Captain
So... if we have a mission that has no combat apparently we get the 10 Diplo XP, like the old Diplo missions pre-Doff System.

Is this planned?

I've tested it out with little combat bits and sure enough, only if you don't have combat does this pop out as diplo exp when you finish the mission. So, I'm guess you guys know about this and planned it as a feature.

If so, that's awesome!

Too bad we're gonna have a reaaaaal big problem with console clicker missions.

I really, REALLY, like the idea of this, but, unless you've already come out with a solution to this it's gonna be a problem. Please, pleaaaase, find a way for this to work though. 10 Diplo xp is nothing, I know, but it's the thought that counts! I speak only for me but at the moment I think we REALLY want this or something like it!
Career Officer
# 2
10-16-2012, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
So... if we have a mission that has no combat apparently we get the 10 Diplo XP, like the old Diplo missions pre-Doff System.

Is this planned?

I've tested it out with little combat bits and sure enough, only if you don't have combat does this pop out as diplo exp when you finish the mission. So, I'm guess you guys know about this and planned it as a feature.

If so, that's awesome!

Too bad we're gonna have a reaaaaal big problem with console clicker missions.

I really, REALLY, like the idea of this, but, unless you've already come out with a solution to this it's gonna be a problem. Please, pleaaaase, find a way for this to work though. 10 Diplo xp is nothing, I know, but it's the thought that counts! I speak only for me but at the moment I think we REALLY want this or something like it!
Meh. It'd still be barely faster than you could get it with DOffs.

Ultimately, who cares?

I'd rather see good gameplay get rewarded than see bad gameplay get stiffed, when it comes to some rewards.
Captain
# 3
10-16-2012, 11:56 PM
People are enterprising.

I just want to call attention to the idea in case they somehow didn't think about it, while expressing that I really love the idea.
Career Officer
# 4
10-17-2012, 06:36 AM
Good luck with reaching 100,000 diplomacy at 10 CXP per Foundry mission

That kind of grind almost makes me wanna take another look at The Vault
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
# 5
10-17-2012, 01:45 PM
I think I could use that to get 100k in 4 hours. It could be obvious if caught in time, but, unless it is tied to time and rewards it's easily doable. In fact, I think someone could find a better way to do that.

Sure that's 4 hours of doing a mind-numbing repetitive task, but, 4 hours for one whole specialization, even if that is all they are doing...

I think it's wise to call attention to it so it can be nipped in the bud.
Rihannsu
# 6
10-17-2012, 01:51 PM
On one hand, 10 points seems way too low after the DOFF system changed the scale of things. On the other hand, yeah I'm sure somebody will find a way to exploit the system. Oh well.

Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
Founding member, Special Service Squadron
"Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher