Lieutenant
# 1 PVP Starbase Siege proposal
10-20-2012, 02:06 PM
I apologize for not writing well in English. Please help me with this idea. I imagined it as guild event.

Rules:

- Only fleets that have starbase at levels 3, 4 and 5 can participate.
- The leader can challenge another fleet only once every month.
- The challenger sets the date and time.
- There is no option to decline the challenge.
- The time of the match will be a maximum of one hour. If after one hour the base is not taken attackers will lose

How it will work:

- First the attackers need to take down the shields of the starbase.
- The defenders should use its fleet to defend the station and can also use the resources of the starbase (lasers, torpedoes, etc.) for defense.
- Once the defense shield fails, everyone will be transported into the base where it began the new phase of combat.
- The defenders may spend resources buying soldiers for the defense of the engineering, operations and tactical.
- For the attackers win they need to take control of one of the basic sectors (engineering, tactical or operations). To accomplish this goal one player should be able to access the computer or dashboard and stay in it for 5 minutes. If the player is killed during the intervening time, other players may try to take control, but each attempt the time is counted from the beginning, ie it will take another five minutes.The attackers must maintain control until the end of the siege. The defenders will need to do same to get the sector back, ie one player should be able to access the computer or dashboard and stay in it for 5 minutes.

- The respawn areas must be distant enough to prevent the players from being attacked when they are back.

Prizes:
Winners:
- Each participant will gain an item MK XII purple.
- If the defenders win they will be entitled to complete one project chosen by the fleet leader
- if attackers win they will be entitled to complete two projects chosen by the fleet leader

Loser:

- The starbase will loose some resources.

Last edited by lordhook; 10-21-2012 at 09:01 AM. Reason: It is a guild event.
Rihannsu
# 2
10-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhook View Post
No, just no.

Why are you people trying to shove PvP into other people, they do this and every ****ing time that **** shows up I will disconnect, you cannot force me to PvP ... do you understand that? YOU CANNOT FORCE ME TO PvP!
Empire Veteran
# 3
10-20-2012, 02:32 PM
This made me lol, sounds like someone wants to war dec lowbie fleets. Oh the sweet memories that brings to my mind....

It could be alot of fun but in STO forcing people to PVP is not a good idea given the vast majority would most likely be against it. An "opt in" to be war decced may work better though.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Captain
# 4
10-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Make it an Opt-In situation...tada, fixes that forcing bit - eh?

Also, I saw mention that a attacker can do a single challenge - how about the defender can only be challenged once? Otherwise you open yourself to the FailFleet - where the losing before it starts team cuts deals with folks to attack them instead of others.

Cause face it - any system - players will attempt to find a way to cheat the system to their advantage...
Lieutenant
# 5
10-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Make it an Opt-In situation...tada, fixes that forcing bit - eh?

Also, I saw mention that a attacker can do a single challenge - how about the defender can only be challenged once? Otherwise you open yourself to the FailFleet - where the losing before it starts team cuts deals with folks to attack them instead of others.

Cause face it - any system - players will attempt to find a way to cheat the system to their advantage...
One single player (or 5 or 10) could never take a base level 3 because the fleet leader can buy NPCs for defense.

"- The defenders may spend resources buying soldiers for the defense of the engineering, operations and tactical."
Captain
# 6
10-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
One single player (or 5 or 10) could never take a base level 3 because the fleet leader can buy NPCs for defense.

"- The defenders may spend resources buying soldiers for the defense of the engineering, operations and tactical."
Was not speaking of a single player - but a single attacker (single fleet).

"The leader can challenge another fleet only once every month."

You could have 50 leaders doing their single challenge against the same defender who will guarantee them a win in return for a little something-something.

Of course, with the suggestion of being able to accept a single challenge - that too is easily gamed, as the person would just need to create an alt fleet - make sure they challenged at the beginning of the cycle - and they could guarantee themselves that win on defense and not have to be bothered by any other attacks.
Commander
# 7
10-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
No, just no.

Why are you people trying to shove PvP into other people, they do this and every ****ing time that **** shows up I will disconnect, you cannot force me to PvP ... do you understand that? YOU CANNOT FORCE ME TO PvP!
Chill the **** out. What are doing in these forums? Besides, we're forced to pve all the time...
Lieutenant
# 8
10-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Folks,

The idea is that players can interact and collaborate. It is not forcing anyone to anything. The defender will always have the advantage. Taking a starbase is a task that requires collaboration and organization. If 50 players attack without organization they will lose, even if only 5 are defending.
Captain
# 9
10-20-2012, 08:03 PM
um, i know pvp can be a bit imbalanced and one sided sometimes. but why is that guy a few posts above that against PVP? i have a feeling he speaks for many players unfortunately.

i mean, the game is full of imbalance and lack of challenge in the PVE section, why not join others for some good fun?

i think any idea that implements both aspects of PVE and PVP is great fun. i mean, kerrat is crazy to be in, but if anything its not the same old boring mission. depending on who is in there, you could be killing borg for a half hour, or trying to stay alive during a klingon onslaught.

so, hear me ye all gaming trek fans.....

zone PVP, or Fleet Wargames would be the RP'rs biggest present in the world. and how could you argue that it wouldnt be?

i mean, you are talking territory wars on a massive scale. a live action RTS PVE/PVP experience.

build up your starbase defenses by grinding missions for necessities.....

earn "espionage" points for killing other fleets in PVP ques......

play tit=for=tat border wars with other fleets while making aliances to prepare for large offensives.

HOW is this not awesome?

have fun kill bad guys
Captain
# 10
10-20-2012, 08:10 PM
I like it, except for a few parts:

Quote:
- The leader can challenge another fleet only once every month.
That seems a bit restrictive.

Quote:
That seems a bit cruel.

Quote:
- Once the defense shield fails, everyone will be transported into the base where it began the new phase of combat.
Those shields aren't much stronger than those of a battleship. If they regenerate crazy fast, then maybe.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!