Career Officer
Okay, I think there is excessive complaining about the changes to vet rewards.

But I was thinking back to dilithium conversion and how they released those veteran Bridge Officers with unique traits, which was a lot of work that none of us got to see.

So here's a thought: there's no rolling back the vet rewards that went out today.

But what if they made it so that players got one of those tradeable Veteran BOffs every 100 days and this was an extra.

They're already made. They're already something you get a spendable token for.

Just issue one of those tokens every 100 days from here on out and do it retroactively.

That's a way Cryptic could say they feel the temperature of the room and could be one benefit that goes on past 1000 days. No extra cost. Just another veteran BO token every 100 days. If you don't want it, you can sell it.
Commander
# 2
10-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Dig the concept you're coming from, but my only dear is that in well depending on how BOff slots one has, a crew might become a bit powerful..though actually it's the gear and weps that make the Boff.

And assuming that there will be obvious amount of different species again from the Boff pool.

Also: not to try to throw this off too much or anything, but maybe have the player buffs acknowledge / update to 1000 days instead of 700.
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.

Last edited by xenor002; 10-10-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Considering boffs don't take part in PVP, and currently swap out for players in PVE (apparently they'll actually be in the new open PVE zone for S7, but we don't know if the mechanics there are identical to Deferi/Nukara yet or something new), I don't think the potential of away team power getting carried away is really a problem.
Career Officer
# 4
10-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenor002 View Post
Dig the concept you're coming from, but my only dear is that in well depending on how BOff slots one has, a crew might become a bit powerful..though actually it's the gear and weps that make the Boff.

And assuming that there will be obvious amount of different species again from the Boff pool.
If you don't have the slots, you can make room, buy more slots, or sell your vet BOffs. They were designed to ease player pain with a big transition. Might as well issue them TO vets, whether the vets want to use or sell them... And maybe hand out more tokens for good bug testing or as token compensation for bugs, issues, and even attending community events, in person or the online kind Brandon organizes.

Sure, there'd be more than you can use but you can always sell the excess.
Commander
# 5
10-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
If you don't have the slots, you can make room, buy more slots, or sell your vet BOffs. They were designed to ease player pain with a big transition. Might as well issue them TO vets, whether the vets want to use or sell them... And maybe hand out more tokens for good bug testing or as token compensation for bugs, issues, and even attending community events, in person or the online kind Brandon organizes.

Sure, there'd be more than you can use but you can always sell the excess.
Oh I know you can buy slots (I did so a looooooooooong time ago on my main).

Hmm I haven't sen one of those event with Brandon in some time (thougj I admit my university has been keeping me busy ).
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Career Officer
# 6
10-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenor002 View Post
Oh I know you can buy slots (I did so a looooooooooong time ago on my main).

Hmm I haven't sen one of those event with Brandon in some time (thougj I admit my university has been keeping me busy ).
Look at it this way, it would be an item I bet you could sell on the exchange for 10 million EC or more every 100 days. Maybe 20 or 30 million.

And it creates value without Cryptic creating anything new. The BOff exist. The tokens exist. It would just be a matter of issuing more than the handful they gave out to players who lost out in the dilithium conversion.
Commander
# 7
10-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Look at it this way, it would be an item I bet you could sell on the exchange for 10 million EC or more every 100 days. Maybe 20 or 30 million.

And it creates value without Cryptic creating anything new. The BOff exist. The tokens exist. It would just be a matter of issuing more than the handful they gave out to players who lost out in the dilithium conversion.
Oh I knew what you meant haha.
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
Captain
# 8
10-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:

I like it. I've wanted a few of them myself.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 9
10-10-2012, 05:31 PM
I still havent even used myn, it still sits in my inventory lol.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Captain
# 10
10-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlocutusofborgx View Post
I still havent even used myn, it still sits in my inventory lol.
I can has?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.