Captain
The final Upgrade - the tier 3 upgrade - to complete the first Solo Tier 3 Starbase - Fleet `Starbase 001`

Of course if there are any other solo tier 3`s completed already I would love to hear about it!

Once complete I will post a pic - which brings me to another question - how to get a ingame screen shot and post it here?

And for anyone thinking about starting their own starbase to go solo: DON`T!!!

Its a complete and utter waste of time and resources. Frankly without the least bit of fleet customization the things are just a gated copy cat of each other - absolutely NOTHING special about them at all.

Cryptic better hurry up and make them more fleet customizable with more functionality or they will just become a gated store for a privilaged few. And soon forgotten.

What a waste. They could have been so much more. I hope there is some customization coming in season 7 or no-one should bother carrying on - for what - a few ships? Past tier 3 unless you have a feet with min of 10 active members - don`t bother. Of course the super fleets will carry on right to the end just because of shear size and there is not much else to do - but if they really ramp up the content outside of these thing - they will most likely become empty tombs.
Career Officer
# 2
10-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Congratz Levi - you madman!
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
# 3
10-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Here are some Congo Rats for your momentous occasion.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
10-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Here are some Congo Rats for your momentous occasion.
Conga rats. Not Congo rats.

Conga = cuban drum based line dance

Congo = African county

Not saying there aren't rats in Congo, but....
Captain
# 5
10-15-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
Conga rats. Not Congo rats.

Conga = cuban drum based line dance

Congo = African county

Not saying there aren't rats in Congo, but....
Obviously rats from the Congo do the Conga.
Commander
# 6
10-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Gratz on the base!!

And yeah, the only reason I'm even working on a base is the total lack of anything else to do.

Cryptic dropped the ball in a truly epic way by making everything cabon copy.

Hard to believe this is the work of some of the same people that created the awe inspiring amount of customization seen in the supergroup base system in City of Heroes.
Captain
# 7
10-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Congratz Levi - you madman!
Thanks - I know I am not the only one out there doing a solo base - but I did it just to see if it could be done. Not in a hurry to get any fleet ships - I like the fleet defiant and have 28 ship provisions - but have not made 1 ship yet! I have had the shipayard now for over 6 days.

The tier 3 upgrade is a real bite on dith - over 1.6 million for the full thing or like 10,000 zen

Of course i have over $500 million EC so it`s not preventing me from getting ship modules - I am just a doffer and well the fleet ships have little use other than PvP - heck you can blow through any STF elite with the lvl 40 free ships. I will get around to it after I launch the upgrade tomorrow. I have 10 c-store ships anyways - poor excel refit has not been out in 6 months.

Really am just waiting for the Vesta.

Still I can`t stress enough that these things are a waste unless they make them more customizable - there is ZERO excuse with the amount of resources that fleets put into them that they can`t have things like fleet logo`s - holograms of the fleet badge, things like that.

And what about them orbiting a planet that your fleet could go down to?
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
10-15-2012, 06:34 PM
As a fellow solo act, I have to say congrats on your accomplishment! No idea how you found the time, and fleet marks, to do it. Getting Engineering to T3 was enough of a pain for me. Getting all three areas and the base to T3...
Career Officer
# 9
10-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
The final Upgrade - the tier 3 upgrade - to complete the first Solo Tier 3 Starbase - Fleet `Starbase 001`

Of course if there are any other solo tier 3`s completed already I would love to hear about it!

Once complete I will post a pic - which brings me to another question - how to get a ingame screen shot and post it here?

And for anyone thinking about starting their own starbase to go solo: DON`T!!!

Its a complete and utter waste of time and resources. Frankly without the least bit of fleet customization the things are just a gated copy cat of each other - absolutely NOTHING special about them at all.

Cryptic better hurry up and make them more fleet customizable with more functionality or they will just become a gated store for a privilaged few. And soon forgotten.

What a waste. They could have been so much more. I hope there is some customization coming in season 7 or no-one should bother carrying on - for what - a few ships? Past tier 3 unless you have a feet with min of 10 active members - don`t bother. Of course the super fleets will carry on right to the end just because of shear size and there is not much else to do - but if they really ramp up the content outside of these thing - they will most likely become empty tombs.
Too late already doing this and working on finishing tier 1 when i get engineering done.

I went tactical first and was rather disappointed. It gave me a starbase to go to, but its a bit of pain to get there. Now that I've finished science, and upgraded it, i can transwarp to the starbase and wish i had done that first. After i get engineering done I'll take a little break before starting on tier 2.

I'm a lifer so if this takes me till this time next year, at least i'll have something to work on while waiting for the new content to come out.

But enough about me, GOOD JOB Levi3 !!!! that's an AWESOME achievement.

I've been following your posts and your progress with great interest.

And yeah sure hope they keep adding functionality to Starbases, not a whole lot going on there yet but it sounds like they will.

Looking forward to building an Embassy too.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
10-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Obviously rats from the Congo do the Conga.
Oh, well..yes, obviously.

Congrats Levi.