Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 639
# 21
11-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Well the way we assumed shuttle landing would work is basically a "use". You "use" the landing pad, and your shuttle lands on it via an animation. That said, when you landed, your shuttle would disappear for others, so maybe it should fly into a small hanger, or VTOL downwards into a vertical shaft with an iris door that opens to let it pass through. Lots of cool possibilities.
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,103
# 22
11-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderkassy View Post
Well the way we assumed shuttle landing would work is basically a "use". You "use" the landing pad, and your shuttle lands on it via an animation. That said, when you landed, your shuttle would disappear for others, so maybe it should fly into a small hanger, or VTOL downwards into a vertical shaft with an iris door that opens to let it pass through. Lots of cool possibilities.
I like aperture doors...
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 639
# 23
11-04-2012, 09:15 AM
And yes, I believe it could be tied into the starbase system in some way. someone mentioned the embassy on New Romulus, and that's doable but I have a feeling the devs would want to move on to different areas. Then again, maybe not

Obviously though, it would need to remain accessible to those without fleets.
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 639
# 24
06-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Hah!

Hopefully the new queue is a proof of concept leading to something more.
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 81
# 25
06-01-2013, 10:18 AM
In my opinion, before adding a total new Adventure Zone Concept, the old ones should be refined.

For example a ground vehicle like the argo buggy for ground adventure zones.
It doesnt have todo much, just increase your movement speed on the ground while not in combat.

My bet is it would sell good in the Zen store because I'm not the only one who got tired of walking on Nimbus or New Romulus.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 167
# 26
06-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titus1608 View Post
In my opinion, before adding a total new Adventure Zone Concept, the old ones should be refined.

For example a ground vehicle like the argo buggy for ground adventure zones.
It doesnt have todo much, just increase your movement speed on the ground while not in combat.

My bet is it would sell good in the Zen store because I'm not the only one who got tired of walking on Nimbus or New Romulus.
Seriously does everyone in this game have ADHD or something? Do people have some kind of bizarre psychic link with their character such that the character exerting themselves actually makes the player feel tired? It takes less than five minutes to jog to anywhere in the NR adventure zone, and scarcely more on Nimbus. With the new changes to warp speeds, I actually have to manually align my ship by rotating it on the spot before I plot a course to a system, because if I don't my Transwarp speed is so ridiculously high I end up doing a circle across nearly the whole map and often bump into the sector boundary.

The distances and travel times in this game are a joke already, if they make them any faster or add any more shortcuts -on ground or in space- they might as well just give everyone access to a /slash command that lets you instantly teleport to any set of coordinates in the game
--------------
We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 138
# 27
06-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Zombie thread much...
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 297
# 28
06-01-2013, 11:16 PM
i agree wholeheartedly with the OP and with squishkin above, a shuttlecraft/fighter adventure zone would be a welcome addition to the game.

just so long as they have a wide variety of activities to do: scanning geologic instabilities/fauna and flora/radiation pockets (this is assuming it takes place on Mol'Rihan) to assist romulan scientists, using tractor beams to help build colony structures (as stated above), maybe assisting with mining or clearing obstacles with your weapons, etc.

and combat as well against encroaching Tholians or Elachi, maybe a periodic boss event where an Elachi walker lands and the entire instance can join in to fight it. Or a Tholian capital ship of some sort descending into the atmosphere.

-------------------

also on a slightly off topic note, i also support bringing ground vehicles like the Argo from Star Trek Nemesis into the game and creating content (such as PvE and PvP and Adventure Zones) for that as well. Though even if this were something the population at large would be interested in, i doubt it would be something Cryptic/PWE would find marketable.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 639
# 29
06-02-2013, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by temp3rus View Post
Zombie thread much...
It's not that old, and considering the devs just implemented a portion of the idea, it has relevance. If I made a new thread, I would change almost nothing about the OP. My suggestion stands, treat this new event like a proof of concept and expand on it.
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 639
# 30
06-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosolidshoe View Post
Seriously does everyone in this game have ADHD or something? Do people have some kind of bizarre psychic link with their character such that the character exerting themselves actually makes the player feel tired? It takes less than five minutes to jog to anywhere in the NR adventure zone, and scarcely more on Nimbus. With the new changes to warp speeds, I actually have to manually align my ship by rotating it on the spot before I plot a course to a system, because if I don't my Transwarp speed is so ridiculously high I end up doing a circle across nearly the whole map and often bump into the sector boundary.

The distances and travel times in this game are a joke already, if they make them any faster or add any more shortcuts -on ground or in space- they might as well just give everyone access to a /slash command that lets you instantly teleport to any set of coordinates in the game
Agreed. I personally prefer the heightened warp speeds because Sector space is the Overworld Map, but as for ground? Pfft. By the standards of almost any other game, the current adventure zones are small. You can hoof it.
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:34 PM.