Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
# 31
10-16-2012, 07:18 PM
I'd say cash out now too, but keep some in multiples of 2 so that you won't end up with the odd EDC that you're never going to get rid of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Empire Veteran
# 32
10-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
Brandon , no offense , but Season 7 might be launched in 2-4 weeks .
Don't you think it'd be appropriate to give the player base a clue NOW as to some of the major changes to the game endgame economy
I agree. Sitting on 310k dilithium worth of borg salvage/edcs (and that's excluding all the proto tech I've piling up) I need to know sooner rather than later how much of, or if, I need to start converting that stuff now or whether it'll still be put to good use in the new system.

At 8.5k per day conversion rate that's a solid months worth of converting. And that's presuming I do nothing else that'll also earn dilithium in the mean time.

A good lead time on S7 launch for the blog post would be good.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser

Last edited by eradicator84; 10-16-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Captain
# 33
10-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tali9999 View Post
And knowing that you will need 200 Romulan Marks to get what you want and that you will only be limited to gaining 5 Marks a day.... ( Just assuming here but i am not optimistic at all ).
I'm not ready to be pessimistic just yet, but I can say that a limit like that would be more likely to have me spend LESS time in game, not more, and LESS likely to spend to get Zen.

That said, I hope they don't do that, and I'm not ready to conclude that they will. Though this has me seriously wondering if I should be starting a new toon in the near future. I was considering picking up Joined Trill and making one. Hopefully the dev blogs will shed some light on this situation.

Brendan, if you're still reading this thread, I would encourage you to ask the devs to open up a bit more about these specific aspects, e.g. limitations on getting these assets, and what we're looking at in terms of currency conversion. Even if it's not set in stone yet, a general idea of what it's going to be would be helpful. I am certain it would cut down on the FUD going around here and on in-game chat, which I can't imagine is good for anybody.
Career Officer
# 34
10-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Anybody who was around for the last currency exchange that Cryptic did (Season 5) knows exactly what to expect...

The most obvious thing to do at this point is Trade everything you can in for Dilithium, or take a big loss with Season 7.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Career Officer
# 35
10-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Anybody who was around for the last currency exchange that Cryptic did (Season 5) knows exactly what to expect...

The most obvious thing to do at this point is Trade everything you can in for Dilithium, or take a big loss with Season 7.
Really?

Because I took the opposite lesson. I traded in last time and lost out.
Captain
# 36
10-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Really?

Because I took the opposite lesson. I traded in last time and lost out.
Last time Cryptic managed to be quite vague about who will loose out and by how much , plus it didn't help that Stormy actually urged ppl to get rid of their Emblems .

I can't recall if the math has been done by the players before or after the S.5 conversion , but I do recall that it was stated that only the top 1% (which I took to mean 1-10%) have lost out a great deal on the conversion .

I agree with one of the previous posters that it is possible that Cryptic has not finished with the exact math's yet , but considering the s&*t storm that followed the S.5 conversion , I'd think that they'd want to inform us asap , if anything just to avoid :

a) One more pointless s#!t storm that sours the launch of a season .
b) The possibility that in a very short amount of time , relatively numerous players would be doing the "convert to Dil / sell 4 Zen" bit , which might not be so good for the Dil economy .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 10-16-2012 at 11:30 PM.