Career Officer
# 11
10-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I do have that in mind... But it's still new currencies, and if each season is going to include a new set, it wont be long before we are back to the old numbers again.

And the function overlap before season 5 was also extremely limited in terms of being useable for all.
Technically they are not currencies. Think of them as skillpoints or expertise. These also wont take up any inventory space, hopefully
Career Officer
# 12
10-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
Technically they are not currencies. Think of them as skillpoints or expertise. These also wont take up any inventory space, hopefully
Well the old currencies did not take up space either.

But untill you can't get anything by earning them anymore, they are still currencies... Why? Simple:

1: You have to work for them
2: You use them to exchange for items and gear
3: Even in our world, Money is a symbol of status, hence rep.

... Sounds awefully like money to me...

It's a currency... Yea... it may be a status of how much time you have to grind, but you can still buy things for it.
Just like you can with fleet marks.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 13
10-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Well the old currencies did not take up space either.

But untill you can't get anything by earning them anymore, they are still currencies... Why? Simple:

1: You have to work for them
2: You use them to exchange for items and gear
3: Even in our world, Money is a symbol of status, hence rep.

... Sounds awefully like money to me...

It's a currency... Yea... it may be a status of how much time you have to grind, but you can still buy things for it.
Just like you can with fleet marks.
When you put it like that, yeah I guess they are a currency in that sense...
Career Officer
# 14
10-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
When you put it like that, yeah I guess they are a currency in that sense...
Don't get me wrong... im not saying it's nessacarily a bad thing...

I just think Cryptic needs to consider that if they keep introducing new "volume" (lets call it that for sake of argument), each time a new season is introduced, we simply end up with the pre-season 5 Medal/emblem/mark system. And that would be really sad.

Simply pull the break here... We have the Omega Marks, we have dil, we have BO points, we have EC, we have Romulan Marks (what ever they are called), we have GPL, we have fleet marks.
Stop there. Call Omega marks "STF marks", Romulan Marks "Player Marks" and Fleet Marks, Fleet marks, and stick with that.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
10-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Your all forgetting Latinum and Lobi.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
10-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Quote:
The stf marks are called Omega Marks.
You can also earn them via borg missions and are not just limited to stfs. This is the same for Romulan etc and will be a part of the Reputation System.
This would be very awesome.
post a comment on this webzone if you want a pizza roll
Career Officer
# 17
10-15-2012, 01:37 PM
It appears they are consodidating things going forward as, after Season 7 launches, I doubt we'll see EDCs dropping - and we won't be converting things to 'requisitions' that we then have to turn in; we'll just have the Reputation type and maybe an item that we just turn into a store NPC to get what we want.

All that said, as long as they are consisten across the new Reputation system; and just keep it to major factions (IE Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, etc.) - it won't be all that different fro m gring Reputation in other MMOs (like EQ or WoW.)

But, time will tell. To be honest, the only thing I hatted about the old 4 tier 'Mark' system that went away with Dilithium was that you usually had marks left over for old lower level gear you no longer had any interest in. As long as this stays an Endgame gear system; I think it will be okay - but as always, time will tell.

(Still, I don't think their claim that Dilithium is a 'time based currency' where you get rewarded for time spent doing things in game - as it's mostly tied to the doff system; and the ONE type of content some player spend a fair amount of time in game doing - aka STO Storyline missions - rewards ZERO Dilithium for time spent.)
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 18
10-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:

I just think Cryptic needs to consider that if they keep introducing new "volume" (lets call it that for sake of argument), each time a new season is introduced, we simply end up with the pre-season 5 Medal/emblem/mark system. And that would be really sad.

Simply pull the break here... We have the Omega Marks, we have dil, we have BO points, we have EC, we have Romulan Marks (what ever they are called), we have GPL, we have fleet marks.
Stop there. Call Omega marks "STF marks", Romulan Marks "Player Marks" and Fleet Marks, Fleet marks, and stick with that.
The way they are making the Reputation System work, there will be Marks for:

Borg/Undine: Omega Marks
Romulan: Romulan Marks
Federation: Fleet Marks

I get what you are saying, yeah I hate all these currencies too. Although I prefer earning the Marks the way I want to, rather than being forced to constantly grind elite stfs for that random drop..
Captain
# 19
10-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:

I'm somewhat concerned as well. Sadly, your division won't really work since you'll probably get those "omega marks" from any borg related mission (as per the last Priority One interview). Similar to any other "race-specific marks" they may introduce (like romulan ones).

Clearly, they want to give you unique rewards depending on what missions you play, who you fight in them, who you "help" in them. And that indeed leads to loads of "currencies" (hopefully they don't end up in inventory).
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Career Officer
# 20
10-15-2012, 01:44 PM
I have this hunting feeling more things that use to just cost EDC/whatever are going to have a Dilithium tax, not good for me whose soul purpose for Dili is to turn it into Zen.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?