Ensign
# 11
10-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Sector space as it is now is absurd.

Feels small, cramped, and nothing at all like you're in space. Space travel should not feel like you're moving between those level dots in Super Mario World.

I suggest the Devs load up Homeworld/Homeworld 2 for an idea of what being in space should feel like.

And I still get incredibly frustrated when I'm trying to manouver and I hit the invisible Y axis wall. They might as well colour the "bottom" of space blue and put propellers on our Space Ships / Aeroplanes / Boats.

Sorry, slightly off topic there.

But there should be an option to access helm control from your bridge, select a sector/system and then plot a course with a timer saying how long it would take (5 minutes or something). If you leave your ship before then, you reappear where you started, otherwise you pop out into sector space view nearby the system selected.
Captain
# 12
10-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
3 things bother me about sector space

1. Not being able to pilot from the bridge
It's been stated quite clearly, time and time again, that STO treats your ground toon and starship as the same character, simply swapping appearances as needed. Therefore, when you move from space to ground or vice versa, your last position is simply "forgotten".

To fly from the bridge would require a complete fundamental rewrite of how the game treats toons and ships, which simply isn't going to happen.

You're just going to have to settle with Bridge Commander.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Career Officer
# 13
10-14-2012, 04:35 AM
if i am honest as much as i would like to fly from the bridge its not my main bother with sector space i just want it bigger much much bigger
Ketan Merious
Captain, U.S.S Transcendent
Explorers Fleet, Senior Member
We want an Odyssey variant give us it
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
10-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
One of the things I've noticed about the sector block maps in the game is how cluttered they are. Text overlaps text and generally it can be hard (especially in the KDF home sector block) to see individual systems.

I think there is a simple way to stop this being an issue: Remove the text "system". So "Qo'nos System" would just be "Qo'nos", "Beytan System" would just be "Beytan" and so on.

The text "system" does nothing but clutter the map - no additional information is conveyed.

What do you guys think?
use your zoom.