Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 11
10-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
it's quiet simple. if you recall, during the dominion Wars the Jem'Hadar ships were much more powerful than what the Klingons/feds and romulans, the three major powers of the quadrant, had. Even after, according to eraun.... 30 (probably closer to 40) years? those Jem'Hadar ships would still be pretty potent as enemy ships, as ship tech has not improved in major leaps and bounds.

Given the choice. would you
A. Give up one prisoner.... or
B. Face the wrath of 2800 (hence the FE seriese name, the 2800) ships? considering the war with the Borg alone, lets not add in the fact that the True Way would join in on the dominions side making it even tougher to fight. a war with the "rogue" ships would most likely open the way for the Borg to finally assimilate everything in their path?
There's also the Dominion proper to consider. Their offer to help was tainted with a threat. At best case, rejecting their offer would mean wiping out the Dominion fleet the hard way, costing more ships and possibly endangering DS9.

But, there's also the threat of the Dominion supporting the invasion. It wouldn't even take a full scale invasion in defiance of the Treaty of Bajor. Some secret funneling of resources would greatly draw out the conflict. Or just one hidden transmission could give that fleet objectives for suicide attacks throughout the quadrant, causing any manner of chaos and disruption in the war effort or leaving key planets open to the ongoing Borg invasion.
Career Officer
# 12
10-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
it's quiet simple. if you recall, during the dominion Wars the Jem'Hadar ships were much more powerful than what the Klingons/feds and romulans, the three major powers of the quadrant, had. Even after, according to eraun.... 30 (probably closer to 40) years? those Jem'Hadar ships would still be pretty potent as enemy ships, as ship tech has not improved in major leaps and bounds.
I don't know about that. The Jem Hadar weren't any more powerful. The defiant easily defeated Jem Hadar ships....the only proboblem was the fact that they bred like guppies. Still they had one serious weakness. Take away their precious "white" and they become more irritable than a heroin addict in withdrawl (probably just as worthless too). So this leaves the Vorta who are both cowards and stupid enough to believe a being that shape shifts is a god (I thought humans were easily impressed). Finally this leaves the shape shifter criminals who were easily brought down by a section 31 virus. No I'm afraid she
can stay where she is. She should have been excecuted.
Captain
# 13
10-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbrady View Post
I don't know about that. The Jem Hadar weren't any more powerful. The defiant easily defeated Jem Hadar ships....the only proboblem was the fact that they bred like guppies.
In "The Jem'Hadar", three Jem'Hadar frigates defeated a Galaxy class with ease. Their polaron weapons went right through the Odyssey's shields. It wasn't till the Federation had rapidly upgraded its ships that they were a match for the Jem'Hadar.

Quote:
Still they had one serious weakness. Take away their precious "white" and they become more irritable than a heroin addict in withdrawl (probably just as worthless too).
When a heroin user is on withdrawal, they're irritable. When a Jem'Hadar is on withdrawal, they tend to shoot people - watch "Rocks and Shoals". So withdrawing the white would weaken them, but they'd still be capable of doing a lot of damage before they die out.

Quote:
So this leaves the Vorta who are both cowards and stupid enough to believe a being that shape shifts is a god (I thought humans were easily impressed).
It's not a matter of intelligence - they were genetically bred to revere the Founders as gods. And I think most diplomats would be afraid if they were facing down a dangerous enemy without bodyguards.

Quote:
Finally this leaves the shape shifter criminals who were easily brought down by a section 31 virus. No I'm afraid she can stay where she is. She should have been excecuted.
As already stated, releasing her was necessary to dissolve Kar'ukan's forces. Even after it didn't work, recapturing her would have enraged the Dominion and likely started another war.

And personally, I think letting her rot in prison for the rest of her life is a much harsher punishment than an execution.
Career Officer
# 14
10-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
When a heroin user is on withdrawal, they're irritable. When a Jem'Hadar is on withdrawal, they tend to shoot people - watch "Rocks and Shoals". So withdrawing the white would weaken them, but they'd still be capable of doing a lot of damage before they die out.
to digress:
I remember when Weyoun commented that their white supply was going to run out soon, he and Damar were going to lace the remaining stockpiles with poison to prevent the jem'hadar from going completely berserk.
Career Officer
# 15
10-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Quote:
3) Why would a Klingon officer get involved in prison riot control at a Federation facility?
What kind of self-respecting Klingon would pass up a fight? Especially since the fight is between them and the exit.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
10-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Quote:
I don't know about that. The Jem Hadar weren't any more powerful. The defiant easily defeated Jem Hadar ships....the only proboblem was the fact that they bred like guppies. Still they had one serious weakness. Take away their precious "white" and they become more irritable than a heroin addict in withdrawl (probably just as worthless too). So this leaves the Vorta who are both cowards and stupid enough to believe a being that shape shifts is a god (I thought humans were easily impressed). Finally this leaves the shape shifter criminals who were easily brought down by a section 31 virus. No I'm afraid she
can stay where she is. She should have been excecuted.
Considering they are immune to that virus now thanks to odo curing them, they wouldnt be able to do it again. considering the true dominion likely has also beefed up defenses around the founder homeworld to make sure it doesnt hapen, i highly doubt Section 31 cares enough to make another since the dominion is no longer a threat. so pray tell how would you manage to go through dominion space to get to them? and stop them?

at this point in time starfleet or the kdf dont have the manpower to risk opening yet another front of war. and dont go sprouting on about how many players play the game. Story wise they dont count.

also, since white isnt kept on only one ship... how would you expect to get rid of it all and render the JH "Harmless" as you say. trying to blockade wouldnt work... as the force at DS9 was only the first wave, once the rest came in unless the KDF and Feds had every ship at there disposal in the area it would be a slaughter of the blockading force once all 2800 ships showed up.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.