Commander
# 51
10-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
The primary way they intend to do this is to remove the quickie "investgate officer daily reports" - you will still be able to do them just they will remove the capacity to go to a panel and do all 3 in just a minute or 2.
So they're just closing off an exploit then?

The HORROR!
Captain
# 52
10-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthurts View Post
I hope so, but there has been absolutely no official statement even suggesting that.
I'd like to see the bear market movements from any announcement like that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Captain
# 53
10-14-2012, 04:24 PM
If they're taking out an exploit, the folks who use it can't cry foul without being... well, er,

It's like screaming at the convenience store clerk for installing anti-theft devices so that you can't continue to steal candy bars.

Are you console clickers really going to scream at the cashier?
Starfleet Veteran
# 54
10-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthurts View Post
If you dont care how long it takes, then you wont mind it taking you longer after they fix this exploit
Considering I don't use the foundry at all, let alone for farming...yeah. Reading comprehension, get some.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Captain
# 55
10-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
"They don't want" and "are being forced" are mutually exclusive. If you make a choice, you own the consequences.

You can CHOOSE not to console click. There are a number of avenues available to you to avoid it. It would be in your best interest to familiarize yourself with them, because the console clicks will be going away at some point.
Eveeryone who has their ear to the ground so to speak knows it's coming. And it may not be the only one. But you have at least until the LTS sale is done and most likely until Season 7 launches - which could be the same week - to click away.

Bottom line is that over the next little while Cryptic is going to throw down the soap and if you want to keep playing your just going to have to bend over and pick it up.
Captain
# 56
10-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Eveeryone who has their ear to the ground so to speak knows it's coming. And it may not be the only one. But you have at least until the LTS sale is done and most likely until Season 7 launches - which could be the same week - to click away.

Bottom line is that over the next little while Cryptic is going to throw down the soap and if you want to keep playing your just going to have to bend over and pick it up.
Well what ever they do - I for one won't be playing their game if they continue to toss the soap on the floor of the prison shower and ask me to pick it up.
Starfleet Veteran
# 57
10-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
In fairness, if they nerf what is essentially to I suspect 95-99% of the playerbase, an exploit of the system I don't mind.

Well I do, I mean I use the quickies to grab dilithium, and it'd be a shame to lose that - but I can totally understand it.

Now if they nerf the amount of Dilithium from STFs, Mirror Events, PVP etc etc, then I'd encourage people to be upset.
all ya'll doing is mtalking about this exploit but think on it its only what 1,400 that far from an exploit and if they do this it will only push people away from the foundry at all, and in all honesty if they take away this small help which benifits a small amount for star bases and small fleet i beleave its very small minded of them, so think on it befor you act and before you in the comunity complain.
Career Officer
# 58
10-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
If they're taking out an exploit, the folks who use it can't cry foul without being... well, er,

It's like screaming at the convenience store clerk for installing anti-theft devices so that you can't continue to steal candy bars.

Are you console clickers really going to scream at the cashier?
Well, I think they ought to add a 1440 Dilithium "Thanks for logging in!" mission or maybe reassign that to the Fleet officer of the Watch daily. The reward there feels a bit anemic and if they closed the exploit of "Investigate Officer Reports", I think it would be great to reassign that dilithium reward to the Fleet daily. Which is almost a clicker but does involve going somewhere and doing some variety of task.
Lieutenant
# 59
10-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
No it won't - from watching it for 9 months and watching the stock market for 20 years - I can say will strong confidence that i believe they are already in there keeping the price consant and stable by addind dilth when need be. Over the last few weeks the dilth market has not budged 1 or 2 points a day and there have been hundreds of thousand of dilth on both the buy and the ask. The last lock box only moved it out of it's fixed range for a very short time.

It is clear that it is being manipulate - my bet is on Cryptic and not some players because the movement up or down is almost non existant. And just like the Federal reserve printing money - Crptic is the only ones that can just "print" dilth out of nothing.
As an aside, you are absolutely right about this. They also manipulate prices on the exchange. I've seen them do it clearly in the rare data sample market. If the price on a particular rare data sample gets too high they will inject several samples at a much lower price. If prices in the rare data sample market, in general, are too high, they will mass drop multiple different samples at ridiculously low prices. These get almost instantly bought up and re-sold at much lower prices than current market.
If you want to make a ton of EC very quickly, hang around the exchange and keep close watch on the rare data samples everyday around crafting hour. That is when a good portion of the deus ex machina sample drops occur. All of a sudden you'll see a lot of 7 Methogenic particle traces(normally selling at around 90,000-100,000 EC) appear for sale for 3 EC. When u see this wait around, there'll be even more deals dropping soon.
Career Officer
# 60
10-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markarich View Post
As an aside, you are absolutely right about this. They also manipulate prices on the exchange. I've seen them do it clearly in the rare data sample market. If the price on a particular rare data sample gets too high they will inject several samples at a much lower price. If prices in the rare data sample market, in general, are too high, they will mass drop multiple different samples at ridiculously low prices. These get almost instantly bought up and re-sold at much lower prices than current market.
If you want to make a ton of EC very quickly, hang around the exchange and keep close watch on the rare data samples everyday around crafting hour. That is when a good portion of the deus ex machina sample drops occur. All of a sudden you'll see a lot of 7 Methogenic particle traces(normally selling at around 90,000-100,000 EC) appear for sale for 3 EC. When u see this wait around, there'll be even more deals dropping soon.
You could check the hypothetical item exchange fixing. When you buy those, you get a mail telling you what you purchased and who it's from.

Although my suspicion is that it's goldfarmers who bot posting this stuff automatically at optimal times for a quick sale.
Closed Thread