Captain
# 21
10-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Congratulations!
Thanks everyone and Taco - see you are still hanging around the forums. It`s good that dev`s pop in around here. Keeps players interested.

I know someone else suggested it, and you guys are probably very busy with season 7, but I think they should have a special Dev event day - where everyone from Dan on down gets on the game and interacts with players as well as jumping in on some of the `Q`s

Could be great for player moral and fun to see!
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
10-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Congrats Levi. My two man fleet is only at T2 so it is a great accomplishment to get to T3 just by yourself.
Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]
Career Officer
# 23
10-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Hey Levi
I just realized the coolest part of this from my perspective.
At the start of Season 6, you set this insane goal for yourself.
And now, with Season 7 just around the corner you are finishing a Tier 3 starbase solo.
That's pretty awesome.

Great Job.
Now, sit back and just play the game for the FUN of it.
You've done enough grinding for one lifetime.
Captain
# 24
10-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Hey Levi
I just realized the coolest part of this from my perspective.
At the start of Season 6, you set this insane goal for yourself.
And now, with Season 7 just around the corner you are finishing a Tier 3 starbase solo.
That's pretty awesome.

Great Job.
Now, sit back and just play the game for the FUN of it.
You've done enough grinding for one lifetime.
Thanks again hippie, I plan to. No need to be pulling in 100k dilth a day lately. I already have all I need to fire off the upgrade as soon as it comes avail - last couple of hours i have just been watching The walking dead season 2 on netflix - been wanting to see it for awhile.
Captain
# 25
10-15-2012, 11:20 PM
If you start typing "/screen" into the chat bar, it will bring up several screenshot options, most importantly the ability to take (or not take) screenshots with the UI in place. Congrats on that VERY impressive achievement!
Commander
# 26
10-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
[...]
And for anyone thinking about starting their own starbase to go solo: DON`T!!!
[...]
First congratulations, second how did you progress past t2? Focused on one category or like me try a balanced approach to lessen the resource strain (i.e. doffs)?
Career Officer
# 27
10-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Huzzah!!!!!
Task Force Zulu--Back to Duty X4 SB T2.0, Tac 2, Eng 1.5 & Sci 1.
Subscribe to STO--1546+ days
LTS Since December 2011
Captain
# 28
10-16-2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felderburg View Post
If you start typing "/screen" into the chat bar, it will bring up several screenshot options, most importantly the ability to take (or not take) screenshots with the UI in place. Congrats on that VERY impressive achievement!
Thanks that will help. i will screen shot it when the Upgrade comes off CD in just over a weeks time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedom01 View Post
First congratulations, second how did you progress past t2? Focused on one category or like me try a balanced approach to lessen the resource strain (i.e. doffs)?
Actually I did it balanced across all Categories. Since the Bulk of assignments were the 1000xp which require massive amount of doffs, this allows you to open doff pack, fleet doffs, etc and put doffs into each section so you don`t get a massive buildup of one type of doff. Since you are getting massive amounts of Fleet credits I just turned that into the general common doffs for 500 FC and it would give across all 3 categories. I found it to be the simpliest way. Now that doff prices have cratered I might do if differently, but balnaced makes the most sense if you are not rushing to get a shipyard or something specific.

Total calculated cost in EC which include not exchanging dilth to zen to ec and buying doffs and opportunity costs of selling the doffs vs dumping them into the starbase to reach tier 3 is around $1 billion EC

Last edited by levi3; 10-16-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 29
10-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Thanks everyone and Taco - see you are still hanging around the forums. It`s good that dev`s pop in around here. Keeps players interested.

I know someone else suggested it, and you guys are probably very busy with season 7, but I think they should have a special Dev event day - where everyone from Dan on down gets on the game and interacts with players as well as jumping in on some of the `Q`s

Could be great for player moral and fun to see!

No problem, I'd look for that kind of thing around the launch of S7
Only YOU can prevent forum fires!

Captain
# 30
10-16-2012, 01:16 AM
Gratz !
Indeed a monumental effort (requiring monumental insanity ) .

Did you bother with any of the "Give us ur Dil" projects , known as "Special Projects" ?