Career Officer
# 71
10-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devil07 View Post
I'm using an iPad 1st gen and the gateway works great!

One surgestion though. Will you be adding a button to switch characters like on Tribble in season 7?
I'm using an iPad 1 as well, and agree, it looks great. Really liking this new addition to STO!

For Ship Charts and Videos - STARFISH1.CO.UK
Career Officer
# 72
10-22-2012, 10:32 AM
Finaly something positive about Season 7, it is only in an early Alpha phase but I see the huge potential in it.
T6 Miranda and T6 Oberth FTW!
Lieutenant
# 73
10-22-2012, 06:23 PM
So far this is buggy useless trash, but at least there's a slim possibility of this being something useful somewhere down the road.
__________________________________________________ ___
Original Username - njdss4 - Original Join Date - July 28, 2008 (Official Forum Launch Date)
Ensign
# 74 Good start
10-23-2012, 05:35 AM
Love the interface on PC, hope to try it out on my galaxy s2 later.

It can only do so much at the moment, just looking at details, which isn't at all much.

Hope the gateway becomes a bit more functional - such as doing the DOFF missions, sorting out my inventory/bank/mail whilst on the move or at work *coughs*

So please, make it so
Career Officer
# 75 8 days and still no iPhone
10-23-2012, 05:55 AM
Well it's been out 8 days now and it's still not possible to login from the iPhone.

Once you tell us when we can actually login then we can give feedback on if it's any good or not.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Ensign
# 76
10-23-2012, 06:18 AM
It looks really good on my PC, but I can not log in with my HTC.
After login a blank page appears, on which is in the upper left corner a single sentence: "Cannot POST /". Other HTC smartphone users can attest to that?

EDIT: It works now. Apparently it has been repaired.

Last edited by an672b1; 10-23-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Ensign
# 77
10-23-2012, 10:03 AM
While in theory, when it works, it works well, what this "Gateway" needs is the following:
  • The ability to manage doffs
  • fleet admin functions
  • starbase / outpost project panel
  • boff project panel (post s7)
  • built in xmpp chat server which gives advanced chat functionality for subscribing players above normal programs like pidgin, trillian etc.
  • the ability to set the names and biographies of boffs
  • the ability to alter PC biography
  • the ability to link player info to others to see, or a database that can be searched by name, fleet, etc, with rankings etc by pvp ratings, pve ratings, accolades, missions accomplished, fleet rankings etc.

With a broad scope of functions like those, and perhaps others, then the feature would take on a new life and become something truly useful.
Career Officer
# 78 Nice job so far
10-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Very nice! I'm liking this a lot. Definitely a vast improvement over the "My Captains" pages on the old site.

A few suggestions:
  • It would be nice to be able to access the "Captain's Log", like the old site had.
  • I'd like to be able to access the in-game calendar from here (both the hourly and monthly ones).
  • "Bridge Stations" should indicate the type of station, and which powers are actually available.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.
Career Officer
# 79
10-23-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm loving this thing so far. Only thing I've really run into is you can't switch characters without logging out completely then back in.

Also the fields get shifted a little when logging into the site on my Droid 4. You end up with white boxes that show up in the middle of the screen where you type your password and username. When you log in though it seems to run alright.
Lt. Commander
# 80
10-24-2012, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleta63 View Post
Hey Goltzhar try Deleting your Current Tribble test server Character and update by resubmitting your latest Holodeck server Character of choice.

Love Solo DAXX
That did not help.:
1. Now I see comander station on all stations on one of my char (fed). And on KDF 3 comander stations.
2. Still switched places on the third and the first ability.
Closed Thread