Career Officer
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 173
# 1 Plasmatic Biomatter Torpedo
05-03-2015, 12:26 AM
I'm tempted to add this to my current plasma weapon build given that unlike other plasma torps it will get the benefit of my plasma tac consoles as I understand it, but before I look to invest Lobi in it I'd be keen to hear from anyone who has one whether it's worth getting or not.

Thanks.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 332
# 2
05-06-2015, 12:35 AM
Don't have it, but from reading the tooltip, it fires destructible torpedo's. That means they're slow, and can be shot down. Dunno if that matters to you, but it does to me given the amount of spam and rapid destruction of npc's. Which is why I passed on it.
Don't fall for the fake advertising: Guild Wars 2 contains more grind than most MMO's on the market today, not less.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 509
# 3
05-06-2015, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steaen View Post
I'm tempted to add this to my current plasma weapon build given that unlike other plasma torps it will get the benefit of my plasma tac consoles as I understand it, but before I look to invest Lobi in it I'd be keen to hear from anyone who has one whether it's worth getting or not.

Thanks.
I like it, but it does get shot down alot. But it's a nice burst damage with no base kinetic reduction to damage when it hits shields. Since it's in fact plasma damage.

In plasma builds it is quite good I replace my hyper romulan with it, and have seen a dps increase.
Career Officer
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 173
# 4
05-07-2015, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptkeeper0 View Post
I like it, but it does get shot down alot. But it's a nice burst damage with no base kinetic reduction to damage when it hits shields. Since it's in fact plasma damage.

In plasma builds it is quite good I replace my hyper romulan with it, and have seen a dps increase.
Thanks.

I decided to take the plunge with it and in fact did the same as you in replacing my Rommie Hyper-Plasma with it, and am pretty pleased with the results so far.

I'm not really one for measuring or taking immense interest in my DPS (I think it's generally somewhere about 11k, but whatever), but there seems to be a noticeable improvement in effectiveness with the new torp installed.
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 421
# 5
05-08-2015, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steaen View Post
Thanks.

I decided to take the plunge with it and in fact did the same as you in replacing my Rommie Hyper-Plasma with it, and am pretty pleased with the results so far.

I'm not really one for measuring or taking immense interest in my DPS (I think it's generally somewhere about 11k, but whatever), but there seems to be a noticeable improvement in effectiveness with the new torp installed.
Treat it like the AP torpedo (assuming the code has been copied from it). If so, it'll also be boosted by Capt. skills in projectile weapons.
@Odenknight | Captain of the U.S.S. Challenger | "Remember The Seven"
Fleet Defiant Torpedo Starship
A good weapon and a great strategy will win you many battles. - Marshall
I knew playing a torpedo ship was playing the game on hard mode, but what I didn't realize was how bad the deck was stacked against kinetics.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 332
# 6
05-10-2015, 05:43 AM
Is its speed also boosted by the romulan set?

UPDATE:
Did some testing, and if it is affected, then it hardly shows. It's still waaaay to slow for my tastes anyway. I was hoping for a speed somewhere near undestructible torpedo's.
Don't fall for the fake advertising: Guild Wars 2 contains more grind than most MMO's on the market today, not less.

Last edited by thibash; 05-10-2015 at 07:26 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 133
# 7
05-10-2015, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thibash View Post
Is its speed also boosted by the romulan set?

UPDATE:
Did some testing, and if it is affected, then it hardly shows. It's still waaaay to slow for my tastes anyway. I was hoping for a speed somewhere near undestructible torpedo's.
I thought the speed boost on the set was neglible anyway?

The defense boost is somewhat noticeable, but if your accuracy is around +40%, you'll still hit the torpedo every time.

I thought most people got the set for the cool green Tron shield appearance and the bonus to Partgens.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:08 AM.