Starfleet Veteran
# 11
10-15-2012, 05:54 AM
i couldnt agree more , the KDF gets a powerful ship and all of a sudden people cry about it , put yourself in the shoes of the KDF , they been consistently downplayed in terms of ships for the longest time . all of a sudden they get a strong ship , and people get mad about it
12th Fleet
Fleet Captain , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Empire Veteran
# 12
10-15-2012, 06:25 AM
Unwad your underwear, OP. The battle cloak is only an advantage for escaping and surprise attacks. It does not make the GV Peg OP in any way.

Your fed Defiant-R and Fleet Defiant-R do both 10 times better. Fly one of those.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Lieutenant
# 13
10-15-2012, 06:38 AM
Finally the KDF actually get something that's useful. I don't mind the fact the Chimera doesn't have cloaking abilities, it shouldn't have due the fact it's a Fed ship. Plus it's a reward for those willing to shell out $199 for an LTS, not $300 as mentioned before. A little perk worth having if you ask me
Founder of the 3rd Foot & Mouth Federation Fleet. Join today!

The Khasi of Kalabar: They will die the death of a thousand cuts!
Princess Jelhi: Oh! But that's horrible!
The Khasi of Kalabar: Not at all my little desert flower, the British are used to cuts!
Career Officer
# 14
10-15-2012, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
i couldnt agree more , the KDF gets a powerful ship and all of a sudden people cry about it , put yourself in the shoes of the KDF , they been consistently downplayed in terms of ships for the longest time . all of a sudden they get a strong ship , and people get mad about it
Fly it and you'll agree " Ka hunga da goff! " <---( lost my Klingon phrase book years ago so I'm just making this up )

Anyways........
I myself just didn't like it and went back to my T5 Vor'Cha ( think that's how it's spelled ) as she does far more damage with beam array's and works far better with the Borg shields. I get full power from those shield on my cruiser.

Clearly designed for canons and turrets, both I hate with a passion. Beam weapons are useless with it, 1 purple and 2 blue boosters, both MK 11's and still it took forever to take down a shield of a Breen Cruiser. Did lousy hull damage too.
Only thing it almost has going for it was the animation.

I give it 4/10. Mmmm..... it just not my kind of ship.

Would of gave it 5/10, it the animation didn't keep glitching.

Last edited by crashdragon; 10-15-2012 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Found a doughnut under my desk.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
10-15-2012, 07:23 AM
everyone has their preference , i hate cannons and turrets too
12th Fleet
Republic Veteran
# 16
10-15-2012, 08:05 AM
I don't want to complain, but I do not like the KDF faction as much even though I like a lot of the ships better. This creates a conflict as I keep trying to like KDF. I played my KDF for 2 days just to enjoy the new Veteran ship with Battle Cloak only to go back to FED and fly the less fun Chimera. I do not want to put down the KDF, however I can relate to how others feel who prefer the KDF ships but cannot enjoy the faction as designed. Would I stay KDF if the faction was equal? I honestly cannot say, but I am not a lover of the FED ship styles going all the way back to TOS. My favorite was the Defiant for looks but I do not like the Boff layout. I like a more versatile ship like the BoP or the new Veteran ships.

Again, I do not want to whine or complain, I just understand wanting a sleek, non saucer, cool looking ship with battle cloak on the FED side. I also understand the need for uniqueness. We cannot have everything we want. It is just a part of life, the bad guys usually have cooler cars, except for Miami Vice, Knight Rider, etc... oh never mind, lol.

Have fun...kill borg guys.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
10-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Thats just it though , federation ships arent really supposed to cloak , the dreadnought is from an alternate reality , but remember the defiants cloak was loaned from the romulans , any research into cloaks by the federation seems to be heavily frowned upon
12th Fleet
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Trollolllloooo Best troll thread ive seen in a while.

I have both, and you know what, the peghgu dies alot easier than my chimera does both on tacticals, both built the same way. In pvp, and elite stf's my chimera can seem to take more of a beating than the peghgu, so i use the battle cloak to get away. Unlike my bop i dont get off as much of a attack or able to turn as fast, but i do live better than my bop ever did. So what? Its the best kdf ship that was a secret ship built, of course they are going to put their best cloaking ability on it, frankly i think all cloak should be battle cloak because we never saw a kdf ship go, OH GOD..WERE AT RED ALERT, WE CANT CLOAK OH NOOOOO!!!!

lol.
Commander
# 19
10-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Really the only reason I made this thread was to point out the fact that the Peghqu has a battle cloak instead of a normal cloak. The Battle Cloak has been the thing of the Bird of Preys in this game for a long time. It just seems wrong to create a ship thats has way more survivability then a BoP and on top of that give it a Battle Cloak.

Also to those who might not know. The Treaty of Algeron, which prevented the Federation from researching or or developing their own Cloaking Technology to begin with, is no longer in effect due to the destruction of Romulus and the reformation of the Romulan Empire under Empress Sela. The Federation fielded two ships with cloaking technology, the Galaxy-class Dreadnought as seen in "All Good Things" and a retrofit of the Defiant-class. So now in Star Trek Online there is nothing stopping the Federation from creating more ships with a Cloaking Device. Don't believe me? Read the Apocrypha section of this link to Memory Alpha.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Algeron

There is absolutely no reason why the Chimera shouldnt have a Cloaking Device (Normal or Battle Cloak) just like the Peghqu now that the Treaty of Algeron isnt in effect anymore.

Last edited by kaeaja; 10-15-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
10-15-2012, 10:18 AM
except that in canon , the federation doesnt make use of cloaking devices , and the federations status as ' the hero' in the various star trek series usually prevents them from using it ( the defiant is an exception , seeing as its cloaking device was primarily borrowed to explore the gamma quadrant undetected by the dominion )
as for the all good things D , thats an alternate timeline that ceased to exist
12th Fleet