Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 790
# 21
10-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Very much this---^

So, let me clarify now that I have more info. The missions unlock at each tier of progression in the Romulan Reputation System. You don't have to run a specific project to unlock the content. The Reputation system will have some Dilithium inputs among others (Romulan Marks, etc.)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
how come no one on tribble? not enough need test weekends
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 130
# 22
10-16-2012, 11:09 AM
diogene0, I don't see it costing "insane amounts of dilithium" like Starbases. Starbase Dil requirements are based around a groups effort, not individual.

I do see S7 "hurting" starbase progression thou. It's simply the number of new queues, new zones, "New Stuff To Do!", can possibly pull people from the Fleet mark queues in favor of the new content. Thus making in harder, especially for the KDF with it's smaller player percentage, to afford to progress their starbases. late nights are already a long wait in the KDF Fleet Mark event to get queues running, now there will be more people off running other stuff.

In a strange turn about, new Content could actually impair preexisting content.
This is not as good as it used to be...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 422
# 23
10-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448 View Post
how come no one on tribble? not enough need test weekends
It may be a bad time of the day or it may have to do with the fact that the Reputation System isn't live yet. I know I'd be doing more if it were. (Test Weekend notwithstanding. )
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 130
# 24
10-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448 View Post
how come no one on tribble? not enough need test weekends
This happened with S6 also. If you don't log in at the same time others do then it seems very lonely there. That's one of the reason Branflakes is running a community event there soon. To get a bunch of people on at the same times in a coordinated effort. Sure hopes he does these with every one of the new S7 events thou. Especially on the KDF side.
This is not as good as it used to be...
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 716
# 25
10-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448 View Post
how come no one on tribble? not enough need test weekends
As a reminder, Branflakes posted yesterday about a Community TRIBBLE event for "Mine Trap". There is likely going to be other events for the other activities during the S7 testing period as well.

These and other scheduled events can be viewed on the Subspace Agenda calendar.

Raptr profile
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 26
10-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by targpetz101 View Post
diogene0, I don't see it costing "insane amounts of dilithium" like Starbases. Starbase Dil requirements are based around a groups effort, not individual.

I do see S7 "hurting" starbase progression thou. It's simply the number of new queues, new zones, "New Stuff To Do!", can possibly pull people from the Fleet mark queues in favor of the new content. Thus making in harder, especially for the KDF with it's smaller player percentage, to afford to progress their starbases. late nights are already a long wait in the KDF Fleet Mark event to get queues running, now there will be more people off running other stuff.

In a strange turn about, new Content could actually impair preexisting content.
Well I wouldn't mind if each set (and not set part) costed 5-10k dil or so, especially if we want to get additional ones for our boffs, but I don't see cyptic making existing gear as cheap as it is currently: 6k dil (3 proto techs). I rather see them taxing 10-15k per set element and that's going to be a lot of dil for many people.

I mean, I don't wory for myself, I already get 75% of my dil from doffing and foundry quickies, I have my lts stipend i don't use, but I have many F2P friends just doing a couple of STFs per week and they'll have a hard decision to make: their own gear or their fleet, ie myself or being social. That's not the kind of choice i'd like to make myself.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,664
# 27
10-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Works similarly, but definitely is different. New mission types, too, including more variety and ones that will unlock as you progress through the zone -- the daily missions are also awesome!

New Romulus is going to be the largest, persistent zone in the game by far; it's HUGE! LOL. Make sure to watch for Tribble patch notes to see when we open it up for testing.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Down the line, I'd like to see Rura Penthe and Risa made into Adventure Zones.

They both strike me as places where you could have a cross-faction story that hinges on a faction.

Risa because it seems like a place that would welcome anyone who went there and a place with lots of smuggling/trafficking/archaeological riddles/etc.

Rura Penthe because a "jailbreak" themed planet would be cool and Klingons and non-Klingons alike could be prisoners. The one frustrating provision is that people, once there, probably shouldn't be able to return to their ship until they reach the surface.

The Orion homeworld is another one ripe for this kind of thing.

And I'd adore a 1967-to-1970-ish Earth adventure zone. There's a TON of supporting Trek lore for the period. It would be funny explaining aliens. You could have Isis as a mission contact for some Bond-style adventure. There could be Vegas casinos, nuclear launch sites. You could have Redjac as a villain (he was a Soviet at that point). Maybe you could have Flint show up as a younger man. Rain Robinson's parents, air force personnel from Area 51 who met Quark and company, a rundown movie theater showing Captain Proton serials in 3D, references to the various period sci-fi writers from DS9, the beginnings of Henry Starling's computer empire, the real Vic Fontaine, Zefram Cochrane's grandparents.

I think it would be a chance to go full tilt towards a Trek version of something like Alan Wake or Silent Hill with a dash of James Bond.

Maybe have it be set in a fictional "model city" built by Henry Starling that blends Twin Peaks with Silicon Valley.

I would ADORE seeing my captain walk into a 50s diner, looking for clues about Undine.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,664
# 28
10-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Very much this---^

So, let me clarify now that I have more info. The missions unlock at each tier of progression in the Romulan Reputation System. You don't have to run a specific project to unlock the content. The Reputation system will have some Dilithium inputs among others (Romulan Marks, etc.)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Would it be fair then to say that dilithium is a shortcut?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 883
# 29
10-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Very much this---^

So, let me clarify now that I have more info. The missions unlock at each tier of progression in the Romulan Reputation System. You don't have to run a specific project to unlock the content. The Reputation system will have some Dilithium inputs among others (Romulan Marks, etc.)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Um Brandon, Dilithium is a time based currency that we earn for our playtime within the game. If we have to put time (Earning Marks) + more time (Earning Dilithium), we are in essence paying twice for the same thing.
Why?

Still no answer either on whether we earn Dilithium for the dailies within the new zone to coincide with current dailies in the game?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,664
# 30
10-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
Um Brandon, Dilithium is a time based currency that we earn for our playtime within the game. If we have to put time (Earning Marks) + more time (Earning Dilithium), we are in essence paying twice for the same thing.
Why?

Still no answer either on whether we earn Dilithium for the dailies within the new zone to coincide with current dailies in the game?
Or it's a way of getting more time out of people.

The dilithium projects, as I read it, are optional methods of rep acquisition. As in, you could theoretically do the rep grind without using dilithium.

However, doing so SHOULD serve as a shortcut and basically allows you to apply time spent elsewhere (yours if you earned the dilithium and someone else's if you bought it) towards Romulan/Omega Force reputation to cut back on the time demand of Romulan specific content.

Using the Dilithium is, in a sense, saying, "Okay. I didn't spend as much time on Romulan content. But I or someone I compensated for their time DID spend a lot of time elsewhere so cut me some slack on how much time I spend on Romulan content."
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:48 AM.