Career Officer
and romulan and stf store reputationis up plus colony so where is everyone

we need people on tribble

make sure you bring 12 when you copy over
Captain
# 132
10-25-2012, 04:27 PM
That's the first sign of the end of STF participation. Nobody wants that. They're playing STFs on holodeck before it goes "live" and everyone stops bothering with it.
Lt. Commander
# 133
10-25-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
That's the first sign of the end of STF participation. Nobody wants that. They're playing STFs on holodeck before it goes "live" and everyone stops bothering with it.
pretty much that.
I'll rather enjoy the last couple days before Season 7: Quit in Disgust goes live, than waste it on Tribble. 'Might change my mind if someone reports that they removed the new Dil sinks, but I've pretty much given up hope on that.
Please get rid of (cross-)Healing in space
Captain
# 134
10-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flekh View Post
pretty much that.
I'll rather enjoy the last couple days before Season 7: Quit in Disgust goes live, than waste it on Tribble. 'Might change my mind if someone reports that they removed the new Dil sinks, but I've pretty much given up hope on that.
I wouldn't mind the dil sinks, but they're making it harder to earn it!!! The Dil sinks should be enough. If they aren't, GET BETTER DIL SINKS!!!!

Anyway, going back to the OP, first two rooms are great, simple enough to figure out, challenging to stay alive. The Queens room? Loads of Over Powered enemy walls and big DPS Sponge. Le sad.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.

Last edited by centersolace; 10-25-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 135
10-25-2012, 10:22 PM
So first of all thanks to the Dev team and to everyone else who played Into The Hive with me today. It was fun, if not challenging.
I don't know if it's just me, or if I'm too used to the old STF's, but with Into The Hive I felt that we completed it out of luck as opposed to anything else. We tried god knows how many times to kill the Borg Queen and then all of a sudden she died and we was happy. How we killed her, I'm not sure
Secondly the cut scene is cool, but will most likely be annoying after I've done the mission a couple more times, like 10+.
Finally after examining the dead Borg queen's head on the ground, and exiting the mission, I never received any Omega Marks.
Over all though it was fun and I'm looking forward to it going live.
Career Officer
# 136
10-25-2012, 11:06 PM
I didnt manage to go on the run, becuase i was in a never ending DS9 loading screen. Myabe next time
Captain
# 137
10-27-2012, 05:40 PM
I only got to play this once so far. I liked it - although I have VERY limited experience with ground STFs, it was very good. I would however offer the following suggestions:

1) Do SOMETHING about the pits. They're hard to see and way too easy to fall into. It's very frustrating to be three seconds into the Queen's chamber and end up splattered on the ground 100 feet below.

2) She seems to regenerate a bit too quickly. It almost seems to completely negate your attack attempt when she recharges. This is frustrating. At least on Normal mode, this should be slowed down considerably, so you can at least have a chance at whittling her away. It's hard enough to survive between rounds, so making you have to essentially start all over again against the Queen once you're already wounded and low on supplies is a bit much.

There may be other things I'm missing, so I may add to this, but that's what I think overall as of now.

BTW, apologies to those who I was teaming with - our run went long and I got my connection cut off. Sorry about that.
Lieutenant
# 138
10-27-2012, 06:45 PM
I?ve only played it twice not much interest on tribble when I log in. I normally wait 20 -25min and log out if I don?t get in.

I must say I was disappointed with it. After hearing the Title floating around the forums in the last 2+ years, I thought it would be the jem of all the other STFs you know the preverbal cherry on top.

Our PUG team managed to finish it in less than 40min considering I played it on the 2nd day it came out on tribble(Elite Version).

The whole thing felt dated nothing new no clever puzzle to figure out like the others.
It was basically your typical kill this group and move on type scenario you would find on a patrol ground mission.

I guess the Hopscotch floor thing did add a small touch of excitement in the beginning but that was it. I have not returned to play it because it just doesn?t peak my interest anymore.

I guess this would be considered the Superman IV version of the series. I was really hoping for the ?Return of the Jedi? quality version.
Career Officer
# 139
10-27-2012, 07:17 PM
I finished ITH today and have to say I expected more of it.

1) The timer for the optional is ridiculous - even more if you think of the shock-plate ping-pong game.

2) The Assimilated Gorn is almost a 1:1 copy from Elite Force 2. Looks cool, but is the scorpion sting really neccessary? The Borg seem to really have suffered from brain damage thanks to Voyager They are getting more and more absurd.

3) Borg Queen
The best thing of her is the Voice Over. That is really good. Congrats on that. Who did the VO for her? When I first saw her I instantly got the image of Kerrigan from Starcraft 2. You guys love SC2, don't you? First, the Bortas and now the Queen.
She should stick to the original version of the Queen. Like I said the Borg are getting more and more ridiculous.

Bugs:
I get the part with the transporter cells. Nevertheless I think there are a few flaws attached to that.

1. I died at the Queen fight and spawned in one cell. I then got marked with the targeting scanner and got an Orbital Strike in the cell.

2.In addition the plattforms in the resurrection cells are the same ones which get electrified. Thus, they will kill you in your cell over and over again.

Are these two really necessary? The cells should be excluded from Orbital Strikes and electrification. I mean they are rezz-circles and these are meant to be safe from attacks, because you died already...kind of inconsistent game philosophy here. Please make the cells immunity areas.

3) Rewards. We completed the STF, but did not get any loot. Nor did we get any Omega Marks out of it which is obviously a bug.

4) The Queen's diying cutscene.
I think you should look over this once more, because the time the Queen died and moaned my camera was still spanning towards her, making me miss the whole death scene. When the camera reached her spot she was just lying there on the floor

5) Ending...not?

I thought Into the Hive marks the end of the Borg story line? Where is it. All happens is that we kill the Queen and thats it. No conclusion, no cutscene showing exploding Unimatrix 1, no exploding Borg and alcoves...really disappointing.
Imagine this in VOY:Endgame:
Admiral Janeway infects the Queen. Queen just moans and lies dead on the floor. Next scene is how Voyager enters Sol Sector. No explosions, no connection...nothing. Just loose ends.

Make it and ending it deserves. We fight the Queen - The Borg and show us the success of our efforts. Task Force Omega does not even say "Thanks" after finishing your job and saving billions...

Last edited by aegon1ice; 10-27-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Captain
# 140
10-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegon1ice View Post
1) The timer for the optional is ridiculous - even more if you think of the shock-plate ping-pong game.
Although I wouldn't say ridiculous, I did think it was too short, though I didn't think of that for my little review.

Quote:
3) Borg Queen
The best thing of her is the Voice Over. That is really good. Congrats on that. Who did the VO for her? When I first saw her I instantly got the image of Kerrigan from Starcraft
Agreed, the VO was good.

Quote:
5) Ending...not?

I thought Into the Hive marks the end of the Borg story line? Where is it. All happens is that we kill the Queen and thats it. No conclusion, no cutscene showing exploding Unimatrix 1, no exploding Borg and alcoves...really disappointing.
I don't see how this is the end. Killing a queen doesn't bring the whole collective down, I imagine. I think the temporary victory Voyager seemed to attain was probably largely bolstered by the fact that they obliterated a lot of Borg infrastructure doing it.

Chances are a new queen is chosen shortly thereafter. Considering she's essentially the amalgamated essence of the entire collective, you would, in practical terms, have to probably cripple the collective badly on a more fundamental level in order to prevent a new queen from rising.