Captain
# 251
10-24-2012, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
If the advent of lockboxes and other P2W items are any indication, then someone may be grossly overestimating his own importance and influence.
Ya they don't listen to the PvP devs either... probaly a good reason the game has been through 4 or 5 of them since launch. lol

Indeed it is and always has been about the $$$ at the end of the day. Doesn't mean I have to approve.
Commander
# 252
10-24-2012, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
Well yes frankly they are OP....

But the talk around that has mostly revolved around buffs to regular DC... as they have no real point.
DCs are better than DHCs if you are only running 1 Turret.

That is all.
Career Officer
# 253
10-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
At the risk of re-igniting the flames, allow me to attempt to explain the reasoning behind this change...

/snip
The issue with this that you intended for the borg set to be an end game set, but the low shield capacity doesn't allow it to be an end game set considering the spike damage you mentioned. That is why 2pc and 3pc sets with non-borg shields were being used.

Now, you have restored your original intentions with the set by making it a total of 3 pieces. However, it is still not an end game set due to the low shield capacity due to your nerf a couple months back

If anything, you should leave it a 3pc set, but restore the original pre-nerf abilities from a couple months ago.

Note also that the borg shields only have a 15% plasma resist compared to other STF sets.. if this is an end game set, then it should probably match.
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!

Last edited by tfomega; 10-31-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Ensign
# 254
11-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenmirror2012 View Post
The retro set is now 3pc, Deflector, impulse, and shield, 2pc Hull heal 3pc SHield heal AND Tractor.

Now first we are losing the ability to run a good shield in combination with this heal. 2nd, We are losing the ability to run 2pc borg with 2 pc anything else. I think the consol should remain part of this set, and an alternative make it also include in the (dreadful) weapon set.

Dont believe me? Look.

This change is not good, focus on BOOSTING MACO and Omega Not nerfing Borg.

This is a post generaly recapping what most ppl will think when this goes live,

EDIT: I use regnerative shields, this change hits me very little compared to most ppl in STO.

i agree they should have boosted the MACO and OMEGA set instead of nerfing borg set,shame on you cryptic
Captain
# 255
11-01-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm starting to think these changes don't go far enough but are a step in the right direction. Perhaps moving the tractor beam to 2 pc bonus and making both the shield and hull regen need the 3 pc would better balance these things. If this is not done we will still see people run the deflector and engines with MACO shields for 2pc hull heal bonus. Make people use the borg shield if they want to have the heal bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 256
11-01-2012, 01:24 PM
look at most of ya scared of the borg kit
it is a bad move on cryptics part very sad they doing this...