Ensign
# 91
10-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
and it does not mean they will
that is true, which is why I didn't state they will but said I feared they will. Considering the level of nickle and diming that is present in the game I don't feel that fear is unjustified.
Career Officer
# 92
10-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
and it does not mean they will
I hear to unlock the doff functionality you need to give them your first born!
Career Officer
# 93
10-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Producer Steve "SalamiInferno" Ricossa, Jr. reveals details about the STO Gateway project in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

I'm optimistic about this, and looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

I really hope that DOFFing and Exchange buy/sell capabilities are in the future for this project.

Career Officer
# 94
10-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
I couldn't care less really about this........thing.

It's just bling bling. PW's version of a cheap cupcake with cheap fancy toppings trying to look awesome, yet fails.

It is a cop out and Mobile browsers are junky and useless as well as an extra expense for the internet time. So it's NOT free........just to get it it is, but your paying for extra time to use it.

I'm not shelling out for a iPhone or crappy tablet that has a life span of 3 minutes nor any other yuppy garage device just to look cool on STO. Everyone knows that they have to wait for me to read my email, as I won't join the mindless herd.

Most likely won't use this feature, I have seen no serious use for it. If I have to have it ( oh, yes, I will be forced to have it or the game won't run) I'll just shunt it to a dark corner in my hard drive and close the door on it.

I don't care if I'm told by PW's Mr.Spin Doctor to try it, if I see a deflated ball with a massive puncture, why kick it? It's useless. Like the 1000 Day ship.

If I won't join Failbook just to play a game, what makes them think I'm wasting money on a mobile fail device?

Even if there was a gun to my head and PW telling me to use it, I'd say, go ahead pull the trigger. =3
Perhaps you should put in a request for an audio-only version for your dial-up telephone...?

I'm sure there must be some kind of a market for folks who are still living in the 20th century.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 10-16-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 95
10-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnooob View Post
that is true, which is why I didn't state they will but said I feared they will. Considering the level of nickle and diming that is present in the game I don't feel that fear is unjustified.
They may "nickle and dime you" but they also give you many ways not to spend a single dime in this game.

Career Officer
# 96
10-16-2012, 11:01 PM
What I miss most about the original STO website was our Captain's Log being public. Tracking our mission progress as well including those logs we wrote from scratch. When that feature was let go, IMO, it put a damper on community growth. I quit bothering to write original logs at that point. Assuming it were possible, I'd love to see our logs shared through the STO Gateway.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Captain
# 97
10-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskin67 View Post
I'm pretty sure the web team making this does not work on the games story.
if so why not get the forum sorted instead ?
Career Officer
# 98
10-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
if so why not get the forum sorted instead ?
If I had to guess I'd say the forum belongs to Perfect World. If you check out all the other PW game forums they look exactly the same.
Career Officer
# 99
10-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Just wondering also is it possible to have a ios,also an Andriod app with this new patch? with this this in mind you have the feel that you're running the the ship

Emily
Rihannsu
# 100
10-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Producer Steve "SalamiInferno" Ricossa, Jr. reveals details about the STO Gateway project in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

That's just awesome!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584