Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 630
From the latest Dev Blog - http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=714451

Quote:
What do I get for completing these missions?

By completing these tasks, you earn Romulan Marks for use in the new Reputation system which awards new special rewards and gear, as well as increasing your reputation with the Romulans (look for another Dev Blog on this system in the near future). You will also unlock story elements that explain the history and potential future of New Romulus.
Good job on that unifying currencies idea, I see you all did the exact opposite.

Also, does this new Adventure Zone just sound like a re-hash of the Deferi Adventure Zone, just with Romulans now?
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,630
# 2
10-15-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm assuming, largely based on the Priority One video and what we know about the STF loot system and the Task Group Omega reputation, there'll also be some kind of Borg mark.

The way they're used, though (very specific single-use progression driver), Fleet Marks are something closer to a consumable experience than a currency. Everything we know about the reputation system has been "like the fleet system but for players" so Romulan marks will likely be used the same way.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 314
# 3
10-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Given the choice of rewards from a new currency for end game content or a random chance similar to current STFs Ill take the new currency any day.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,014
# 4
10-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Eh. I'll reserve full judgement until we've seen the system in action, but I do feel a tinge of worry that this will just be another time/currency grind akin to the starbases and the Nukara dailies.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,682
# 5
10-15-2012, 01:52 PM
I have to agree... We are close to, if not beyond the number of currencies we had pre-season 5.

And Considering that I lost big time on the last conversion, I am against another round of unification of currencies.

Cryptic. Please be kind and stop introducing new currencies.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,630
# 6
10-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I have to agree... We are close to, if not beyond the number of currencies we had pre-season 5.

And Considering that I lost big time on the last conversion, I am against another round of unification of currencies.

Cryptic. Please be kind and stop introducing new currencies.
Remember, the STF loot system is also supposed to get turned into a reputation.

Pre-S5: 17 with 3 unique uses, 2 of which were simply duplicated twice at each mk level.

Post-S7: 6 that we know of, 7 or 9 extrapolating from current information (7 assuming Borg marks, 9 assuming Romulan and Borg credits), with 4 completely unique uses, 2 of which are duplicated in different progression scales, one of which is duplicated with different reward sets.

So not only are we still far below the old number of currencies, their functional overlap is pretty limited. The three marks acting as progression driving experience for holdings and reputations, and the credits from each accessing different reward sets.

Last edited by hevach; 10-15-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,313
# 7
10-15-2012, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
The way they're used, though (very specific single-use progression driver), Fleet Marks are something closer to a consumable experience than a currency. Everything we know about the reputation system has been "like the fleet system but for players" so Romulan marks will likely be used the same way.
Exactly. They're much closer to XP mechanically than they are to currencies, ceteris paribus.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,682
# 8
10-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Remember, the STF loot system is also being turned into a reputation.

Pre-S5: 17 with 3 unique uses, 2 of which were simply duplicated twice at each mk level.

Post-S5: 6 that we know of, 7 or 9 extrapolating from current information (7 assuming Borg marks, 9 assuming Romulan and Borg credits), with 4 completely unique uses, 2 of which are duplicated in different progression scales, one of which is duplicated with different reward sets.

So not only are we still far below the old number of currencies, their functional overlap is pretty limited.
I do have that in mind... But it's still new currencies, and if each season is going to include a new set, it wont be long before we are back to the old numbers again.

And the function overlap before season 5 was also extremely limited in terms of being useable for all.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 9
10-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
I'm assuming, largely based on the Priority One video and what we know about the STF loot system and the Task Group Omega reputation, there'll also be some kind of Borg mark.

The way they're used, though (very specific single-use progression driver), Fleet Marks are something closer to a consumable experience than a currency. Everything we know about the reputation system has been "like the fleet system but for players" so Romulan marks will likely be used the same way.
This ---^

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 883
# 10
10-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
I'm assuming, largely based on the Priority One video and what we know about the STF loot system and the Task Group Omega reputation, there'll also be some kind of Borg mark.

The way they're used, though (very specific single-use progression driver), Fleet Marks are something closer to a consumable experience than a currency. Everything we know about the reputation system has been "like the fleet system but for players" so Romulan marks will likely be used the same way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
This ---^

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
The stf marks are called Omega Marks.
You can also earn them via borg missions and are not just limited to stfs. This is the same for Romulan etc and will be a part of the Reputation System.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:25 AM.