Starfleet Veteran
# 41
10-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
How can you tell how much of any resistance an enemy has? I just noticed that my mines and bombs weren't working well on her because she's pretty fast for walking around, and likes to change course, nor is slowed by Fuse Armor.
I was watching her damage, 4 of the STF Raiders were blasting her with the MACO mk12 guns and barely doing any visible damage. But when she walked into my bombs, BOOM, her HPs dropped very noticably. And during our last attempt, I went melee using the ol [Borg] Bat'elth and she was on me like a flea on a bloodhound.
Career Officer
# 42
10-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
You're kidding, right?
Right...?

*sigh* That's why we can't have nice things. Make an extremely easy mission and people will still complain it's too difficult. You know you people are the reason there's basically no challenging endgame content? Because you go into elite STFs with pugs and complain they're too difficult... Heck, why not just make an "I win" button while we're at it?

Of course you do realise this is not supposed to be a simple story mission you breeze through, but a difficult endgame mission requiring teamplay and coordination? And I tell you, Into The Hive in its current form is too easy (considering its length), not too difficult.

It's not a bug. Someone from your team was using Experimental Anti-Borg Device". It's one of its effects.
Except that the team was getting wiped... on NORMAL... with decent coordination. And the first time I died in this mission, I got an INJURY. On NORMAL. I'm not actually stupid enough to PUG an Elite STF (except Infected Space, which is so easy that I almost fall asleep on normal and almost always complete the optional on Elite). But this boss fight is totally different. The room fills with dozens of drones, which (even for REGULAR drones, not even the Meds or the Tactical Drones) seem to have all been equipped with an "F- You" ray. The Queen has an ungodly hold (which has the tendency of holding you on the death floor panel) and an Elite Tac's One-shot Cannon.

I agree that it could be longer, especially considering that it's been in development for so long, but the difficulty curve is less like a curve and more like a corner. It's not hard until you walk into that room. I did it on a team with TWO healers, and I still saw a wipe every five minutes. This isn't as much a challenging boss fight as it is a death grind. You walk in, clear the first mob (maybe), drop dead, pray someone bothers to revive you, repeat. Not to mention that you might be dead inside a death tile that seems to have a five minute duration (and, later on, also seems to be everywhere except ONE spot). Combine that with the fact that almost every drone has infinite knockback resistance, so you can't knock them off the edge of the platform that you can barely see. They also adapt faster than anywhere else in the game. I was using the MACO Rifle and the Autocarbine, and I was lucky to get two shots off with the RIFLE before they adapted (heaven help you if you want to use the Autocarbine).

I understand that this isn't designed to be easy. However, it also needs to be accessible. PUG this mission and you will get to the boss fight, get wiped a dozen times, and have some tosser on your team leave. After that, it's TOTALLY futile. I at least got to the Gorn a few times, but it wiped us each time. Worse, I had the two more coordinated people on the team leave IN that fight, leaving me with the two that completely ignored the chat and spent more time running than doing anything really useful. Of course, after that, it was useless to proceed, especially since it locked ALL THREE OF US in the cage and didn't let us out.

It's also worth noting that, at this time, you don't get ANYTHING for completing this Y-Class Mission (this inferred from the seemingly-impossible video of someone actually succeeding). So, not is it next to impossible, it's not even worth it. It's worse than when the Vault Shuttle Event launched (which was next to impossible and STILL not worth it).

So, I propose this minor change: Reserve the Death Panels in the Queen's Chamber (and only there, they're fine everywhere else, when you're not avoiding 20 Borg and a Queen that will arc weld you to the floor for an hour) for Elite. It has no place in Normal.

I also still think it's redundant that there's a boss fight IN the boss fight. The Assimilated Gorn seems to be a giant, two-legged LOLno. I can understand the plot reasoning for it being there, but it might try at least getting a little squishier. Right now he's more durable than the Tactical Cube he's in. :x
All Good Things Must Come On Tuesday. (it's a liiiink!)

Musings of a Mad Man; Or, What This Game Could Fix

<--Click for how to get one of these.
Empire Veteran
# 43
10-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Quick first impression...

Thats it, we waited 2 years for this?

2nd thought, can we have Gozer back?

General, cooldowns of the integrated remodulator and hypos seems to be major messed up, 30 seconds for the remod? 1minute for the hypo? on normal? Adaption on the first shot?

Seems fishy to me.

General impression of the mission, very underwhelming and sloppy feeling.

Last thought, good thing we don't have to play it with the new reward system for the gear....

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Starfleet Veteran
# 44
10-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
Quick first impression...

Thats it, we waited 2 years for this?

2nd thought, can we have Gozer back?

General, cooldowns of the integrated remodulator and hypos seems to be major messed up, 30 seconds for the remod? 1minute for the hypo? on normal? Adaption on the first shot?

Seems fishy to me.

General impression of the mission, very underwhelming and sloppy feeling.

Last thought, good thing we don't have to play it with the new reward system for the gear....
I realy hope not as far as your coment on getting gozer back, most people dont want him back that i have talked to
Lt. Commander
# 45
10-15-2012, 10:55 PM
great stf. it was challenging without being overly difficult. very enjoyable and (imo) felt like a boss fight in-line with armek, rebecca, and tosk. after the second run, everyone should be comfortable with tactics, objectives, and hazards.

will the holodeck version have voice acting?

i don't understand why everyone's all disappointed for. people act like this is supposed to be the be-all end-all of stfs. take it for what it is and enjoy it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 46
10-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehjonel View Post
will the holodeck version have voice acting?

i don't understand why everyone's all disappointed for. people act like this is supposed to be the be-all end-all of stfs. take it for what it is and enjoy it.
I'm very sure it will, just they don't want to spoil us with everything. Especially if they got Alice Krige to reprise her role as the Queen.

And people are disappointed, well its beeen since the Summer of 2010 that this STF was in the works (some of us got to play with the Queen on DS9 during the F2P Testing), and people were expecting something that would be more. After all, we are in the core of the Borg Collective and surely there would be hefty opposition keeping us from the Queen.

Well, likely they cut some things to meet the 15-20 minutes of a typical STF run?
Captain
# 47
10-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
Also, I'm honestly disappointed that there's no space segment whatsoever. And I believe it was planned at one point, as I remember the talks about infiltrating the Borg Unimatrix (you know, the giant borg hub from voyager?) and fighting the Queen's Diamond that was found in the Foundry some time ago (yet it all happens on a Tactical Cube). Really anticlimactic.
Yeah , I too feel a bit "short changed" in this matter .
This isn't quite what I (and many-many others) have been waiting for for almost 2 years .
And I'm sorry Cryptic , but you really-really can't come and say "we didn't have time" .

Ball dropped .

But for bitter-sweet memories , you can still catch the original trailer here (at 31:00 mins in) . This is how it should have been .... before Cryptic yanked the wheel once more .
Empire Veteran
# 48
10-16-2012, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
But for bitter-sweet memories , you can still catch the original trailer here (at 31:00 mins in) . This is how it should have been .... before Cryptic yanked the wheel once more .
WTF...

I want the missing parts!
Rihannsu
# 49
10-16-2012, 02:36 AM
the old unimatrix map and the borg diamond are in the foundry so i think there should be a space section. i wont mind if they add it later but i think it needs to be there.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Ensign
# 50
10-16-2012, 03:31 AM
I love this Mission.

It is hard and we must work in a Team. The last room are so Butyful. Don't nerv it for the noobs, don't make it easier, don't make it stronger. I think it is perfect for all. When it is to hard for other, the must perform her Equpiment or Skills. When you nerv it, it is to Easy for the good gamers.