Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 363
Since it is highly unlikely to be exploited or game breaking, it just amazes me that something like the Doff missions and the Fleet advancement missions have not been turned into a cell phone game Cryptic could sell as an additional revenue stream at $2.99 a piece. What is the hold up? Also, the option to show off your Captain's log and the status of your made characters should be back on the site already.

What is taking so long on such obvious projects?!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,603
# 2
10-13-2012, 10:46 AM
In 3 years they havn't even made a Mac port...

Seriously... Do you really belive that cryptic is gonna make a mobile version?
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,659
# 3
10-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
In 3 years they havn't even made a Mac port...

Seriously... Do you really belive that cryptic is gonna make a mobile version?
Well, since Dan Stahl said in an interview they're already writing it, yeah, it seems likely they're going to continue doing so.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=302431
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 363
# 4
10-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Sorry, forgot there is no Mac version, so I guess I should not hold my breathe? I wonder how much it would cost me to make one of my own and then license it from CBS/PWE.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Well, since Dan Stahl said in an interview they're already writing it, yeah, it seems likely they're going to continue doing so.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=302431
I totally forgot about that. Thanks man.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 5
10-13-2012, 01:25 PM
I swear I feel like one of you has bugged my desk at work lol

We'll have information on the STO Gateway (working title) in an upcoming Season 7 Dev Blog. I will say that, in its initial Beta release, it won't have access to the DOFF system, but it is a goal of ours with it. The initial features are pretty cool, though, and it can only grow from here. I squeed when I first saw it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 828
# 6
10-13-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I swear I feel like one of you has bugged my desk at work lol

We'll have information on the STO Gateway (working title) in an upcoming Season 7 Dev Blog. I will say that, in its initial Beta release, it won't have access to the DOFF system, but it is a goal of ours with it. The initial features are pretty cool, though, and it can only grow from here. I squeed when I first saw it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
But... but... DOff from Phone... That's like issuing orders from your PADD...
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,506
# 7
10-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I swear I feel like one of you has bugged my desk at work lol

We'll have information on the STO Gateway (working title) in an upcoming Season 7 Dev Blog. I will say that, in its initial Beta release, it won't have access to the DOFF system, but it is a goal of ours with it. The initial features are pretty cool, though, and it can only grow from here. I squeed when I first saw it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Unghhh want it now!!!!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,038
# 8
10-13-2012, 01:32 PM
How about a first step: making these forums less annoying to read on an android?

I'd like that prior to my Zen app.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,603
# 9
10-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Well, since Dan Stahl said in an interview they're already writing it, yeah, it seems likely they're going to continue doing so.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=302431
Yes, I am aware that you like to bash everything I say... Wouldn it be easier to just add it to your signature?

Cryptic has said a dozen times that they are writing something... They even said once that they were working on a Mac solution... Nothing happend...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,506
# 10
10-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Yes, I am aware that you like to bash everything I say... Wouldn it be easier to just add it to your signature?

Cryptic has said a dozen times that they are writing something... They even said once that they were working on a Mac solution... Nothing happend...
heh well if branflakes is comfortable enough talking about an upcoming post featuring it then I'm pretty sure it's coming up
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:16 PM.