Career Officer
# 61
10-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
To be clear, New Romulus is not an instance. It's a zone, much more like the zones in Champions. You will be on the map with potentially 50 or 100 other people.
I'm sorry I've not played Co, so I'm unsure what that works out to be like.

My issue is that I find Defera and Nukara as headache inducing.

It's generally just a chaotic disaster with players running around willy nilly repeating the same handful of steps and then running back to turn in for the rewards.

I know MMOs are giant hamster wheels, but you (the general Developer "you", not actually you Mr. Tacofangs.) need to disguise the wheel and not actually force the players to wear hamster suits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashlmaru View Post
One of the downsides is favoritism of ground vs. space. I certainly hope something is being considered to mitigate that downside, since space combat is one of STO's strengths and appears to be lacking in all the new zones added to the game.
Yes this is a huge negative.

Space combat in this game is engaging and fun.

Ground combat in this game suffers from massive UI lag where you click powers only to have them not activate (which is getting worse in space too sadly), ye olde kits that were designed in another lifetime as far as this game's current system is concerned and ground loot that sells for a pittance vendors much less on the exchange and basically no hope of striking gold for some nice item you can sell to another player.

It's also fairly slow, and lacks the fluidity of space combat.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 10-16-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Commander
# 62
10-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post

I just see the ship from The Last Starfighter (1984 movie).
Commander
# 63
10-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
I saw both hahaha.
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 64
10-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
You found us out! Little do you know that the Tholian EV suits come with a devastating special attack*.

*No, they really don't, although that'd be totally sweet.
Career Officer
# 65
10-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingtarg View Post
You found us out! Little do you know that the Tholian EV suits come with a devastating special attack*.

Um, Brandon - that effectively is what the new Phaser/Disruptor Lotus power on the new 1000 day Vet ships are.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Commander
# 66
10-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:

Awww :3 I totally love that film and that scene especially, glad I'm not the only one!

P.S. Cheers for whatever it is that a flyingtarg (? lol) does at Cryptic, what do you do? Are you new?
Captain
# 67
10-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenor002 View Post
So if I head over to this when it's available for the bonus stuff...is...it.....

ADVENTUUUUUUUUUUUUURE TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME! ?
Adventure...........
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 68
10-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:

I can has Gunstar?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 69
10-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Whatever happened to "moving away from multiple currencies?" Romulan marks? Really?
Real Join Date: Jan 2012
Commander, Fleet Cron-Beta
Captain
# 70
10-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Then... I guess what I don't understand... is why it would matter to people that much; the definition of content.

To me, content is content, regardless of form. I don't know how or why I think that, but I do.

I just feel like I'm missing something here
Would you rather have a mission like, let's say... the one with the Guardian on the Edge of Forever, where you actually go through a story, interact with items and people, and come out winning a scenario? Or would you rather mindlessly kill hordes of enemies so you can turn in what they dropped for various types of loot?

Arguably both of those things are "content". Arguably the TNG season 1 admiral's uniforms are "content". But what many people see as content involves actually doing a storyline mission, not mindless grinding. At the very least, the grinding should be disguised, or varied, or something.