so the ship can actually support someone.
This way it could be used by science captains without resorting to either a moving starbase or a ship that's not designed by Klingons.

Would that make some kind of sense?
Career Officer
# 2
10-11-2012, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Hello,

as you all probably know the Fleet Norgh BoP is...well it exists but appearently it does not seem to fill any particular function.
It lacks firepower, it lacks hull and it lacks a 10th console slot.

IMO the Fleet Norgh as it s set up right now seems to be designed as some kind of support similar to the Vo'quv (in fact it can replicate the Vo'quv's setup) but without the ability to survive a hit.

So here's my proposal:

Cryptc, if this ship actually supposed to support others remove the Lt. and add another 10k to the hull, giving us a ship with 26,500 HP and a 4th science console so the ship can actually support someone.
This way it could be used by science captains without resorting to either a moving starbase or a ship that's not designed by Klingons.

Would that make some kind of sense?
Sounds sexy to me
Republic Veteran
# 3
10-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Sounds like a good idea - any benefit to the flying coffin BoP would be welcome.
Might I also suggest an aux+15 power bonus instead of weapons power if it's going to be a support oriented bop?

Zenith Nader - R.R.W. Nader4President - Tactical Rom KDF
Hei Qin - I.K.S. Apex Revenant -Tactical KDF
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-13-2012, 12:21 PM
ghuy'cha'!
DON'T YOU DARE!

The Fleet Ning'tao has a perfect BOff-layout for a Sci-BoP with those dual LCdr uni slots!

For a Sci-bird, BOff slots are a lot more important than either consoles or hull/shield - each slot converts directly to utilty. Well, at least if you want it do deal some respectable damage, too, and have room for the usual abilities that'd keep you alive by healing your hull and shield.

Yes, it's a pretty squishy bird. But by trading in BOff slots or weapon power, you'd actually GIMP it!

If you don't know what to do with this one, then simply leave it alone. Just be assured that it is far from useless, just very squishy.
I'd not mind it being less squishy - but not at the price of you yInthagh trading away its potential.
Career Officer
# 5
10-14-2012, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flekh View Post
ghuy'cha'!
DON'T YOU DARE!

The Fleet Ning'tao has a perfect BOff-layout for a Sci-BoP with those dual LCdr uni slots!

For a Sci-bird, BOff slots are a lot more important than either consoles or hull/shield - each slot converts directly to utilty. Well, at least if you want it do deal some respectable damage, too, and have room for the usual abilities that'd keep you alive by healing your hull and shield.

Yes, it's a pretty squishy bird. But by trading in BOff slots or weapon power, you'd actually GIMP it!

If you don't know what to do with this one, then simply leave it alone. Just be assured that it is far from useless, just very squishy.
I'd not mind it being less squishy - but not at the price of you yInthagh trading away its potential.
Interesting that you start your contribution with name-calling.

Where were the likes of you when I kept asking in these forums how useful it was and how to use it properly?
Nowhere.
The only feedback I kept getting from a handful of people was that it turned out to be too fragile for a fleet ship and without enoguh damage potential.

Again, where were you in threads like this:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=370031

where was your feedback?
Nowhere.

Now that there's a discussion about actually changing it you come in basically telling us were're all too dumb.
But you don't provide anything beyond that except name-calling.

Classy.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-14-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Interesting that you start your contribution with name-calling.

Where were the likes of you when I kept asking in these forums how useful it was and how to use it properly?
Nowhere.
The only feedback I kept getting from a handful of people was that it turned out to be too fragile for a fleet ship and without enoguh damage potential.

Again, where were you in threads like this:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=370031

where was your feedback?
Nowhere.

Now that there's a discussion about actually changing it you come in basically telling us were're all too dumb.
But you don't provide anything beyond that except name-calling.

Classy.
Get your klingon freshed up.
I started with a general, non-targeted expletive, not with name-calling.

And no, I'm not monitoring every single thread on these forums. Do you?

As for giving you no reason: I did tell you it's the BOff layout. You can't be too blind to see that it has an additional LCdr universal slot beyond every other BoP, 12 total BOff slots instead of 11.
And if you ever tried to build a Sci-BoP, you'd have noticed that BOff slots are the most limiting issue, having you make sacrifices in either basic survivability (EPtS/TT/TSS/HE ...), weapon usage (cannon abilites, attack patterns) or Sci-utility (the actual reason to build a Sci-Bop in the first place).
That additional LCdr uni slot helps quite a bit towards that goal.
The BOff layout is the ONE, single redeeming feature of this squishy bird, its sole reason for existence.
That should be pretty plain to see.

The squishyness is a problem. I can't deny THAT.
But the ideas you guys come up with are a total mess.
Gimping the BOff layout would make it useless.
Gimping the weapon power would take away its capabilities to be useful in PvE (I never know if crying or cursing is the proper response if I see another Sci'ish ship deal shuttle-dps in an eSTF ... such a fail ...).

And if you can't see what this bird's advantage is (the extra, high-level BOff slot), or have no clue just how good a Sci'ish ship with weapon power bonus is ... then yes, yInthagh is excactly the proper thing to call you.