Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Tribble Foundry Bugs
10-16-2012, 07:21 AM
So with new stuff available to the Foundry, comes a new batch of bugs. I'm starting this thread to help keep track of them.

So here's what I've found so far:

1. I can't seem to delete any foundry projects. I select delete, type in the name of the mission and hit Ok, but the mission persists.

2. The new NPC state transitions (thank you for this by the way,) the transition "This Component Complete" is available but when it's used, it causes a disconnection when you attempt preview the map. My guess is that this isn't meant to be an option for NPCs.

If I find any more bugs, I'll be sure to add them. Anyone else is free to add their own.

@greendragoon
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-16-2012, 08:54 AM
I would say cross post this in the tribble bug forum too, Im getting a more extreme issue with deleting a project, I am CTD'ing with error code 14453286
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-17-2012, 07:41 PM
So with the Patrols now in, I've had a chance to test them. I'm running into an issue where NPCs on patrol will despawn (fade out) part way through their route. It's worse in preview, but it happens when published too. No idea what triggers it.

@greendragoon
Career Officer
# 4 search?
10-17-2012, 08:59 PM
How about this one:

When I was on Tribble earlier, only *one* Foundry mission was showing up for the Federation (one of the quickies at ESD) and none for the KDF. There were a bunch of Fed missions last week and two for KDF then.

Is it possible that the 'new patrol functionality' has killed Community Authored search?

I see a message at the top 'Search Failed' I think that it said.

EDIT:
Figured it out on my own. Looked like the reviews had been deleted, so all the foundry missions were back to not showing up unless you clicked to 'become a reviewer'. Now I see some of them (enough for the daily, at least).

Last edited by alkelda; 10-18-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
10-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castsbugc View Post
I would say cross post this in the tribble bug forum too, Im getting a more extreme issue with deleting a project, I am CTD'ing with error code 14453286
Cast--your project is actually deleted, but still showing up for you, for some reason.

Which project was it?
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
10-18-2012, 11:23 AM
pretty sure it was ST-TL2DUZTJP

EDIT:
But now I have deleted 3 separate projects:
The above mentioned
ST-TU3AXDBM6
ST-TRKY3DZ37

All these projects are still listed, and all 3 CTD when the delete button is clicked.

As an interesting side note, I can still double click on these projects in the manager and they load and the original project itself is still there as far as I can tell.

Last edited by castsbugc; 10-18-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Career Officer
# 7
10-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
So with the Patrols now in, I've had a chance to test them. I'm running into an issue where NPCs on patrol will despawn (fade out) part way through their route. It's worse in preview, but it happens when published too. No idea what triggers it.
I think the problem is that NPCs tend to fade out after they get a certain distance from the player. I'm not sure whether this is on all settings, or just lower settings.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Career Officer
# 8
10-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Contacts/Enemy Groups always fade out when they disappear so if you want to "beam out" a contact you can't do that. It would be nice if we could select their disappearing animation (whether fade out, beam out, etc.). For that matter, it would be nice if we could set their appearing animation, too.

Contacts say that they "cower instead of fight", but they don't actually do anything other than stand there.

Invisible objects still cover everything underneath them. It would be nice if they could be replaced with a simple border without the stupid, opaque white "5 FT" center piece.

On a side note, it's nice that we can close project without having to log all the way back in.

Career Officer
# 9
10-19-2012, 05:19 AM
When you reskin Mugatos as other NPCs they don't animate. They enter a fighting stance but make no actual animation of their attacks (which still hit). It appears to me the Mugato attack should correspond to a basic punching attack with other humanoid NPCs.

On a side note, if Mugatos reskinned as humanoid NPCs attacked by punching we'd finally have the ability to have unarmed humanoid assailants. Right now if you use targs, etc, and reskin them the attack animation used is the headbutt animation (I guess it's closest to biting). But one thing that would be nice would be if you guys could add a generic humanoid unarmed fighting group that used several moves.

Starfleet Veteran
ST-TNSSN6RL3

says that my republish on 10-15-12 was successful but this mission does not show up searching for its name freighter defense or by username.
This mission has over 285 reviews on it so it shouldnt be because it doesnt have enough reviews, and besides it doesnt show up under review content either.