Rihannsu
# 11
10-17-2012, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post

Now first we are losing the ability to run a good shield in combination with this heal. 2nd, We are losing the ability to run 2pc borg with 2 pc anything else.
way overdue if you ask me, hope they nerf the heal stats of the assim set procs some more on top of that
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 12
10-17-2012, 07:20 AM
Yeah this is way overdue. I would like to see the set bonusus of the MACO/OMEGA sets looked at as only the 2pc OMEGA is any good now, but it wouldn;t have mattered how good they where, as long as the borg was as it was no one would touch them. Survival abilities are just so much better in general.
Commander
# 13
10-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgern View Post
That is a good idea from Cryptic, and it shows that they are beginning to understand their own game.
I corrected your sentence ;-)
Lieutenant
# 14
10-17-2012, 09:18 AM
I think this is a bad idea. A better idea would have been to increase Macro and Omega to a 4 piece set, allowing more flexability in your build out. Or increase all builds to a 6 piece set. Allowing more combinations in what special abilities suit your play style.

But it looks like the dye is already set, so they is just another post in the wind.
Career Officer
# 15
10-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Indeed,

It is also going to ruin a lot of Sci builds out there which once again get nerf'd unfairly. Moreover the new MACO and OMEGA ground sets will be 6 piece sets, why not do the same here to allow for greater combinations.

This is the issue, people are moaning about "zombie" builds using 3 piece borg, Nothing will change people will just zombie 2 piece Borg 2 piece Maco/Omega/KHG

What they needed to do was to Make the Borg/Maco/Omega a 6 piece set.

Fix the Omega set as frankly hardly anyone runs it. Then they needed to update the Jem, Breen and Aegis sets to make them competitive again.

I believe they are updating the Romulan set.

Really this is a massive step in the wrong direction, Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

I would like to see a much more varied ecosystem of set ups, this really doesn't cut it at all.
Career Officer
# 16
10-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
Not really. I'd just see more people with full MACO.
What about the set bonuses of MACO says everyone will run this?

They are easily some of the worst set bonuses available.

Career Officer
# 17
10-17-2012, 10:20 AM
I understand the Retro Borg set can't be the go to set for everyone anymore because the whole point is to get you to grind for new stuff. I get that. But nerfing Borg instead of buffing MACO/Omega/KHG is not the best solution... but maybe its their only solution? They can't be that far ahead of the Elite Fleet sets or no one would grind those. What a conundrum Cryptic has made for itself! So many grinds to justify it can't make anything really good! Lol!!

I wonder if they'll ever get people would happily grind for more GOOD cosmetic options?
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
10-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Its always nerving and never fixing what is broken, called it the Cryptic way.
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
10-17-2012, 10:44 AM
Then again...The addition of the borg weapons will be cool

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=417101

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Commander
# 20
10-17-2012, 10:46 AM
I think that this is probably a good move. It's a little worrisome because it's a nerf to the setup that I use, but weakening the rate of shield tanking is a positive step for PvP, and providing incentives to use different things with different strengths and weaknesses, rather than getting the combination that provides all the strengths and none of the weaknesses.