Login

Career Officer
# 51
10-15-2012, 01:53 PM
You know I don't believe in putting energy weapons on my scis MT
Captain
# 52
10-15-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm not trying to say DC are better then DHC but they do have a slight advantage in one way, price. When I made a new character and only had enough money for 3 [acc]x3 DHC the cheap [acc]x3 DC served as an ok placeholder for awhile. Difference between 4x DHC and 3x DHC and 1 DC is not that big.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but I've read from other posters mixing in 1 DC can help weapon firing cycles.
Banned
# 53
10-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Ghosty what do you mean by front loading damage please?
Front Loaded damage, is basically damage that has most of it's damage done at the start of any given period of time vs the end of, or mid cycle.

A Beam Overload is front loaded spike damage, where as HYT burst is spread over multiple strikes.

DHCs do all their damage upfront, where as DCs do it at the end of a cycle. For examples.

Also something else to note about DCs and their crits compared to a DHC. A DHC can and will very often crit for 4k to 10k or more. A DC hits it's high note at 3k to 5k. That right there alone makes DCs indefensible given they do not have 2x as many Firing Cycles as a DHC does.
Banned
# 54
10-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
I'm not trying to say DC are better then DHC but they do have a slight advantage in one way, price. When I made a new character and only had enough money for 3 [acc]x3 DHC the cheap [acc]x3 DC served as an ok placeholder for awhile. Difference between 4x DHC and 3x DHC and 1 DC is not that big.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but I've read from other posters mixing in 1 DC can help weapon firing cycles.
It's better to have a CrtHX2 CrtD DHC than an accX3 DC. That's how dramatic the difference is. (and said DHC is a hell of alot cheaper than an accX3 obviously)
Captain
# 55
10-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
It's better to have a CrtHX2 CrtD DHC than an accX3 DC. That's how dramatic the difference is. (and said DHC is a hell of alot cheaper than an accX3 obviously)
good idea i may try that if/when trying to gear a new character on the cheap or reccomend to newer people in my fleet, thanks
Career Officer
# 56
10-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Would love to see some love to both single and dual cannons. I've often thought that there should be a more pronounced difference between the two cannon types.