Career Officer
# 71
10-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
The Reputation system will have some Dilithium inputs among others (Romulan Marks, etc.)
Well that's just swell. /sarcasm

So previously I'd grind EDCs and earn Dilithium, now I'm gonna be grinding Omega Marks and paying Dilithium...
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
# 72
10-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
of course that if you are not in a fleet you could get maco gear! Fleet marks are for fleet progresion, romulan marks are for playing romulan missions and new omega marks are for getting stf and maco gear! Omega marks are replacing edc and tech drops. I dont know where do you get you information. New omega and romulan marks dont have any connection with fleets!
just let me quote and highlight the bit that caused this comment:

Quote:
No, [x] Marks are invested in movement along [x] progression paths.

You're right in that you don't actually buy items with Fleet Marks. You use Fleet Marks to progress your Starbase which then allows you to buy items with Fleet Credits and Dilithium.

We've allready been told the romulan vershion of this is tied into the embassy which is fleet only, i'm assuming OMEGA will work the same so...
Captain
# 73
10-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
They've said you can convert old EDC's,Tech,Salvge,Data Logs and what not to the new system. So.... hope you didn't discard them or turn them in for Dilithium LOL
I've been using some of them for dilithium. I am part of a smaller fleet, so we had to seriously pony up to advance.
Captain
# 74
10-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Opposed to what?

Reman datalogs? you have to farm The Vault at a specific time for them and oh, they take a inventory slot.

STF Borg Drops? Just Tech Drops are SIX, adding rarity and we start looking at EIGHTEEN and if we add Borg Salvage that is TWENTY-ONE, plus the Encrypted Data Chip and that now TWENTY-TWO, not counting the REQUISITIONS themselves since its not if I can go and GET THE DAMN THING by going to the MACO Space vendor and get it, no I have to TRADE IT for a requisition FIRST.

STFs are not only a "lifetime job" but also the IRS because all the paperwork you have to deal to get a set.

Why do you people have to act like what sfdebris calls Neelix? What is wrong with those changes that mean less inventory clutter and also mean less grind ... I mean, sure you HAVE to grind to get marks but by God, its like you people want to be handled everything on a silver platter ... all MMO require some grind, STO only does it for sets and try doing something like, oh "get 30 wolf pelts" that is NORMAL on a MMO quest were the worst I seen in STO is the "scan 5 anomalies", when its team ... yes, we got STFs as worst until now, with Omega Reputation at least its not "oh look, another Rare Borg Engine" and rush back to the forums complaining about STFs drop rates.

Honestly, I never even bothered with the Reman stuff, too busy grinding the others.As far as the drop-rate, the only time it bothers me is when I kept getting lockboxes in place of what used to be deflectors or weapons and such.

The whole grind thing has gotten to the point where most people I know dont even PvP anymore because they are still trying to get competitive gear. Its kinda gotten like the cart is being put in front of the horse. We get stuck in a grind loop while hoping more interactive content comes up (like improved PvP). Thats my main gripe. My mid size fleet has shrunk to a tiny fleet because they didn't want to do the grind, so they come on, do thier doff misions add to the starbase and log off.
Career Officer
# 75
10-16-2012, 06:31 PM
The real issue with STO is that every freakin rewards that used to randomly drop here and there are getting replaced by "Earned Over Time Grind" or Lockboxes.

Personally i WAY MORE prefer to try my luck and hope for a good random drop when i play THAN looking at a garanteed "Token of something you need to accumulate during X days until you have enough to exchange them for something".

Let's look at Borg STF drops right now:

Those who cry have no idea how worst it will be later.

How it works now: You do a STF and this is what you get or could get:

You are garanteed to get at least 1 EDC , 2 for Elite. EDC can be converted into Mk10, Mk11 gear of many kinds. You can buy DOFF, convert into Dilitium or even trade these for Normal or Veteran MACO gear.

So you see, EDC IS already the Currency Over Time that players who grind can get for certain when they play. I see no problem with it at all.

Then there are the Borg Techs and Prototypes. Those are harder to get, always random but outside of Elite content, you can get EVERYTHING with just grinding EDC.

The only thing that is totally random and can be hard OR easy to get is Elite MACO Gear. But again, there are people who gets it all in one single day and those who still cant get it after weeks.

To be honest, i like it that way because it keeps me coming and playing. Missions with garanteed rewards get old fast because garanteed rewards are rarely BIG.

I like how STF currently work. You are already garanteed your reward ( EDC ) but you ALSO get a shot at the jackpot and THAT is exciting! When it will be gone, i will get bored fast of STO.
Empire Veteran
# 76
10-16-2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verlaine11 View Post
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...=416131&page=2

Post 19

Quoted from thread

Very much this---^

So, let me clarify now that I have more info. The missions unlock at each tier of progression in the Romulan Reputation System. You don't have to run a specific project to unlock the content. The Reputation system will have some Dilithium inputs among others (Romulan Marks, etc.)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
*sighs* Doesn't surprise me. I wonder how many tens-of-thousands it'll need.

Captain
# 77
10-17-2012, 09:11 AM
How do you earn dil in the new world, my main income is stf's :/

Got me worried
Survivor of Romulus
# 78
10-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Multiple currencies don't bother me. It isn't hard for me to keep track and it has been the same way in plenty of other games. I understand it is hard for others to keep track, that's fine, just not for me.

What bothers me is the need for multiple currencies for everything. Looking through the fleet stores and it seems there's nothing that I can get exclusively with fleet marks. I also have to have dilithium. So what's the point of the fleet marks? If the rep system is the same way, it can be safe to say that I may not progress very far as I am disinterested in grinding very much for dilithium and what I do earn I like to use on other things.

I do like it when game developers try to work towards end-game content that isn't simply a raid and then another raid and then one more raid, but it seems like everything Cryptic comes up with is a grind, and just speaking personally, that doesn't really appeal to me.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.

Last edited by drogyn1701; 10-17-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Captain
# 79
10-17-2012, 10:46 AM
If anything kills this game for me and causes me to drop my sub it will be endless grinding for too many currency types and constantly illogical changes that devalue items I have purchased with real money.
Just say no to ARC