Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 31
10-18-2012, 11:43 AM
For better or for worse, playable Romulans does not necessitate Romulan faction. It's quite possible you can have Feds or KDF playing Romulans.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Career Officer
# 32
10-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redricky View Post
Until the Scimitar gets here I will fly a ship called Defender with a toon called D'Deridex so it will induce pants-wetting on sight in a particular population of players.
you know the guys who developed the Scimitar for the Discovery mod in Freelancer, was amazing. The look and feel was perfect. Had about 8 battleship cannons, 2 missles, and a couple of counter-measure equipment........
ok i'll stop, i'm drooling.
Career Officer
# 33
10-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
My Vorcha will turn whatever Garbage Scows the Romulans are capable of fielding into Debris fields!
that could be an awesome event. Romulan ships protecting player freighters, while being attacked by klingons..... *rubs chin*
Career Officer
# 34
10-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyandfrosty View Post
Knowing the LOLCryptic the rommies will have ships every bit as good as fed or KDF Fleet Ships, by default and not have to worry about starbases. It'd be an ultimate **** Move.

Though it has one tremendous upside. It gives New PvP Fleets a chance to grow against the rest of us on even terms.

Would I move over? Only if I could start at level cap. PvE in this game is so bad I can barely level my new kdf sci... who gets a level every quest turn in.
yeah. Not having a separate empire like the other groups would be a huge disappointment.
But of course it DOES take a lot of work to create the planets and systems, and nps, et.c. for a particular zone of space. Hopefully all that will be done by season 10 or something.
Empire Veteran
# 35
10-19-2012, 05:47 PM
this was the last post of page 3, so no one saw it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
all this season 7 stuff is a ramp up for them shoving down our throats a romulan faction tacked on to both the fed and klingon faction. be season 9 i reckon we will be buying playable fed/romulans and kdf/romulans in the c store that have access to playable d'deridex, norexins, and bops.

with this move, a third faction is dead, its pretty obvious. at least their going to the trouble of setting up this elaborate transition to this reality with this romulan colony stuff and sector block. instead of having fed and kdf crawling all over it, which is bat**** retarded if you know anything about the romulans, it should have been the romulan faction home zone, and all this work they put into this season 7 romulan stuff should have been FOR the romulan faction.

just think, we could be having the romulan faction for season 7 here any day now,but instead we get content were we are super nice to them until they willingly join our faction in season 8 or 9.
this story line blog post all but confirms that this is exactly whats going to happen

http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=723151
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 36
10-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Quote:
this was the last post of page 3, so no one saw it.--

this story line blog post all but confirms that this is exactly whats going to happen

Let's hope that the Romulan stuff will be expanded at some point, instead of just having the ships/characters as just an add on like the liberated borg.
Career Officer
# 37
10-20-2012, 12:32 AM
Quote:
this was the last post of page 3, so no one saw it

Actually, there seem to be three factions within the inner-Romulan conflict. So we might get all three things: Fed allies, KDF allies, and an independent faction.
Career Officer
# 38
10-20-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Actually, there seem to be three factions within the inner-Romulan conflict. So we might get all three things: Fed allies, KDF allies, and an independent faction.
That's also what I got from the blog post. A Romulan faction that remains independent (the Tal'Shiar), Romulans that side with the Feds and Romulans that side with the KDF.

While this would be nice, I can't see Cryptic doing this (i.e., releasing a Romulan faction alongside two 'mini-factions' for the Feds and KDF) when they're not even close to finishing the KDF faction .

Need help with PVP? Check this thread out!

Last edited by tick0; 10-20-2012 at 06:16 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 39
10-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
they are giving themselves the option to do anything. they will choose the option that will need the least amount of work
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 40
10-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
they are giving themselves the option to do anything. they will choose the option that will need the least amount of work
yeah God forbid they give us more quality than quantity >.>