Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,708
# 51
10-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
I'm in full agreement but honestly the skies'll fall before we'll get a real queue system, I'm just grateful we have one at all.
I hear the new and improved queue system doesn't even show how many people are queued up for each thing...... an attempt to get more people to queue up to more things since they won't know what's popping and what isn't, or a new "bonus" feature?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,395
# 52
10-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
I hear the new and improved queue system doesn't even show how many people are queued up for each thing...... an attempt to get more people to queue up to more things since they won't know what's popping and what isn't, or a new "bonus" feature?
I was on Tribble an hour or so ago and yeah, there's definitely been a big UI change to the queues... not sure about PvP since my first instinct on Tribble isn't to hit up the arenas lol

I actually kind of like the idea of not showing how many people are queued, for exactly the possible reason you just stated... problem is that I doubt they'll fix the estimated time counter to refresh a little more often, so it's gonna be a pain trying to guess whether you'll get a game in the next century or not.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,360
# 53
10-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I'm not opposed to that change, that's just a bit harsh, but more diversity can't hurt the game. 80% of starfleet is currently using 3 parts of the borg set, that's not really diversity, and escorts are tanking too much, that's a fact.
No, that is an opinion. The fact that crybaby cruiser captains don't like it doesn't prove anything.

Quote:
You'll do better based on your individual skills, not thanks to your gear, isn't that the purpose of a game?
The better gear bonuses I get, the more skill points I can spend in other areas.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,749
# 54
10-17-2012, 04:01 PM
How exactly do I get these new weapons to recomplete this set I worked so hard for before?

Do I have to grind STFs for Omega marks? How many? Can you get them on normal difficulty?

Who do I go to to trade marks for these weapons? DS9 still?

Do I have to be lucky to get some extra rare drop like the current system?

Edit: So I went to DS9 and the Maco vendors don't seem to sell either the Kinetic cutting beam or the Omega Plasma torpedo launcher?

Where can I find these items? Are they not "live" on Tribble?
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.

Last edited by thlaylierah; 10-17-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 55
10-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
No, that is an opinion. The fact that crybaby cruiser captains don't like it doesn't prove anything..
My two main chars are flying escorts currently, and one of them is a tac. I'm definitely not a cruiser captain, I don't use that. So when I say that escorts need a nerf I'll be the first to experience it. Because I know how much it can tank. That's insane for a dps class.

In pvp i often get the first or second heal and first or second dps values in my team. At the same time. With my sci on an escort. This shouldn't happen.

Last edited by diogene0; 10-17-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 56
10-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Regardless, nerfing this set does nothing to advance the variety and diversity of builds in this game.

I am all for this split if it meant that the M.A.C.O set would be getting a Graviton beam power that actually did something cool, if Aegis was competitive again and if the Breen and Jem kits also benefited from an XII upgrade.

That is what I want to see, if we're going to remove the base from which people start their STF careers they should be heading into with an Aegis/Breen/Jem set that will actually be of use in an STF.

Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,742
# 57
10-17-2012, 07:15 PM
I disagree with retro balancing being a bad idea

I think it is a step I'n the right direction

The Borg set is too cheep on cost compared
To it's value currently

You can get 5 STF data chips I'n very little time
15 for a whole set little time the 4th piece the module
Is easy to get

No way something this cheep should be better
Than a class 12 Maco omega or Khg set
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 170
# 58
10-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Escorts need the tank. Why? BECAUSE CRUISER PILOTS CANT PLAY THEIR ****ING ROLE!

When i can pull aggro off of two Cruisers while not even using anything more than base weapons fire you KNOW there is a ****ing problem. All these cruiser pilots better learn their damned roles and start speccing for it properly or you're gonna find a lot more failed pugs when the DPS is sitting out for a minute and a half because the tanks cant even establish aggro because they SUCK THAT MUCH!

I'm pretty sure this will cause me to fully change out my Sci and Engi stations in total on my fleet tactical because having shield options so i dont die fifty thousand times is about to be pointless. My tank has saved my life when the cruisers cant think of holding aggro and just try to be pure DPS.

I'm also going full fleet gear for good. No sets, no more of this BS. Just full pure fleet. I'll grind it out that way rather than deal with this crap.

Congrats PWE and Cryptic. You've angered the playerbase in such a way i find it reminiscent of some of the EVE online nerfs and a few other games. Unfortunately for you the way the talk banters around here i wonder how much of it is actually hanging by a thread. More than i think in the other games. We'll see what happens when this makes Holodeck.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 96
# 59
10-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Needs to be done, making new stuff EVEN more powerful than the borg set to make people finally ditch it seems like it would trivialize all existing PVE content.

As it is my mobius is nearly unkillable in PVE, which, while fun once, is bad overall (on live)

Edit: (on live).
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 809
# 60
10-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw51825 View Post
Escorts need the tank. Why? BECAUSE CRUISER PILOTS CANT PLAY THEIR ****ING ROLE!
Wrong, escorts are so tanky that cruisers don't need to protect them in 99% of all cases. Which leads the cruisers to not learning how to since there is no need for them to.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:46 AM.