Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 11
10-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Indeed, single cannons are a bit weak. But at least they have a distinct place and aren't a completely redundant subset of another weapon type like DCs are to DHC. For single cannons, I'd say just up the damage by ~10% and see if usage patterns begin to change.
Captain
# 12
10-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Considering that normal cruisers can use cannons, I'd rather if DCs remained on ships can that use DCs (all KDF, some on Fed, the boxships).

I think cannons are fine. Having similar damage to a beam array, but benefiting from cannon boff skills already gives them a dps edge over normal beams. I might go for widening the firing arc just a bit, but that might kill off beam arrays completely. The balancing factor should be from the limited boff slots on the ships that may prefer the cannons, like a Regent for example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Empire Veteran
# 13
10-14-2012, 08:22 PM
1) increase Single Cannons in firing arc to 200 degrees, make extremely fast infiring cycle and keep thier damage to same.

2) Make Dual cannons basically the cannon version of a 90 degree arc DBB. Make them fire slightly faster than DHCs.

3) Maybe, maybe increase DHCs damage by 10%.

In addition,
4) add Heavy beam arrays
6) add a CRF style BOff power for beams. A BO power for cannons.
7) bump Cruoser/Battle cruiser turnrates and adjust inertia.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 10-14-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Captain
# 14
10-14-2012, 08:26 PM
I was thinking of halving dps of all weapons across the board...

And half the HP of all mobs in the game, including elites, making it a PVP nerf. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 15
10-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
I think cannons are fine. Having similar damage to a beam array, but benefiting from cannon boff skills already gives them a dps edge over normal beams. I might go for widening the firing arc just a bit, but that might kill off beam arrays completely.
-Single cannons only do more damage than single beams at or under 5 clicks. After that the beams win out.
-At point blank single cannons have 14.7% more DPS than beams. At max range the beams are doing an impressive 62% more damage than cannons.
-Larger arc means you can fire all eight beams on a single target.
-There are usually better skills to take on a cruiser than cannon buffs, though there may be a few exceptions.
-If they ever fix FAW ignoring [acc]....

Widening the arc of single cannons to that of single beams would probably cause a measurable shift towards their use in cruiser pilots, but that's mostly because FAW is broken. Either increasing the DPS by a small (~10%) amount or increasing the firing angle to somewhere between that of single beams and what single cannons are at now would be pretty safe.
Commander
# 16
10-14-2012, 09:31 PM
rather see a different version of dc's than modifying their damage. i use them as a proc weapon that can do as much damage as dhc's albeit without the crit severity modifier. a few builds rely on dc's either 2 or 3 of them for the faster ROF to obtain proc chances on
phased polaron builds
phased tetryon builds
tetryon builds
always considered them more of a weapon to be used when you want a higher proc chance without much loss in overall dps compared to dhc's.

would like to see heavy versions of single cannons just to match the dc/dhc as it seems somewhat odd that one was never developed. as well as heavy versions of BA's and DBB's. give players a bit more choice in choosing loadouts.
Career Officer
# 17
10-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadspacex64 View Post
a few builds rely on dc's either 2 or 3 of them for the faster ROF to obtain proc chances on
phased polaron builds
phased tetryon builds
tetryon builds
If you're gimping your DPS in order to get more polaron/tetryon/phaser procs you're doing it very wrong.
Captain
# 18
10-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadspacex64 View Post
rather see a different version of dc's than modifying their damage. i use them as a proc weapon that can do as much damage as dhc's albeit without the crit severity modifier. a few builds rely on dc's either 2 or 3 of them for the faster ROF to obtain proc chances on
phased polaron builds
phased tetryon builds
tetryon builds
always considered them more of a weapon to be used when you want a higher proc chance without much loss in overall dps compared to dhc's.

would like to see heavy versions of single cannons just to match the dc/dhc as it seems somewhat odd that one was never developed. as well as heavy versions of BA's and DBB's. give players a bit more choice in choosing loadouts.
Weapons' proc is based on volley not the number of shots per volley. There's no benefit to using DCs over DHCs in this regard.
Commander
# 19
10-14-2012, 11:23 PM
Let sci ships (and maybe cruisers) equip them in their current state. The PvE carebears would probably be all for it.
Empire Veteran
# 20
10-14-2012, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
-At point blank single cannons have 14.7% more DPS than beams. At max range the beams are doing an impressive 62% more damage than cannons.
does this even take into account that 4 single cannons are going to be parred with 4 lower damage turrets, wile 8 beams deal the same damage no mater what end of the ship they are on?

im really not sure 4S/4T even out damages 8 BAs. only if your at close range can you use CRF and generate a bit more spike then beam arrays are able too, but its crummy drawn out spike the same way it is for DCs. thats why id like singles to act like single barrel DHCs, or they need a damage buff.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus