Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Commander
# 21
10-16-2012, 10:45 AM
does the end of some currencies mean, that i cannot get the mkxii gear anymore?
What ? Calaway.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Fleet Marks...
Fleet marks will be harder to get when S7 hits.
With people leaving the Event queues to go play the new content, it will be harder to get the Fleet marks ques running. So, S7 will hamper Starbase progression.
This is not as good as it used to be...
Captain
# 23
10-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by targpetz101 View Post
Fleet Marks...
With people leaving the Event queues to go play the new content, it will be harder to get the Fleet marks ques running. So, S7 will hamper Starbase progression.
I did a tribble run yesterday and did some testing on the new Romulan missions. I wasn't able to test the new 20 player ground romulan mission, but all romulan space missions gave out romulan marks and fleet marks. I don't remember what the new vault mission gave out, but the Azure Nebula Rescue gave out 13 Romulan marks and 30 Fleet marks.
Career Officer
# 24
10-16-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by targpetz101 View Post
Fleet Marks...
IMO - Hardly. I have a character with 5700+ Fleet Marks, and I don't even bother with the Fleet Events because of that. Even contributing to my Fleet's Starbase (which I still do); my Fleet Mark count continues to rise. Why? I still Doff casually, and as a result can run 3 - 5 commendation reports (at my Fleet Starbase) a week without doing much - and they each reward 75 or 100 (if you crit success) Fleet Marks per completion. Fleet Mark are anything but hard to get if you even just casually play content. Doing the Foundry Daily also give 50 FM a day for minimal effort if you know how to 'fast track' it.

If anything, I agree with a lot of the people who say some of teh Marks may be too plentiful, and they'll sit on our characters with no way to really 'spend' all of them, unlike the EDC/Salvage drop system where, if you like, you can just turn stuff in for Dilithium Ore.

IMO - They need to add/have an oprtion to convert Marks to Dilithium in this new Reputation system, or STO's endgame will turn into MUCH more Grind for less reward paradigm.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 25
10-16-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joxertm2 View Post
You are mentioning things that are called currencies for whatever silly reason. Something is a currency if you can get it by SELLING things
Something is a currency if it can be traded for something else .
Money was invented as a "universal currency" aka a tradable good that can be traded for multiple objects/services .

Most of the items listed in the OP can be either traded for another item or for Dill . Thus it's a currency .
Anekdote : the first known currency used by man were seashells .

Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post

Problem is, Even if DSTAHL comes out here stating how much more use you get out of your currencies, the example they set with S5 doesn't make me believe one word they say about currencies.

TL;DR get you gear now, i doubt it ll be easier come S7
Yeah , I had S.5 in the back of my mind too , the thing is for example I found two toons that had about 150.000 Dil worth of Rare Borg Tech on them .
Thus as I needed Zen , I turned those in for Dil , and got Zen w/the Dil .

Thing is , that was not my only "surplus" in my arsenal . Not by a long shot .
Thus , I wanted to know what to do with all that stuff -- preferably from an official source .

Quote:
Originally Posted by darin73 View Post
If you log in to youtube and watch the latest priority one video most of your questions will be answered,
all the borg currencies will go, be replaced with romulan marks, also you won't have to rely on random drops to get all the good gear with the new reputaton system you can build up to it
I have not yet watched that show , but I think you are wrong there .
The Rom Marks will be for some sort of gear , and the Omega Force Marks will be for STF gear .

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
In the Priority One Video where they visited Cryptic Studios and spoke to Gecko and Borticus, they spoke of the EDC's etc being retroactively changed into the new currency.

Much like what they did with Emblems converting into Dilithium. The only problem is, they also said that we would not get full reimbursement for the conversion.
BINGO !
My exact reason for this thread .
Captain
# 26
10-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
does the end of some currencies mean, that i cannot get the mkxii gear anymore?
The whole award system will be reworked for Season 7 .
Until now , you played an Elite STF and ha a "chance" to get a Mk XII gear .
In Season 7 you will have a set of tasks to preform (not sure yet what those tasks will be) , at the end of which you will be guaranteed to receive a Mk XII gear .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We'll have a blog out in the next couple weeks that will share information on the upcoming changes.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon , no offense , but Season 7 might be launched in 2-4 weeks .
Don't you think it'd be appropriate to give the player base a clue NOW as to some of the major changes to the game endgame economy -- you know , instead of say ... pimping a mobile app that currently does absolutely nothing but look pretty ?!

Priorities please .
Captain
# 27
10-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
Don't you think it'd be appropriate to give the player base a clue NOW as to some of the major changes to the game endgame economy -- you know , instead of say ... pimping a mobile app that currently does absolutely nothing but look pretty ?!

Priorities please .
Chances are the precise conversion ratios/methods are not yet set in stone. The fact that devs have already said that it's not going to be fully reimbursed is probably a good reason to convert at least some of what you've got very soon - I'm sitting on about 300 EDCs, a mountain of Uncommon Tech, and 50 rare salvage among 3 characters, so I'm going to be cashing in a lot of it before S7 comes, no matter what the exact numbers will be.

Frankly some of this sounds good - so long as the current dilithium obtaining options don't go away (e.g. the various dailies). Though it sounds like they in fact will be at least changing, probably not favoring the players.
Lieutenant
# 28
10-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
BOffs dont utilize the set bonus powers unless they are passive (Jem Hadar set power is passive, works on BOffs, Omega is a button for the power bar, does not get used by BOffs)
My BOffs use distortion field all of the time with their omega sets, sadly they won't use the integral frequency remodulation.
Career Officer
# 29
10-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
The whole award system will be reworked for Season 7 .
Until now , you played an Elite STF and ha a "chance" to get a Mk XII gear .
In Season 7 you will have a set of tasks to preform (not sure yet what those tasks will be) , at the end of which you will be guaranteed to receive a Mk XII gear .

Priorities please .
It seems everything will turn into a Grind Over Time instead of Luck Of The Draw.

I hate that. Id rather do a mission hoping i can get lucky and get away with something GREAT than SLOWLY and PATIENTLY accumulating tons of Marks to get what i want 90 days later.

We already have the Dilithium grind with the stupid events like Academy Event ( seriously, is there a more boring way to earn Dilithium? ).

People can grind EDC by repeating STF Ad Nauseam but they can ALSO get lucky and stumble on a big reward! I cant believe devs will be changing this. Have they forgotten what feeling it gives to find a cool treasure when you did not expect it? Other than in Lockboxes i mean...
Career Officer
# 30
10-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
I don't see a reason why there shouldn't be a dilithium box you can buy from those Mark vendors.

One thing I just realized. Once we no longer get a loot bag at the end there will be One less source of lockboxes that forces it's way into my inventory.
That is sad. The big loot bag is the thing i find the most exciting about doing STFs. I love random rewards that can give pretty much anything.

There is 0 fun or excitement in completing a task and being rewarded 1 Romulan Mark.

And knowing that you will need 200 Romulan Marks to get what you want and that you will only be limited to gaining 5 Marks a day.... ( Just assuming here but i am not optimistic at all ).