Republic Veteran
# 11
11-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
QFT LOL
Thats the Cryptic recipe alright. 1 teaspoon of fun for every 10 cups of grind.
He didn't read my post, and neither did you.
____
STO community Doom-O-Meter: ||||||||| >> WARNING <<
Career Officer
# 12
11-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
I have not played it recently but I think CO is doing something with vehicles where you go off and attack some larger enemy ship in the air?

perhaps that can be adapted so we are flying shuttles around in low atmosphere.
I think a shuttle adventure zone is an awesome idea. And shuttles attacking a larger ship is something I've wanted to see featured.

I would like for the enemy ship to be properly scaled to the shuttle's size, unlike the D'deridex in the Vault. If you've seen the 'giant galaxy-class' in the foundry, you know how epic a full-sized starship would look to a shuttlecraft. I think a special boss enemy would be perfect to introduce with this inflated size, considering shuttle enemy mobs are special anyway.

A D'deridex might not have fit in the Vault if it were inflated to fit with the shuttles' relative size, but an open-air adventure zone would be an excellent place to feature a 'massive' craft as an enemy, or as a base of operations.

Perhaps they could even modify the 'sitting in chairs' tech to allow for contextual shuttle landing animations. Pull to a stop, click the button, and your animation guides you to the landing zone just like captains move to sit in the chair.

Last edited by denizenvi; 11-02-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 13
11-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denizenvi View Post
Perhaps they could even modify the 'sitting in chairs' tech to allow for contextual shuttle landing animations. Pull to a stop, click the button, and your animation guides you to the landing zone just like captains move to sit in the chair.
Yes, that's how I imagined it, in essence.

It would be cool to have the shuttle zone as the primary feature, but the area could secondarily feature as a hub for small ground missions. Land the shuttle, help a colonist or scientist with your away team, explore an area or fight some bad guys, then board your ship and take off again.

I wonder if it would be possible to display your actual shuttle landed, by perhaps using the same tech that is behind the trophies aboard starships.
____
Captain
# 14
11-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderkassy View Post
He didn't read my post, and neither did you.
Oh I read your ideas. I endorse them. But he made a funny and I had to high five it.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
"Captain, the entity appears to be A New Accord"
Captain
# 15
11-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
I think a shuttle adventure zone is an awesome idea. And shuttles attacking a larger ship is something I've wanted to see featured.

I would like for the enemy ship to be properly scaled to the shuttle's size, unlike the D'deridex in the Vault. If you've seen the 'giant galaxy-class' in the foundry, you know how epic a full-sized starship would look to a shuttlecraft. I think a special boss enemy would be perfect to introduce with this inflated size, considering shuttle enemy mobs are special anyway.

A D'deridex might not have fit in the Vault if it were inflated to fit with the shuttles' relative size, but an open-air adventure zone would be an excellent place to feature a 'massive' craft as an enemy, or as a base of operations.

They need to steal a page out of Nemesis and have us have to board an enemy ship on foot, shoot up some stuff, then have to steal the enemy shuttlecraft to blast our way out. 5 man team, flying 5 shuttlecraft through the hallways of a big carrier. You've seen how big STO ship corridors are lol, 5 shuttles racing down them would fit easy lol. Cryptic should just pay me to be a fun consultant dev. Why do I have to come up with all the best ideas for them.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro
"Captain, the entity appears to be A New Accord"
Rihannsu
# 16
11-02-2012, 04:05 PM
I also think this is a great idea. Also cool would be both open and 1v1 pvp areas for shuttles to battle it out...come to think of it, 1v1 ground duel zones would be nice on Andoria and Qo'nos too (people 1v1 in Ker'rat, but this would be sort of "enforced" 1v1 in addition to the open zones).

Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
Founding member, Special Service Squadron
"Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
Captain
# 17
11-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderkassy View Post
What's everyone else think?
I think it's brilliant! Take all the internets!

Quote:
I like it. There are lots of places you can take something that. Like docking with ships, starbases, or even your own ship in various missions!

We could have it set where the Captains Yacht actually detaches from the saucer when you launch it, and you could join back with your ship! It's genius!!!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lieutenant
# 18
11-02-2012, 06:15 PM
This is a brilliant idea! I would love more content to use my type 10 and delta flyer
Republic Veteran
# 19
11-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleohnine View Post
Oh I read your ideas. I endorse them. But he made a funny and I had to high five it.
I didn't think it was funny and would like this to remain on topic, but thank you.
____
Commander
# 20
11-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Quote:
This reminds me of how on Tribble in the warehouse mission on New Romulus some Ferengi dude was flying around in his Romulan shuttle while me and my away team were firing away at him. It was rather amusing. :p

Actually, given how well that seemed to work in general, I think a shuttle adventure zone could work quite well. Certainly, space maps seem to give more than enough precision for flying work and seem to have a great many objects on them at once. Would it be so hard to put together a really nice 'ground' environment?

The only major issue I can imagine here is that the engine doesn't seem to support flight vertically. I could see landing your shuttle turning into an absolute joke unless:

1) The landing pad would have to be elevated so you could fly straight onto it. Either built into a cliff face, or...even better...the hangar bay of either a landed or flying starship. Perhaps the Enterprise-F could be hanging around in low orbit providing construction support for the Romulan colony.

Actually, that might be really cool.

New Romulus; go to your embassy hangar to jump into a shuttle, and then fly from the Embassy to the shuttle adventure zone. The Enterprise-F is in a low orbit providing a 'ground' map with vendors, bank, etc.; fly your shuttle into its hangar to land!

Otherwise, you spend your time flying around, assisting with your tractor beam to build buildings or fight off Tholian Widows or whatever. :p

Would let them release some kind of Engineering shuttle...say... one of those workbees. :p