Republic Veteran
# 41
10-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Thank you for that tidbit of encouragement. These types of comments totally inspire me to keep making content for all the lovely and friendly players like you.

who cares about people like him, if you like it do it.

Lt. Commander
# 42
10-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Thank you for that tidbit of encouragement. These types of comments totally inspire me to keep making content for all the lovely and friendly players like you.
The only reason that comment would dampen your enthusiasm is if you actually believed that commanderkassy speaks for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 43
10-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Aw, kirkplat, she was talking about your missions. She was talking about that knucklehead Kirkfat.
This is not as good as it used to be...
Empire Veteran
# 44
10-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Hence the Juicey LTS sale/offer currently under way - it will lock a heck of a lot of players in no matter what intentions/changes are planned.
Oh well the game may close down in 2 or 3 years from today now. Pay to win games aren't popular and tend to get bad advertisement on the internet. As soon as you see those words repetedly on the forums you know for sure the game is doomed if nothing changes quickly. That's a hard fact, it happened to many other games. Once people start to get fed up with that way to monetize the game (OP ships, 'I win' ground equipment, special consoles), they'll leave.

Many of my fleetmates started to leave for the reasons I mentionned, they're back from time to time, but their STO time is... over. There's no passion anymore and they probably won't come back. One of them was a huge pvp fan, he got sick of pay to win ships, the other one is a LTS, and there are many others. So, yes, LTS and long-term players can and do leave if the game gets bad. The IP can't save a game if people consider it's taking the wrong way.

No one is trapped, a LTS means nothing, why should we play a game where the biggest wallet wins without any sense of fair play and competition? Bad monetization design make people quit, nothing can prevent that.

Last edited by diogene0; 10-14-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Captain
# 45
10-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Oh well the game may close down in 2 or 3 years from today now. Pay to win games aren't popular and tend to get bad advertisement on the internet. As soon as you see those words repetedly on the forums you know for sure the game is doomed if nothing changes quickly. That's a hard fact, it happened to many other games. Once people start to get fed up with that way to monetize the game (OP ships, 'I win' ground equipment, special consoles), they'll leave.

Many of my fleetmates started to leave for the reasons I mentionned, they're back from time to time, but their STO time is... over. There's no passion anymore and they probably won't come back. One of them was a huge pvp fan, he got sick of pay to win ships, the other one is a LTS, and there are many others. So, yes, LTS and long-term players can and do leave if the game gets bad. The IP can't save a game if people consider it's taking the wrong way.

No one is trapped, a LTS means nothing, why should we play a game where the biggest wallet wins without any sense of fair play and competition? Bad monetization design make people quit, nothing can prevent that.
I was not suggesting that LTS would not quit, I was just putting forth the idea that many of the people who buy the sale won't leave for awhile if Cryptic brings down the Dilth nerf hammer next month. Hence the sale generates a big 1 time boon to keep things going a little longer and makes many more players "feel" locked in for the time being once the changes take place.

Besides don't you think that a player who has multiple alts and runs them all would not be jumping at the LTS which makes creating and maintaining there alt hord easier. So they think they got away with murder and can continue to farm dilth away on all their alts - with their new LTS - then Cryptic pulls the rug out on quick dilth grinding - bam!! - gotcha!

Or is this just my crazy thoughts and Cryptic would not have this in mind?
Captain
# 46
10-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Don't listen to him. Some people (e.g. me) are very glad the Foundry is there and have played some great missions on it. Unfortunately a lot of people come to MMOs to essentially get "carrots," as the predominant metaphor goes. Unless they get a "goodie" they don't see it as a worthwhile activity - the "get stuff" part of their brain is, apparently, what is tickled with an MMO. On the other hand, others find the game enjoyable in and of itself.

For various reasons I have not been able to do much Foundry stuff lately, but I look forward to being able to engage the missions more frequently in the near future.
Community Moderator
# 47
10-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Because Cryptic has ruined everything with the Dilithium system in that some people are being forced to console click, because they don't want to spend all their casual time doing nothing but Dilithium grind to buy new equipment from the in-game stores.
"They don't want" and "are being forced" are mutually exclusive. If you make a choice, you own the consequences.

You can CHOOSE not to console click. There are a number of avenues available to you to avoid it. It would be in your best interest to familiarize yourself with them, because the console clicks will be going away at some point.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Captain
# 48
10-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
the console clicks will be going away at some point.
I'm not sure we've had an official dev statement on that. Have we?
Lt. Commander
# 49
10-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
...because the console clicks will be going away at some point.
I hope so, but there has been absolutely no official statement even suggesting that.

Last edited by thetruthurts; 10-14-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 50
10-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Besides don't you think that a player who has multiple alts and runs them all would not be jumping at the LTS which makes creating and maintaining there alt hord easier. So they think they got away with murder and can continue to farm dilth away on all their alts - with their new LTS - then Cryptic pulls the rug out on quick dilth grinding - bam!! - gotcha!

Or is this just my crazy thoughts and Cryptic would not have this in mind?
But why would you need dilithium since credits will get you the best pay to win items? It's far easier to make 5-6M a day without much work. And you can do that without maintaining dozens of alts. One char is enough.

Of course a dil nerf will affect most players since it will be harder to get the most basic pay to win stuff from the c-store but as an advanced player with some knowledge about the game you shouldn't be affected by such a change. Unless of course the omega fleet eats all our dil in season 7.
Closed Thread