Career Officer
# 11
10-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
That proc isn't useless, as some people have point out, but it is much more useful for some builds than others. As such, I will be adjusting the proc to a different function that might be somewhat more broadly appealing (nothing is ever going to be useful to everyone 100% of the time).

You'll see a new proc shortly. Thanks for the feedback.
Is that weapons are only soft capped to 125 a bug, or intended? If it is intended, then I retract my statement that extra weapons power was useless. I've been operating under the hard cap that came with Season 4, but had not realized it was removed at some point later.
Captain
# 12
10-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Is that weapons are only soft capped to 125 a bug, or intended? If it is intended, then I retract my statement that extra weapons power was useless. I've been operating under the hard cap that came with Season 4, but had not realized it was removed at some point later.
Extra weapons power is never useless, at least under the current engine release... in that sense, like the dev above just said, it would be a good proc if not for the fact that it doesn't make much sense in the context of the set itself.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Empire Veteran
# 13
10-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
That proc isn't useless, as some people have point out, but it is much more useful for some builds than others. As such, I will be adjusting the proc to a different function that might be somewhat more broadly appealing (nothing is ever going to be useful to everyone 100% of the time).

You'll see a new proc shortly. Thanks for the feedback.
why not move the borg tractor beam to this set along with the console? makes more scene then 3 piece retro borg having the shield heal AND tractor beam

weapons energy is always handy, but ONLY 10 and ONLY a 1% chance is not, not when theres things like maco and leach
Career Officer
# 14
10-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
why not move the borg tractor beam to this set along with the console? makes more scene then 3 piece retro borg having the shield heal AND tractor beam
Heck no! I'd rather not have to pay in stats, proc chance or whatever abilities that useless tractor beam would cost the set!
Captain
# 15
10-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Sure beam overload fails to work but normal firing of beams can go over 125. Set power to 125 and shoot one weapon you drop to 115. Set power to 155 and you can fire 3 weapons and energy stays at 125 never droping below.
They allready confirmed in the thread i linked, (and i think a dev confirmd it as well), what the UI shows is WRONG, if you are at 125 power or more and you fire 3 beams you WILL drop 30 power in reality, the UI just won't show it, overcapping just makes it regen faster, (and thus increase minimum volley damage), it does nothing to prevent drain, you are still capped at 125 power for everything but regen calcs.
Career Officer
# 16
10-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
They allready confirmed in the thread i linked, (and i think a dev confirmd it as well), what the UI shows is WRONG, if you are at 125 power or more and you fire 3 beams you WILL drop 30 power in reality, the UI just won't show it, overcapping just makes it regen faster, (and thus increase minimum volley damage), it does nothing to prevent drain, you are still capped at 125 power for everything but regen calcs.

Wow... a double fake out! Lol! Can this get fixed before new things are added?
Captain
# 17
10-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
The thing is that "minimum volley damage" (as you quite perfectly put it) is where it hurts, so it's still effectively half as good as if you'd had a flat increase across the board.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
10-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
(nothing is ever going to be useful to everyone 100% of the time).
Thats not true, we have something now that we like and lots of people use it (3x retro set and mk xii maco shield) but becouse we love it, Cryptic isn't happy and is going to destroy it.

If Cryptic would make something perfect, you will nerv it the next patch.
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Rihannsu
# 19
10-17-2012, 03:08 PM
I hope you'll take a look at the other set bonuses as well, because they suck. That's why no one was using them.
Empire Veteran
# 20
10-17-2012, 03:29 PM
I don't get how more power to weapons can be useless for any ship with any build. Most of the times, cruisers ans sci ships have to make some sacrifices to get above 110-120 (one emergency power to weapons).