Cryptic Studios Team
# 91
10-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Thanks for your feedback everyone, we are reading this thread and taking notes.

I have a request, though. If you come across anything that you feel is not working properly or a bug, please include your browser version or what device you are viewing the Gateway on. It helps us tremendously.
Career Officer
# 92
10-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farktoid5000 View Post

I have a request, though. If you come across anything that you feel is not working properly or a bug, please include your browser version or what device you are viewing the Gateway on. It helps us tremendously.
My post in the bug forums. ALl bugs stull persist. All of this is in Google Chrome (PC) version 22.0.1229.94 m (newest version).
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)

Last edited by icegavel; 10-25-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 93
10-25-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:

It seems like a read only copy of game info but nothing interactive that I would find a purpose in using it for. If it had some intricate things like being able to doff with it, seeing doff missions available for each sector with my characters, etc I could find a use for it but other than that it seems like a waste of time Nothing against anyone at Cryptic but if I am able to go look at this gateway I am also having access to the game so I don't see any point in using it.
Captain
# 94
10-25-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm like what I am seeing. I know DOFF functionality is in the future. But one thing I request and suggest which will hep DOFFers a lot. Have DOFF roster export ability on a CVS or XML format. It would do wonders for players trying to manage a large DOFF roster. A minimum or name, type, subtype (for the different flavors on a type). quality and bound state. Any extra field would be gravy. Doesn't have to aything special or even being displayable under your UI. Just something so I can crunch the roster.

Last edited by lordfuzun; 10-25-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Added bound state to list of fields.
Starfleet Veteran
# 95
10-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Quote:

I did that. Windows 8. IE10. Modern UI and desktop. Compatibility mode allows the logon screen to show, but not function. Standard modes show a blank screen.

-Forjo
Join Date: Aug 2008 -------------------- My oldest post (that I can find)
Location: Houston, TX ------------------ Former Cryptic User #11424

Stop the easily abused and unfair auto-silence "feature"!
Career Officer
# 96
10-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Is it just me? Im getting my tribble test character? Not the holodeck!
Career Officer
# 97
10-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Its just testing. And it will be on tribble. Just tribble, until they are pleased with it so they release it to holodeck
Career Officer
# 98
10-28-2012, 07:19 PM
I notice that this is now labeled properly as BETA.

Also, thanks for adding the character select option in the upper-left.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Starfleet Veteran
# 99
10-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bberge1701 View Post
  • It would be nice to be able to access the "Captain's Log", like the old site had.
Oh Dear Lord this. Please.

I was stunned we didn't have at least a blog interface to the Captain's Log when we launched, I was thrilled with the release of the interface, as rough as it was, and I was deeply saddened when it died.

Please. Please please please. Give us our personal logs in the Gateway. You can use the same hooks into the database to give us Accolade information or whatever else you feel is important enough to justify it. Just please. Give us the logs.

"I had the ambition to not only go farther than man had gone before,
but to go as far as it was possible to go"

--Captain James Cook
Career Officer
# 100
10-30-2012, 07:41 PM
It would be awesome if it had the same Okudagram format as a PADD from the show, complete with moving menu graphics. Then, it would feel immersive when using a notebook or iPad.
Closed Thread