Career Officer
# 1 m.a.c.o/borg set vs fleet set
10-16-2012, 03:15 AM
which one to use? which is best the borg/m.a.c.o set up or the fleet set up, im talking about deflectors/shields/engines. the fleet stuff looks better but the borg/m.a.c.o set up has the set bonus
Career Officer
# 2
10-16-2012, 03:18 AM
I'm not familiar with the Fleet space gear but as far as I'm aware, the MACO shield is still the best shield in the game. The Borg Deflector and Engines (and Console) all give unique bonuses and grant some powerful regenerative abilities to your ship - does the Fleet gear do this?
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Ensign
# 3 Maco and borg are great
10-16-2012, 03:21 AM
Both have their use, I use partial borg set for the moment with maco engines and honor guard so ask me if you want my take on the best battle usage
Simcore
Alien lieutenant general, house of duras
Human vice admiral, icarus fleet
=/\= '...to boldly go, where no game has gone before...' =/\=
Career Officer
# 4
10-16-2012, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
I'm not familiar with the Fleet space gear but as far as I'm aware, the MACO shield is still the best shield in the game. The Borg Deflector and Engines (and Console) all give unique bonuses and grant some powerful regenerative abilities to your ship - does the Fleet gear do this?
it doesnt give the extras but all the specs on the fleet stuff are higher than the borg/maco set up as standard so im not sure guess i will have to just test them out but didnt want to waste dilithium
Career Officer
# 5
10-16-2012, 03:55 AM
Perhaps you could post some of the specs so that those of us that haven't seen them can comment?
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 6
10-16-2012, 03:59 AM
I was curious about this myself, so I decided to compare...though I only compared the Borg and Fleet engines.

The Fleet engines give you a maximum warp of Warp 12, but the Borg engines give you a maximum warp of Warp 14.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BuffyFanForever/Misc%20Pics/CustomSizeforSTOSignatureImagesSelection3.jpg
Career Officer
# 7
10-16-2012, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanforever365 View Post
I was curious about this myself, so I decided to compare...though I only compared the Borg and Fleet engines.

The Fleet engines give you a maximum warp of Warp 12, but the Borg engines give you a maximum warp of Warp 14.
see my fleet engines give 15.8 warp and a turn rate of 31 degree per sec where as my borg engines give me a turn rate of 28.1 per sec. I will test them out and post my findings here
Captain
# 8
10-16-2012, 11:49 AM
don't waste your funds on fleet shields, deflector and engines. just take a look. that stuff is nothing compared to maco/borg set up.
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/