Career Officer
# 11
10-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
So another question...The Romulan "Adventure Zone" works similarly to Nukara and Defera, correct? If that's the case, will those be called "Adventure Zone" areas as well? Or will New Romulus be the first and currently only Adventure Zone?
I believe "Adventure Zone" is, and has been, Cryptic's internal name for the Defera, Nukara, and now Romulan event zones. There might not ever be a reference to "Adventure Zones" in-game.

This would be similar to periodically seeing the devs refer to the server as a "shard," even though that's not the public terminology for it. Backstage shorthand.
Lieutenant
# 12
10-16-2012, 08:00 AM
great, thats all I wanted to hear

Last edited by oooooon; 10-16-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 13
10-16-2012, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Derp! Teaches me to read. Sorry 'bout that!

So another question...The Romulan "Adventure Zone" works similarly to Nukara and Defera, correct? If that's the case, will those be called "Adventure Zone" areas as well? Or will New Romulus be the first and currently only Adventure Zone?
Works similarly, but definitely is different. New mission types, too, including more variety and ones that will unlock as you progress through the zone -- the daily missions are also awesome!

New Romulus is going to be the largest, persistent zone in the game by far; it's HUGE! LOL. Make sure to watch for Tribble patch notes to see when we open it up for testing.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 14
10-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Yes that was stated in yesterday's blog here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=714451

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Can we assume then, that as dailies, you will also earn Dilithium along with the other dailies in the game such as "Emancipation", "Traelus System" and "Explore Strange New Worlds"?
Commander
# 15
10-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Works similarly, but definitely is different. New mission types, too, including more variety and ones that will unlock as you progress through the zone -- the daily missions are also awesome!
=
how do you unlock these new missions? I am begining to think that it will be with dilithium.
# 16
10-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengoz View Post
how do you unlock these new missions? I am begining to think that it will be with dilithium.
Lol, no. You unlock it through progression through the zone and the reputation system (stated in the blog yesterday: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=714451). I believe some inputs on some reputation "projects" may have a dilithium component, but I'm not sure if the ones for zone missions do. They may just have inputs from playing through the other content in the zone (e.g. Romulan Marks, etc.).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 10-16-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Commander
# 17
10-16-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Lol, no. You unlock it through progression through the zone and the reputation system (stated in the blog yesterday: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=714451)I believe some inputs on some reputation "projects" may have a dilithium component, but I'm not sure if the ones for zone missions do. They may just have inputs from playing through the other content in the zone.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

so you are not sure. It sounds to me like PWE is very close to going back on the statement that they "would not charge money for content."

After all the shenanigans and going back on statements from Cryptic/PWE, I am very skeptical at this point that this new content is little more than more grindy monetization systems rather than some quality, fun game design.

I would be happy to be proven wrong.
Career Officer
# 18
10-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jengoz View Post
so you are not sure. It sounds to me like PWE is very close to going back on the statement that they "would not charge money for content."

After all the shenanigans and going back on statements from Cryptic/PWE, I am very skeptical at this point that this new content is little more than more grindy monetization systems rather than some quality, fun game design.

I would be happy to be proven wrong.
Did he say "You must pay X amount of Zen to open up more of New Romulus Adventure Zone?"

No.

He said you may need Dilithium, something earned in-game and may effectively be purchased with Zen, not must.

Don't put words in the devs' mouths. Complain about it when/if they do charge Zen to open up maps.
# 19
10-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Did he say "You must pay X amount of Zen to open up more of New Romulus Adventure Zone?"

No.

He said you may need Dilithium, something earned in-game and may effectively be purchased with Zen, not must.

Don't put words in the devs' mouths. Complain about it when/if they do charge Zen to open up maps.
Very much this---^

So, let me clarify now that I have more info. The missions unlock at each tier of progression in the Romulan Reputation System. You don't have to run a specific project to unlock the content. The Reputation system will have some Dilithium inputs among others (Romulan Marks, etc.)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 10-16-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 20
10-16-2012, 09:59 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes