Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Empire Veteran
# 11
10-16-2012, 04:47 AM
I hope we can also get additional set parts for our boffs. I'd like to get every single one of them in maco/omega gear, especially with the new instance involving them.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-16-2012, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
I don't see a reason why there shouldn't be a dilithium box you can buy from those Mark vendors.

One thing I just realized. Once we no longer get a loot bag at the end there will be One less source of lockboxes that forces it's way into my inventory.
Actually I bet the only option to do will be to buy a lockbox. You have to understand, lockboxes are so innovative, original and desirable system. Everyone plain adores them and we all play STO just to grab as much of those boxes as we can.
Community Moderator
# 13
10-16-2012, 05:26 AM
Season 7 Dev Blog #3

Quote:
What do I get for completing these missions?

By completing these tasks, you earn Romulan Marks for use in the new Reputation system which awards new special rewards and gear, as well as increasing your reputation with the Romulans (look for another Dev Blog on this system in the near future). You will also unlock story elements that explain the history and potential future of New Romulus.
I've highlighted in red the relevant info from the latest dev blog.

The last couple of dev blogs came out on the 11th, 12th and 15th of this month, therefore it's only logical to assume that the info that will resolve or confirm your concerns will be available to read on the 18th or 19th, this week.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Career Officer
# 14
10-16-2012, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I hope we can also get additional set parts for our boffs. I'd like to get every single one of them in maco/omega gear, especially with the new instance involving them.
not a good idea
BOffs cant wear the visuals
BOffs dont utilize the set bonus powers unless they are passive (Jem Hadar set power is passive, works on BOffs, Omega is a button for the power bar, does not get used by BOffs)
Rihannsu
# 15
10-16-2012, 06:12 AM
Currently acumulated EDC and Salvage are going to be converted into Omega Marks, according to Priority One interview.

What I'm more worried about regarding the currencies is that... how are we supposed to grind dilithium now? STFs loot were one of the better ways to acquire larger amounts of ore, and now this is going away. The new missions in the new sector seem to be designed to reward only Romulan and Fleet Marks and up until know there's been no info on any new daily missions with dilithium rewards (as the Deferi and Eta Eridani ones).

Cryptic keeps nerfing anything that rewards dilithium to players and if this keeps up, there's going to be nothing left but grind, which surely is going to discourage many players, especially the ones involved in starbase construction. Cryptic has already "fixed" Kerrat, reduced dilithium from dismissed duty officers to nothing, increased contraband requirements, and now they're removing borg salvage without introducing anything new AND worthwile (dilithium mining was a neat idea, but ended up being completely boring and pointless). Instead they're focusing on introducing even more currencies, which we thought were supposed to be changed to dilithium in Season 5. As if we just couldn't use Expertise for this new system instead... *sigh*
Career Officer
# 16
10-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Well, I haven't been able to finish an STF on Tribble, so I'm guessing, but is there any indication that the STF completion dilithium has vanished? Cause that's always been more than half of the dilithium you get from STFs. At least it was for me. I don't get rare salvage/tech every STF, or prototype salvage/tech every other, to match it. So unless they took that too, it's not a total loss. It's still a fairly efficient way to grind dilithium, seeing as it doesn't have the 20 hour cooldown everything else comes with.

As for the currencies, in all fairness, if we count the EDC and such as currencies, we're trading in 12 (EDC, Rare Salvage, Proto Salvage, 3 x Uncommon Tech, 3 x Rare Tech and 3 x Proto Tech) currencies for 1, and a bunch of freed up inventory and bank slots. (Though they may yet fill those.)

Still, it would be nice to know more about the conversion that'll come with it. Some people may want to convert a portion, or all of it, into dilithium if this stands to turn into another case of the season 5's. Or if this reputation system is going to drain dilithium. (Which would be kind of dubious.) It's okay for them to want us to play through their new little system, I'm fine with that, but we should at least be allowed to make an informed decision for ourselves in what way to dispose of the relics of the old system that we ourselves collected. And that means more than one or two days' notice this time.

We're not going to keep pushing the button if Cryptic keeps taking away the cheese.

We'll squeek up a storm though.
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 10-16-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Career Officer
# 17
10-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
based on the S5 currency conversion, I doubt that you ll have much use for your accumulated currencies past conversion, would kind of defy the purpose.

Problem is, Even if DSTAHL comes out here stating how much more use you get out of your currencies, the example they set with S5 doesn't make me believe one word they say about currencies.

TL;DR get you gear now, i doubt it ll be easier come S7
+1 to this, you'll have to grind harder and longer. Get your gear now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengoz View Post
Silly Rabbit, the Devs don't play the game. That's why they have no idea about the problems.
Empire Veteran
# 18
10-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
In the Priority One Video where they visited Cryptic Studios and spoke to Gecko and Borticus, they spoke of the EDC's etc being retroactively changed into the new currency.

Much like what they did with Emblems converting into Dilithium. The only problem is, they also said that we would not get full reimbursement for the conversion. So just like the Emblem/Dilithium fiasco, we stand to lose some of our earned currency
Then it's only fair and reasonable that they tell us the cut-off point.

Which of course means it won't happen, but it would be fair, so we know how much we should keep to prepare accordingly.

Lt. Commander
# 19
10-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Then it's only fair and reasonable that they tell us the cut-off point.

Which of course means it won't happen, but it would be fair, so we know how much we should keep to prepare accordingly.
They will tel EXACTLY what will happen when they relesase the Reputation System blog.
And you will be able to test it on Tribble.
So you will be a chance to decide weather to keep them or cash out before S7 hits.
This is not as good as it used to be...
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 20
10-16-2012, 10:29 AM
We'll have a blog out in the next couple weeks that will share information on the upcoming changes.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment